I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Called Chase about my CFU contactless debacle. They said there was no dispute showing in my account, made note of what happened and said my contactless card will be here in 3-5 business days. Entire call less than 4 minutes. Definitely recommend calling if you want to do this. Stay away from SM these days!

Can you remind me what the advantage of the contactless card is?

Well I am SO happy to report that my FIL had his treatment today and saw INSTANT success!! He immediately had improved gross and fine motor skills, is walking significantly better, swallowing better, and is already seeing some improvement in speech!! My MIL sent me video of him walking approximately 30 minutes after the procedure and it was incredible how much more natural he looked. He could walk alone fine before, but was slow and had the mechanical gait of someone who had learned to walk again late in life. The doctor said that because he already showing improvement, he will continue to see more improvement over the next couple weeks!! We're very thankful!
Wow! So awesome and what a great Christmas gift. And so wonderful you could help them out with the travel part. Such a great story! (I’ve had one of those weeks plus I work in healthcare and see lots of bad outcomes, so your story is a great pick me up today)

Not anything I need to buy right now.

I did buy a Manchester United shirt at Epcot last year. Gift for a soccer obsessed fan.
Ooh DS9 would not be impressed. Lol He is a Tottenham fan. No love for MU here (and only able to find a mini Tottenham soccer ball in Epcot, no other Spurs stuff to DS’s disappointment)

Last edited:
Can you remind me what the advantage of the contactless card is?
Not much on the CFU tbh! US doesn’t do contactless cc really aside from Costco. A contactless card can be tapped to a terminal to pay. I wanted it simply because I’m stoked to see US go contactless (I’m a geek), I’m home for a few weeks so I can wait for the card to come in and SMing is <was> just easy so why not? Until it spiraled on me, lol. What I really want is a contactless CSR before I travel internationally next spring as it is a feature much more commonly used abroad and I’m not sure what I’ll do phone wise yet so I don’t know if I’ll have contactless payment access via my phone.

Well I am SO happy to report that my FIL had his treatment today and saw INSTANT success!! He immediately had improved gross and fine motor skills, is walking significantly better, swallowing better, and is already seeing some improvement in speech!! My MIL sent me video of him walking approximately 30 minutes after the procedure and it was incredible how much more natural he looked. He could walk alone fine before, but was slow and had the mechanical gait of someone who had learned to walk again late in life. The doctor said that because he already showing improvement, he will continue to see more improvement over the next couple weeks!! We're very thankful!
WOW!! EXCELLENT news!!!

I had a phone call with Disney store costumer service yesterday inquiring as to when my order placed on 11/24 was ever going to shop. The lady kept telling me over and over standard shipping takes 5-8 business days. I was like umm today is day 8 and it hasn’t shipped yet. Is it coming by drone?

I ended the call by thanking her for the absolutely useless call. I still have no idea when or if my 4 pairs of kids pjs will arrive.
Ugh. That stinks. I have done all my Christmas shopping except 1 gift card I need. Waiting for packages to arrive. Post office has lost 2 so far. Well, they says they delivered one of them but I don’t believe it. They said 3 packages were delivered Tuesday at 2:15, left on porch (which is not visible from street) I arrive home at 2:45, there are 2 packages. So today I go into P.O., wait in line 15 minutes, wait another 5 for supervisor to come out and tell me I’m out of luck. They scanned it, must have delivered it, they can do nothing else. I’m like ‘so I’m just out the money I paid for the item’. He shrugs. Grrr.

Ugh. That stinks. I have done all my Christmas shopping except 1 gift card I need. Waiting for packages to arrive. Post office has lost 2 so far. Well, they says they delivered one of them but I don’t believe it. They said 3 packages were delivered Tuesday at 2:15, left on porch (which is not visible from street) I arrive home at 2:45, there are 2 packages. So today I go into P.O., wait in line 15 minutes, wait another 5 for supervisor to come out and tell me I’m out of luck. They scanned it, must have delivered it, they can do nothing else. I’m like ‘so I’m just out the money I paid for the item’. He shrugs. Grrr.
You aren’t alone! 20 mins at the post office today to be told the package delivered to my PO BOX last week wasn’t despite what the tracking said & I needed to contact UPS. Who I then found out had tracking data proving they delivered it to the post office, back in line, a new clerk and 20 mins later and they found the box. Here I was ticked at my experience but at least I got my box :( Did you contact the merchant yet telling them the item was never delivered?

Last edited:

W.T.F: American Express Requesting Bank Account Access During Credit Card Application

Sounds like it’s popping up in only edge cases, but still...

ETA the source of the pic:
My friend sent me that pic, He applied for the Amex Business Gold card. But he is not the smartest and typed in 800K for business revenue and 80K for personal income, got that pop up, was scared, clicked No thanks and was declined.
(He has a 690ish score with only two personal cards, (TD and Capital One) $1,000 credit line on each with 90% utilization, he followed my advice to apply for the Amex Business Gold but foolishly typed in 800K for business revenue which ‘probably’ led to the pop up).

Last edited:
Not much on the CFU tbh! US doesn’t do contactless cc really aside from Costco. A contactless card can be tapped to a terminal to pay. I wanted it simply because I’m stoked to see US go contactless (I’m a geek), I’m home for a few weeks so I can wait for the card to come in and SMing is <was> just easy so why not? Until it spiraled on me, lol. What I really want is a contactless CSR before I travel internationally next spring as it is a feature much more commonly used abroad and I’m not sure what I’ll do phone wise yet so I don’t know if I’ll have contactless payment access via my phone.

Just an FYI, but right before we left for Europe my DH made sure that Apple Pay (contactless) worked even when the phone was in airplane mode. We needed contactless for the tube in London and it worked. :)

That's really awful. My packages have been arriving really late (as in shoprunner not being 2 days but 7) but so far they have shown up. The USPS is a mess IMHO and not at all reliable. :( I would definitely contact the vendor and tell them you didn't receive it.

W.T.F: American Express Requesting Bank Account Access During Credit Card Application

Sounds like it’s popping up in only edge cases, but still...

Yikes! Ongoing access?

Just an FYI, but right before we left for Europe my DH made sure that Apple Pay (contactless) worked even when the phone was in airplane mode. We needed contactless for the tube in London and it worked. :)

That's really awful. My packages have been arriving really late (as in shoprunner not being 2 days but 7) but so far they have shown up. The USPS is a mess IMHO and not at all reliable. :( I would definitely contact the vendor and tell them you didn't receive it.

Yikes! Ongoing access?
Dh has had at least two packages come late when we ordered through amazon prime. Both times we were given a credit for them coming late. I would’ve been mad if I used prime and actually needed the item in two days.

Wasn’t the post office closed today? Or was that yesterday? I thought I heard that on the radio because it was a federal holiday

Well I wasn’t around for that so I have no idea lol. All I know is Oprah memes are the best
We had days on this thread where we would blitz AMEX Biz card spot before RAT existed. I swear we had days where there were 20 cards approved (especially when limited time increased SPG and Delta offers rolled around). Those were fun days!

My situation is a bit unique as I’m probably planning to get this Schwab Plat eventually regardless of the popup. If I can’t get rid of it I’ll get it anyways to be able to cash out 200k+ MRs.

I guess that’s what I have been wrestling with. If I apply for DH for the BBP, get pop up, go ahead anyway, he still gets the advantages of the card correct? He just doesn’t get the sign up bonus? Would I get the referral bonus since technically he was approved?!? Any of you reddit followers know? (I never get on or follow reddit as I can barely keep up here).

I guess that’s what I have been wrestling with. If I apply for DH for the BBP, get pop up, go ahead anyway, he still gets the advantages of the card correct? He just doesn’t get the sign up bonus? Would I get the referral bonus since technically he was approved?!? Any of you reddit followers know? (I never get on or follow reddit as I can barely keep up here).
Yeah - it should post from what I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter