Best Disney Pixie Dust You've Ever Received??

On our second trip, I lost my then 4 year old son in MK (that was not fun!)! We found him within 10 min or so, but the lovely cm who was helping me hunted us down during our dinner at CP and gave my son and daughter signed mickey and minnie postcards, stickers, and a huge stuffed mickey for my daughter and a stuffed mickey for my son. She also threw in 3 fp each and vouchers for ice cream. Completely unnecessary as Disney had done NOTHING wrong, but she said that mickey didn't want our magical time ruined.

On our third trip we were vacationing with our close friends. There were 8 of us, 4 adults and 4 kids, eating brunch at TH in AK. A cm approached me and asked if we'd all like to be in mickeys parade that afternoon! We ended up on mickeys float! That was one of my top Disney memories.

Booked std room at AKL this past May and was upgraded to "pool view" bunk bed room. However we could see a perfect straight on view of animals closer than most Savannah views!!

I love this thread! I have two examples that stand out (have had many experiences with great CM's who made my day!)....

1. On one trip, my wife and I had booked our arrival day to stay at AKL, standard view for one night. We aren't huge fans of AK or AKL, but we wanted to cross it off our list to say we've stayed there and to have dinner at Jiko as we had heard wonderful things about the place (they were right!). Our room was a little over the river and through the woods to get there, but imagine our surprise when we looked out the window to see two giraffes snacking on some leaves! Definitely went downstairs to the front desk to say thank you!

2. We had flown in to MCO late one night and didn't get to BWV until well past 2 AM (DME is a wonderful service...but not so much when it's late and you just want to get to the resort!). I had the first tee time on LBV golf course the next morning, so I arrived on the first tee working on about 2 1/2 hours of sleep. Since I was the first to arrive at the tee that morning, they allowed me to pick the pin location for the 18th green and presented me with a nice certificate commemorating the day. Halfway through the round, we ran into an outing that slowed us up immensely. I had plans to meet my wife and some friends later that morning, so I decided to leave after 9 holes. Ernie, the CM in the pro shop, saw me as I was about to leave and apologized profusely for the delay in play. I told him that it was OK, I wasn't that bothered and I just needed to move along so I could meet up with my group. He asked me to sit tight for two minutes and he went into the back office. When he returned he gave me 50% of my greens fee back since I only played 9 holes, offered 50% off anything in the pro shop, and actually had dinner for my wife and I at Yachtsman Steakhouse comped! I told him all of this wasn't necessary and I really wasn't upset, but he just smiled and said that there were many other golfers who were complaining about the poor planning and that I was the only golfer who had actually smiled and said thank you. Goes to show you how kindness and respect go a long way rather than having a sense of entitlement!

On our Thanksgiving trip last year, my younger DD totally charmed her FGMiT at BBB, and once her appointment was finished, they marched her over to PFTH for pictures with Cinderella and Rapunzel. We skipped through the line and went right in to meet the princess. Dd told them jokes and danced with them. The FGMiT also took pictures with us in front of the castle. It was so magical that I almost cried, and I am not the sentimental type. Of course, DD now thinks this happens every time at BBB.

On our Disneymoon in 2012, after riding Rockin' Roller Coaster, a CM spotted my DH lending me a hand to get off of the ride while saying "M'lady". (Swoon) After asking if we were on our honeymoon- we were wearing the bride/groom ears- the CM said "follow me." He took us down a hidden hallway that lead back to the front of the cue. He then ushered us to the next group of limos, and we got to ride the ride all over again! We still have the picture from that ride hanging up in our home and it will never come down!! AHH the Disney Magic!

I love all these stories! It's what makes Disney so great. I don't have a specific "wow" moment, but lots of little moments that make me such a Disney fan.

My 10 year old son, Calvin, is diagnosed with Down syndrome and is non-verbal. He has excellent receptive language but very poor expressive language. Obviously, this can be extremely frustrating for him. We've taken him four times and we'll be going back in October with him.

He LOVES princesses (he thinks all pretty girls are princesses), so he's had LOTS of great interactions with them. He always starts by bowing for them which they love. He's danced with Cinderella, played hide and seek with Rapunzel, and practiced ice powers with Elsa. He loves every minute of it.

On our second trip, he was SO excited when he met Donald at AK that he didn't want to leave. Calvin was in a stroller and started crying, so Donald held his hand as we walked down the pathway all the way to the exit.

Calvin also got chosen as the Hero of Fantasyland once and got to pull the sword from the stone. He thought it was so awesome when everyone was cheering for him.

I love taking him back there, because I know there's always going to be something great that happens.

We were there a couple of weeks ago.

When I first booked, we got a regular room at the Caribbean Beach for 5 nights. After we booked, they came out with the summer discounts, but I missed being able to get a discount on a regular room. However, I was able to upgrade our room choice to a preferred room, get the 25% discount, which made the trip actually a little cheaper - and we would be closer to the pool, food court, etc.

On our arrival day we got over to Caribbean Beach about 7:30 in the morning to check in before going off to the parks (stayed offsite the night before). I had done the online check-in, and was a little disappointed that I did not get the message telling me that I could go straight to the parks and they would text me when my room was ready. So I head into the Custom House and there is one other couple checking in, so I thought I'd be in and out of there in no time and make it to the park early. I go up to the desk and the CM, who was extremely nice, looked up my reservation confirmed that I had booked a preferred room for 5 people for 5 nights. She then tells me "I'm going to have to call to the back, I'll just be a minute." She was on hold for about 5 minutes (giving me updates about what music was playing at the time), before telling the person on the other end of the phone "Ok, I'll let him know." She then looks at me and says "We have apparently overbooked preferred rooms, so we are upgrading your family to the Grand Floridian for the week."

Well, gee, I guess if you don't have any preferred rooms here we can make that work....

Definitely a nice way to start off the trip!

Our biggest pixie dust was at CSR for our one year anniversary. We were upgraded from a standard king room to a king junior suite and given a voucher for two free drinks. On our first trip to Disney World, we were greeted by a cm right off of the bus holding an iPad with our last name, welcoming us to POR and handing us buttons. It made my girls feel special since no one else was being greeted. Then, one night my 7 year old was waiting with me while I fed my 9 month old (my older daughters were on a ride with my husband). A cm saw her birthday button and asked her which ride she wanted to go on next and when she told her, she took us to the fast pass line for Peter Pan's flight. I think it had a 90 minute wait. The little things that make your child feel special are the best.

this is great to read! Helps me remember there are big pixie dusts and little :)

We've had some great small interaction pixie dusts, but the best were:

2013 in Disneyland my son lost a tooth outside the candy store (sticky candy will do it!). A CM went and found a button that she wrote "lost a tooth today" on it and helped us clean up

2012 at Disneyworld a Photopass photographer told my daughter her shoe was untied. I said it was fine (they always were). She knelt down and tied it for her.

2015 Disneyland a friend and I got a "buddy pass" to ride Monsters through a secret line in the exit :)

The most memorable though didn't come from Disney CM, but from another guest. 2010 at Disneyworld walking to see Lion King a family gave us their front row pass that they couldn't use. It was wonderful. Front of the stage, my kids (3 & 5 at the time) got to be in the show 3 times - helping teach the hand jive, roaring with Cast Members at beginninf of the show and in the parade at the end :) LOVED it!

Seeing all this magic and pixie dust to everyone makes me so happy to read.

My mom and I booked a girls trip May of 2015 with a Standard room at Pop Century. We typically always stay at POR but felt that we could save money by staying at Pop since we wouldn't be in our room all that much. Upon arrival we got to Pop and were trying to make the best of it but we hated it. We decided to go to Disney Springs on our arrival day since we did not have park tickets. We later took the boat to POR to get a milk shake and sit by the water. We went inside the lobby and asked the sweet lady how much it would be to upgrade and get a room at POR since we were not happy. She told us it would be $500. After much debate in the lobby we decided it was too much money. A moment later the woman says hang on one minute. She called her manager and she came out to talk to us. The manager stated, "How quick can you pack your bags? Your room is ready for you back home here at POR. I've called your cab and they will pick you up outside shortly". We were so excited and thankful that we cried and hugged her neck in the lobby. It's the little things that make Disney so magical. Forever thankful to Sue and Pam at POR :love1:

I don't know if this counts because technically Disney did mess up but they went above and beyond to make up for it. Last year we had two rooms booked at Coranado for my mom and sister and then one for my family. My sister is in a wheelchair and we requested a roll in shower but we were not given an accessible room. The manager at csr worked tirelessly to find us adjoining rooms and ended up upgrading us both to suites at the Grand Floridian. It was amazing, and made our trip so very special. This was at the start of our trip so we had 8 glorious nights at the Grand.

With all the terrible things going on in our world, I love reading these stories!

Most magical thing to happen was last September for my husband's and my "babymoon." We've never stayed at the Grand Floridian before and we've always wanted to stay there. I booked a lagoon view room and I checked the days and weeks before the availability of the hotel - totally sold out. Our dates were during some huge convention and on top of that the media was invited to MNSSHP. Pretty much every Deluxe hotel was booked. We went there thinking we'd have 0 chance of any pixie dust upgrades.

We got to the front desk of the GF and started talking with the CM there as he was doing the College Program and I did, too. We just chatted for a good 10-15 minutes and then I asked the "complimentary upgrade" question and he just smiled and said that the hotel was at 100% capacity and his hands were tied. He said with a huge smile that our room was in Boca Chica, 8523 and that it was a really special room and we'd be really happy with the location.

We got to the room, opened the curtains and stepped out on the balcony.

Full unobstructed view of Magic Kingdom, BLT, Contemporary, Poly - it was incredible. No joke, it had to be one of the best MK view rooms on property. I was 5 months pregnant at the time and just stood out on that balcony and cried like a baby! We didn't even go into MK to watch the fireworks, the view was better from the balcony - and we even got to see the MNSSHP fireworks from our balcony! I have so many videos on my phone of us on the balcony just listening to the music from MK, the train, the boats... So magical!

We swore up and down that staying at the GF was a once and done event and honestly, how could another stay at the GF top that? I highly doubt we'd ever get that huge upgrade again.

Even though we (I) couldn't ride all the rides it was our favorite trip to Disney World EVER.

My husband and I went for our honeymoon 2 years late in 2013. We were staying at All Star Sports and had requested a room with a king bed. When we got there it was 2 doubles which is definitely not comfortable for 2 people. We called at 1 am when we got back to the room from Magic Kingdom and had requested a call back in the morning to see if we could possibly get into a king room. They had nothing at any resort except Wilderness Lodge so they sent us there which was amazing. When we switched resorts some of our meals had gotten messed up and it took several hours to fix it so they gave us a fast pass to BOG lunch. They went way above and beyond for us.

a few years ago we drove down, stayed at a DTD hotel the night before our tickets started. wife and daughter had reservation at CRT for 8:00 am the next morning. we got up about then walked out and noticed had a (almost) completely flat tire. of course no one there had pump, no one there to help since so early etc . by time done checking on options there no time to change tire, get to Riverside, get checked in, get tickets, get on bus, and get to MK on time for breakfast. I knew there was gas station just a little down road, took chance and drove there, put air in it and made it to Riverside. explained situation to CM and of course he went as fast as could but still took a little while to check in, get tickets etc. so now pressed for time. wife is going to take daughter, go strait to MK while I kept boys, parked car and got other stuff settled. so after all that stuff, my daughter (about 6) had just gotten new doll. she normally carried it everywhere but did NOT want to carry him that day. would not leave it in car either. well, wife stressed now, about to miss bus and miss time at CRT so gets idea to ask baggage to "baby sit for us" wife quickly explains situation and Janene in baggage uickly gets doll and tells our daughter she will take good care of her. daughter & wife happy so now they run to bus, me and boys move car and catch up with them later at MK.
later that day get text saying room ready so go back to Riverside to get settled. Daughter of course wants to get doll right away. at baggage Janene says they all had great time with Ryder(doll) and then (you are not going to believe this) they roll out the doll in a brand new princess stroller, with a 1st time visitor pin on him, with his new piglet plush doll and then hand us the autograph book where the staff (and i mean a bunch of them) had taken the doll on a tour of the entire resort, where they had taken pictures of the doll all over the resort and had gotten character autographs for the doll.
my daughter is so excited, my wife has tears rolling down her cheeks and I am floored by all of this. they just wanted my daughter to know what a great time the doll had.
that is why I still continue to go WDW. no where else does this kind of stuff happen. I still get chills thinking about it.
mikewdw

We stayed at POFQ last month for my cousin's college graduation. We arrived late (9:30 pm) on the ME. I had an Amazon pantry package delivered with some breakfast items and food items for my type 1 diabetic cousin to take to the parks with her in case her sugar dropped. When we got there, the package was no where to be found. The CM at the front desk finally called to Riverside and they located it. They were sweet and delivered it to us at 11:30 that night since it had essentials in it.

The actual pixie dust was in our room. There was a chocolate picture frame with congratulations written on it along with a hand written note from the resort manager welcoming us back home (I had stayed there in December as well). It was such a nice touch!

We've had lots of little moments, as we've typically visited to celebrate our anniversary and wear the buttons. But this one is my favorite because it makes me laugh.
Early 2016. I was visiting MK solo for the day, with lunch at BOG. I check in and the CM mentions how sad it is I have to dine alone. Okay... When my sandwich arrived, that CM also gives me a cupcake because she felt sorry that I was dining alone. lol It was a little bit of pixie dust, but I like to call it my "pity cake"! LOL

Another moment happened to us on our last trip at the end of May. My wife and I went to Animal Kingdom Lodge to go to their store. Just as we walked in, a cast member asked us if we had seen his "general manager" outside. We said no. He continued to tell us that he was outside and giving everyone his business card and making sure that if they had any concerns to tell him about it. We said, ok, but again did not see anyone outside. The cast member continued again and said,"well I have some of his cards and I would like to give you one each". Of course we were like, what is going on? He had a real concerning look on his face. We couldn't figure out why we need a business card of anyone's..... So he goes into his pocket to give us the cards and it ended up being the Mickey stickers that many cast members hand out to the kids. My wife and I couldn't stop laughing for about 5 minutes. The cast member was really cool and made our afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter