I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw someone on Reddit got their CFU replaced with a contactless capable one via SM. I decided it’s a convenient time for me to do that so I messaged Chase requesting a replacement card that was contactless capable.
Chase Reply: all about contactless cards
Me: I know & would like to replace my current card with a contactless capable one
Chase Reply: we’ve initiated your dispute. We may require additional information about your purchase
Me: I have no disputes with my purchases! what is wrong with you people?! I just want to replace my card with a contactless capable one!

It’s only Dec 6 and the holidays win already, I am obviously at the end of my rope. Asking what was wrong with you people was admittedly not a highlight of my churning journey :(

I SMed them two weeks ago asking a question and I got the same response. I called in lol

It’s only Dec 6 and the holidays win already, I am obviously at the end of my rope. Asking what was wrong with you people was admittedly not a highlight of my churning journey :(

Totally reasonable response though. I get they may be more busy than normal but you still need to read. Though there's a general lack of reading comprehension now days which is sad.

Saw someone on Reddit got their CFU replaced with a contactless capable one via SM. I decided it’s a convenient time for me to do that so I messaged Chase requesting a replacement card that was contactless capable.
Chase Reply: all about contactless cards
Me: I know & would like to replace my current card with a contactless capable one
Chase Reply: we’ve initiated your dispute. We may require additional information about your purchase
Me: I have no disputes with my purchases! what is wrong with you people?! I just want to replace my card with a contactless capable one!

I had a phone call with Disney store costumer service yesterday inquiring as to when my order placed on 11/24 was ever going to shop. The lady kept telling me over and over standard shipping takes 5-8 business days. I was like umm today is day 8 and it hasn’t shipped yet. Is it coming by drone?

I ended the call by thanking her for the absolutely useless call. I still have no idea when or if my 4 pairs of kids pjs will arrive.

I got my Visa gift cards from Amazon. Registered them (they are gift card mall) and then tried to use them on Plastiq to pay my student loan provider Mohela. Got error code 2017 from Plastiq and was told to call my card issuer. I've used Visa debits before on Plastiq no problems, anyone know if there is something different about Giftcardmall Visa cards that doesn't play well with Plastiq?

ETA: the cards were loaded by Amazon, I can see the available balance is $200

Are the VGCs sold by Staples also GCM-issued Visas? I know the $50 and $100 VGCs sold at Safeway are GCMs. I got errors on Plastiq trying to use GCM VGCs. @pillow “called the bank” and was told that Plastiq is a blocked merchant:
Yes - me too. I called and was told that Plastiq is a blocked merchant. I ended up just getting money orders at Food Lion, which was really a win cause its a cheaper liquidation method. In hindsight, I'm glad it didn't work on Plastiq cause it forced me to try MO's again.

Are the VGCs sold by Staples also GCM-issued Visas? I know the $50 and $100 VGCs sold at Safeway are GCMs. I got errors on Plastiq trying to use GCM VGCs. @pillow “called the bank” and was told that Plastiq is a blocked merchant:
Darn. That’s indeed what it is looking like. C’est la vie. General purpose use it is!

What card would you get in Dec to triple dip, Aspire or Lux? I’m open to others but sad rules- over 5/25, not looking for Amex charge card right now, BoA hates me. I’m behind the ball for a triple dip but I think I’ve still got time to make this work...

What card would you get in Dec to triple dip, Aspire or Lux? I’m open to others but sad rules- over 5/25, not looking for Amex charge card right now, BoA hates me. I’m behind the ball for a triple dip but I think I’ve still got time to make this work...
Do you have plans at either properties?
ETA: Hilton isn’t perfect but I strongly dislike starriott these days.

Thought we may finally use priority pass. We have a 2 hour layover in atl next week. I looked it up and the lounge is in the international terminal and that is a bit far. I guess we may never use that benefit it seems.

Ugh. That's really bad. At least with ours you can pay online via debit card or electronic check, in addition to dropping/mailing a check. But no auto pay feature.
I could mail a check but I actually drive by the credit union on the way to work every day, so I drop it off on my due date. No point in giving them my money any sooner than necessary.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/american-express-denies-some-signup-bonuses-against-pop-up-indicator/

@Lain, @SouthFayetteFan and whomever else has been getting the pop up (and in case you missed this). I think I am just going to put DH's Amex's back away and keep using only for offers as they come. With our luck and our history with his account I would manage to apply, not get the pop up, and then get denied the bonus anyway.

I’ve seen chatter about this on r/churning for a few weeks now, but there’s no clear pattern other than Amex saying they have the right to deny bonuses in their sole discretion and vague allegations of “reward abuse or misuse.” Some are wondering if it has anything to do with self-referral, but there are so many counter DPs of folks getting their bonuses despite self-referral.

I really don’t know what to make of it. I think some people are scared so they’re “calling the bank” to confirm their bonus terms before even hitting MSR. I don’t know if that’s helpful because it’s just going to put eyes on your account. My thought is if you don’t get the pop up, assume everything is fine, hit MSR, and contact Amex only if the bonus doesn’t post like normal, and file a CFPB complaint if necessary.
My situation is a bit unique as I’m probably planning to get this Schwab Plat eventually regardless of the popup. If I can’t get rid of it I’ll get it anyways to be able to cash out 200k+ MRs.

Do you have plans at either properties?
Well, of COURSE! THANK YOU for asking the best question here! Literally the best question for my predicament & it didn’t occur to me... I have no Hilton plans as of right now but I do have plans to stay Marriott on my 7 night cert in Hong Kong next year at the JW. I could get the lux, buy a Marriott gift card in hotel here to trigger that credit and then use that towards room charges when I’m traveling. (Although I don’t think I’d rack up nearly that much in room charges as a solo traveler.) However, I do find myself spending a random night at a Marriott here or there domestically each year much more often than I do at Hiltons. And considering how fast I jumped at the ability to cash my Hilton points out a $.005 I’d probably make better use of Marriott points. I will get more serious about some Hilton stays late next year/early following year so timing for that card is probably better later... It really helps to check in here! I was feeling very deer in the headlights!

Called Chase about my CFU contactless debacle. They said there was no dispute showing in my account, made note of what happened and said my contactless card will be here in 3-5 business days. Entire call less than 4 minutes. Definitely recommend calling if you want to do this. Stay away from SM these days!

I had a phone call with Disney store costumer service yesterday inquiring as to when my order placed on 11/24 was ever going to shop. The lady kept telling me over and over standard shipping takes 5-8 business days. I was like umm today is day 8 and it hasn’t shipped yet. Is it coming by drone?

I ended the call by thanking her for the absolutely useless call. I still have no idea when or if my 4 pairs of kids pjs will arrive.

Sounds like Disney is using the same call center as Sam's Club. I had that same conversation about my order from Cyber Monday, that was supposed to arrive between 11/30 and 12/5. I called yesterday because one of the items still had not even shipped and all the guy could say was "it's scheduled to arrive between 11/30 and 12/5" My response was, "yeah, the other two items were supposed to arrive by 12/5 as well but they're not coming until 12/10 according to tracking, and those actually shipped! how's this going to get here today?? " They have no answer but what's on the screen, I have no idea how this is customer service... there's no service being performed.

Thought we may finally use priority pass. We have a 2 hour layover in atl next week. I looked it up and the lounge is in the international terminal and that is a bit far. I guess we may never use that benefit it seems.

Actually the international terminal is just one more 2-minute stop on the train at ATL. And the lounge is right as you enter the terminal from the area where you get off the train. (I'm 90% certain we were at the PP lounge -- there's not a centurion lounge in ATL is there?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter