Best Disney Pixie Dust You've Ever Received??

My daughter and I went for her birthday and MNSSHP three years ago. We had a standard room at POP that was not ready when we got there. We left our luggage and went to MNSSHP on our arrival day. When we got back well past midnight, the beds had dirty sheets on them. I called and asked if we could be moved, very politely. I believe it was the general manager who came up and checked it out. When he saw what we saw, he immediately grabbed our one suitcase and took us to a golf cart and told them something. We were transferred to a Lion King Family Suite in Art of Animation for the rest of our trip. We barely went to the parks that trip, my daughter just wanted to play in the room and in the pool!

Nothing huge here but in the Year of One Million Dreams random guests were given a block of Fast Passes on a card for the major attractions and we were chosen twice in 8 days. Unfortunately both times we had already done o few of the rides so we ended up passing them along to others as we left the park.

Bill From PA
We were given those fastpass lanyards to getting off POC in Disneyland. The only issue is my husband at the time decided to sleep in and didn't get one. They told us to go to town hall (which back then only had a 3-4 people wait) and the CM made it such a big deal(in a good way) when he presented my husband with is lanyard. My friends and I still talk about that.

Really when we check in. Getting free upgrades from standard to preferred rooms. That’s our pixie dust. We only do one park per day and only eat maybe one or two sit down meals per trip. If that.
We mostly do CS. So all in all things go very smoothly on our trips. We do get the use anytime FP a lot. But those seem to be a frequent pixie dust perk to a lot.

1. On our honeymoon, when we checked in at the Grand Floridian, we were upgraded from a standard garden view room to club level. Needless to say, our honeymoon spoiled us and we’ve only stayed deluxe since then, so I suppose it was their win. :)

2. We once booked Wilderness Lodge but Disney offered to move us to the Grand Floridian before our trip, at no extra cost. If I remember correctly, this was a two-week trip. WL happened to have rooms out of inventory due to construction (probably around the time of adding the Copper Creek rooms). This was something they needed to do, but the price difference between the two certainly made it feel like a pixie dust moment.

We’ve also had many stays where nothing out of the ordinary happened, of course.

2 years ago my friend and I were booked at one of the All Stars and when we got to our room on arrival day around 10pm we found trash all over the place and the beds were a mess. I called the front desk to report it and was told they had no more rooms available but if we were interested he could move us to a studio at Saratoga Springs. It was great since we were now right across from Disney Springs so we would head there for early lunches.

I had friends who had some personal items swiped at the pool at All Star Music, and the manager was real nice and went out of his way to give them fast passes and got them both free tickets to the Star Wars fireworks dessert party.

This is why I always stay on site, because they will go above and beyond even if you don’t ask for it.

A couple of years ago we had breakfast at Ohana. It was our kids’ first time meeting Lilo and Stitch. My DD(6)was obsessed with getting characters’ autographs at the time and Lilo and Stitch were her favorites at the time.

Right after we were seated my 3 year old had to go to the bathroom. So I took him and when we retuned to the table my DD was sobbing. Apparently, Lilo had already come to the table and I had taken the backpack with the autograph books to the restroom. Oops. Our waitress asked what was wrong and said she’d see what she could do. Then, Mickey Mouse himself came over to console DD and give her a hug. She was so shocked she stopped crying instantly!

The waitress ended up taking the kids to meet Lilo a little later in the meal. And then, to top it off, Mickey came back over and chose DD to lead the parade around the dining room with him. It was the most magical pixie dust a six year old could have asked for! She just couldn’t believe Mickey chose her. She can be quite dramatic and we joke that it was the one time her drama paid off, lol!

Maybe 25 years ago we(me, husband, 7 and 5 year old and my parents) drove to Florida from Buffalo. The drive was long and boring and annoying. By the time we got there everyone was annoyed, stressed and barely speaking to each other. As we’re walking to the entrance gates of Hollywood Studios someone comes up to us and hands us 4 free tickets to get in the park. Not only did it save us a bunch of money, it also broke the tension of the drive and stress we were all feeling. It probably saved our vacation. Also taught me to NEVER drive down there again.

A few years ago my family was chosen to open California Adventure. We got a private trolley ride with Chip n' Dale over to Tower to Terror, which we then got to ride first before the park opened. After our private ride we got to sign a special guest book and received our ride photo for free. It was something we'll never forget!

Love hearing these stories! Mine was checking into Beach Club on our Anniversary with our girls a few years ago. We had a standard room booked, though Oscar met us at the door with his iPad, welcomed us by name and said he was happy to see us and had a two bedroom suite with Club Level access all ready for us... We were so spoiled...My daughter celebrated her 14th birthday that year and it goes down as her best ever. There's nothing like Disney magic and we still remember that feeling. :love:

Maybe 25 years ago we(me, husband, 7 and 5 year old and my parents) drove to Florida from Buffalo. The drive was long and boring and annoying. By the time we got there everyone was annoyed, stressed and barely speaking to each other. As we’re walking to the entrance gates of Hollywood Studios someone comes up to us and hands us 4 free tickets to get in the park. Not only did it save us a bunch of money, it also broke the tension of the drive and stress we were all feeling. It probably saved our vacation. Also taught me to NEVER drive down there again.
That is amazing! My H prefers to drive on most vacations, which is usually fine with me. But Disney is one place I insist on flying. It’s just too long(and we’re Midwest so not as far as Buffalo). Then, when you do finally get there you’re constantly on the go.

We drove the the kids were 6 and 4. from Ohio...yes, tough trip..lol but as they gotten older...much better.

My adorable son got Frontierland “Sheriff of the Day” when he was all dressed up as a cowboy eating at Pecos Bill’s on his first trip at age 4. He took an oath and signed a declaration with dry erase marker and got a plastic badge. He’s embarrassed by this now (age 11) but at the time it was the best thing that ever happened to him. He was also an avid fan of the old school Pecos Bill movie and had a Pecos Bill Jr. book. ☺️

Back in 2012 we had to go during August because of other family issues so I scheduled the trip to occur during my daughters 12th birthday. We had breakfast at CRT on her birthday and it was just us two because everyone else was sleeping in. We were walking past the Fire House in Magic Kingdom and outside it was a woman and a fire engine. Well my main hobby at WDW is to take pictures ( I take thousands every trip) and I was not going to miss a chance take pictures with no one else around. We walked over the woman wish my daughter a happy birthday. She then insisted on taking us both on a ride with the fire engine close to CRT. Incredibly nice. Now we have been upgraded on hotel rooms several times but a nice accountant explained some of that to me. I had to call because they messed up my Disney Visa and did not charge me for several thousand dollars during the trip. Well the accountant fixed it and while talking she asked me why I always book standard rooms. Well I explained that I pay for 2 rooms for 2 weeks and its a bit costly. I heard a some key taps and she said well FQ always upgrades you to garden or river view I see and she told me it was just good business on their part. Then she offered to tell me how much money I have spent with WDW, I declined that offer because I know the total for 5 trips is scary.

Actually, i forgot about this one!! We were in line for HM The CM ask our kids to be honorary "CM's" they got to wear the HM costumes that the CM's wear and welcome guests into the HM. They just picked them out when we were in line. They welcomed and opened the HM doors from the outside a couple of times leading folks into the stretching room.

Actually, i forgot about this one!! We were in line for HM The CM ask our kids to be honorary "CM's" they got to wear the HM costumes that the CM's wear and welcome guests into the HM. They just picked them out when we were in line. They welcomed and opened the HM doors from the outside a couple of times leading folks into the stretching room.

They gave your kids a costume to wear?

Last year I had a Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic package reserved at DHS. We got a call from someone from guest services before our trip apologizing that they had to cancel our reservation because the private Star Wars Galactic Nights party was that night and there would be no Fantasmic. To make it up to us, they gave our family of 5 free tickets to Galactic Nights, reserved seating for Fantasmic on a different night, and added an extra park day so we could see Fantasmic another day. I couldn't believe my luck, I wasn't even that worried about the reservation!

Here is my DD. We also got unlimited FP to HM that day. Behind the scenes stuff like looked in the back entrance to ball room scene and stuff. It was very cool.. My son also...couldnt find that pic..the wife made a scrap book..probably in it.. There are some folks on here that doesn't buy the pixie dust occurrences. Sometimes...you have to ask for it..or..
random Pixie dust happens all the time...you just have to be ready for it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 109
  • 3060A64B-D3BE-4F50-8D4C-6FCEEDC35C76.jpeg
    3060A64B-D3BE-4F50-8D4C-6FCEEDC35C76.jpeg
    72.3 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter