I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that’s what I have been wrestling with. If I apply for DH for the BBP, get pop up, go ahead anyway, he still gets the advantages of the card correct? He just doesn’t get the sign up bonus? Would I get the referral bonus since technically he was approved?!? Any of you reddit followers know? (I never get on or follow reddit as I can barely keep up here).

That’s correct. Pop up means DH doesn’t get the measly 10k MR bonus (and hey, doesn’t have to meet the $3k MSR!), but he’ll still earn 2x MR on every purchase up to $50k/calendar year. And you’d get the 20k MR referral bonus from the BGR.

Not much on the CFU tbh! US doesn’t do contactless cc really aside from Costco. A contactless card can be tapped to a terminal to pay. I wanted it simply because I’m stoked to see US go contactless (I’m a geek), I’m home for a few weeks so I can wait for the card to come in and SMing is <was> just easy so why not? Until it spiraled on me, lol. What I really want is a contactless CSR before I travel internationally next spring as it is a feature much more commonly used abroad and I’m not sure what I’ll do phone wise yet so I don’t know if I’ll have contactless payment access via my phone.

Thanks for the explanation. I managed to get Apple Pay to work when there was a Chase promotion, and I will say that that technology is pretty cool, but generally I am a late adopter of new technology (my first smart phone was an iphone 3 something or other and I remember thinking, "I'll never use this thing for anything except to call people. Why is there all this extra useless stuff o my phone?" . . . Now I use it for tons of things but not that often for calling people).

That’s correct. Pop up means DH doesn’t get the measly 10k MR bonus (and hey, doesn’t have to meet the $3k MSR!), but he’ll still earn 2x MR on every purchase up to $50k/calendar year. And you’d get the 20k MR referral bonus from the BGR.

Well now I will seriously consider that. I would like at least one of us to have the BBP and he is the logical choice as he has only 3 credit cards and I have 4. It would be a good fit for him since he doesn’t keep track of categories and a lot of his spend doesn’t fit categories anyway. The 10k is not huge to give up considering I should get the referral. And not worrying about the spend would be nice. Decisions...

Well now I will seriously consider that. I would like at least one of us to have the BBP and he is the logical choice as he has only 3 credit cards and I have 4. It would be a good fit for him since he doesn’t keep track of categories and a lot of his spend doesn’t fit categories anyway. The 10k is not huge to give up considering I should get the referral. And not worrying about the spend would be nice. Decisions...

will still work, the pop up is on sign ups.
Would also keep the CFU behind it when Amex isnt accepted.

Did you contact the merchant yet telling them the item was never delivered?

That's really awful. My packages have been arriving really late (as in shoprunner not being 2 days but 7) but so far they have shown up. The USPS is a mess IMHO and not at all reliable. :( I would definitely contact the vendor and tell them you didn't receive it.

I am so bad. I contact the merchant as soon as the delivery window ends. Amazon say guaranteed 2 days by 8pm, 8:01pm I call and ask where is my stuff? I swear those sketchy delivery people with the white rental vans just skip homes. I had 5 late/missing things in one week! Practically got free prime that year with all the courtesy credits.

USPS is atrocious. It’s so sad to see this happen to our post office. I constantly get neighbors mail and have numerous packages and letters go missing. Just this week I had a Target order that said it was “delivered” with no explanation and it never came. At least Target did right and went above and beyond correcting it. USPS also lost my $150 Tables in Wonderland card. I ordered it on 11/1 and the eta was 2-3 weeks. Nothing by 11/26. I called Disney and it sent a second UPS 2-day to me. Still waiting on the first card. Lol Never even showed in informed delivery.

UPS my choice premium helps a little. It auto-upgrades parcel post stuff to UPS ground.

If the merchant won’t help, I’d file a claim with whichever CC I used. You should not be responsible for incompetent delivery.

Thought we may finally use priority pass. We have a 2 hour layover in atl next week. I looked it up and the lounge is in the international terminal and that is a bit far. I guess we may never use that benefit it seems.
Are you on SW? DS and DH went when we had layover there on our flight to Punta Cana and had plenty of time to grab snacks. Their “subway” makes it super easy to get between terminals.

Sounds like Disney is using the same call center as Sam's Club. I had that same conversation about my order from Cyber Monday, that was supposed to arrive between 11/30 and 12/5. I called yesterday because one of the items still had not even shipped and all the guy could say was "it's scheduled to arrive between 11/30 and 12/5" My response was, "yeah, the other two items were supposed to arrive by 12/5 as well but they're not coming until 12/10 according to tracking, and those actually shipped! how's this going to get here today?? " They have no answer but what's on the screen, I have no idea how this is customer service... there's no service being performed.

Sounds like J.Crew as well..orders placed 11/26 and 11/27...supposed to arrive by 12/6...nothing yet...can’t even get through to their customer service....waited on hold 30 minutes then hung up..

I am so bad. I contact the merchant as soon as the delivery window ends. Amazon say guaranteed 2 days by 8pm, 8:01pm I call and ask where is my stuff? I swear those sketchy delivery people with the white rental vans just skip homes. I had 5 late/missing things in one week! Practically got free prime that year with all the courtesy credits.

USPS is atrocious. It’s so sad to see this happen to our post office. I constantly get neighbors mail and have numerous packages and letters go missing. Just this week I had a Target order that said it was “delivered” with no explanation and it never came. At least Target did right and went above and beyond correcting it. USPS also lost my $150 Tables in Wonderland card. I ordered it on 11/1 and the eta was 2-3 weeks. Nothing by 11/26. I called Disney and it sent a second UPS 2-day to me. Still waiting on the first card. Lol Never even showed in informed delivery.

UPS my choice premium helps a little. It auto-upgrades parcel post stuff to UPS ground.

If the merchant won’t help, I’d file a claim with whichever CC I used. You should not be responsible for incompetent delivery.
And we have just the opposite experience where I live. Our USPS is awesome and UPS leaves a lot to be desired. I get alerts from UPS that things will be delivered between such and such hours and then the hours get bumped out and then the delivery gets bumped out to the following day or the next.

Funded my Santander checking account with $500 on my CFU. Just noticed it coded as a cash advance and charged a $25 fee. Any suggestions on what I can do to get it re-coded?

Last edited:
I planned on applying for the AMEX SPG Lux today because I received a mail offer of 125k points. When I went to apply online, the offer reads like the standard offer of 75k points.
Any ideas of how I can still get my 125k? The offer expires today. I just called them and after being transferred twice, they hung up on me.
Thank you

I planned on applying for the AMEX SPG Lux today because I received a mail offer of 125k points. When I went to apply online, the offer reads like the standard offer of 75k points.
Any ideas of how I can still get my 125k? The offer expires today. I just called them and after being transferred twice, they hung up on me.
Thank you

Was there a code to put in for your offer on your mailer? I don't know anything - just trying to help. I have family that got the 125K offer but I didn't look at it.

Was there a code to put in for your offer on your mailer? I don't know anything - just trying to help. I have family that got the 125K offer but I didn't look at it.
There's not a code, just a new member number that I plugged in on the app page.

Funded my Santander checking account with $500 on my CFU. Just noticed it coded as a cash advance and charged a $25 fee. Any suggestions on what I can do to get it re-coded?

I funded 3 accounts with them on a Chase card back in late August and all three coded as purchase and I got the rewards to go along with it. Did the charge actually post? Not quite sure what Chase would say if you called them. Did you call Santander? Hope they can fix it as now you are getting charged the CA interest since the date posted.

Is anyone having a problem with 'long running scripts' on disboards? It's been happening for a couple of weeks and I can't make it stop.

Has anyone used Last Minute Travel Club to book a cruise? They sent me an email for RCCL summer cruises and I thought great. Just called to try and book and the pricing is nothing like what the offers were. I guess our search for a summer vacation will continue...

Actually the international terminal is just one more 2-minute stop on the train at ATL. And the lounge is right as you enter the terminal from the area where you get off the train. (I'm 90% certain we were at the PP lounge -- there's not a centurion lounge in ATL is there?)

True...but you have to go up an escalator and then up a flight of stairs (it's near the 2nd level food court restrooms and the meditation room) so a little bit of a hike! Good news, though, minute suites in terminal B and T are also PP lounge benefit eligible if that would be of any help @disneymagicgirl

Wasn’t the post office closed today? Or was that yesterday? I thought I heard that on the radio because it was a federal holiday

It was Weds, no mail delivery b/c of the Federal day of observance (holiday for fed govt employees).

Generally there's not a lot you can do here, I'd suggest just paying it off right away. Did you lower your cash advance limit before trying to fund it?

True...but you have to go up an escalator and then up a flight of stairs (it's near the 2nd level food court restrooms and the meditation room) so a little bit of a hike! Good news, though, minute suites in terminal B and T are also PP lounge benefit eligible if that would be of any help @disneymagicgirl

It was Weds, no mail delivery b/c of the Federal day of observance (holiday for fed govt employees).
Okay I knew it was one of those days lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter