Best Disney Pixie Dust You've Ever Received??

Best pixie dust interaction from a character actually came from Tinkerbell! When my youngest daughter was four she wore her Tinkerbell costume to Magic Kingdom. Of course, we visited Pixie Hollow and met Tink and her friends. They were so cute talking to her and making a fuss over her. Later that night when we were watching the parade, Tinkerbell looked down from her float and said "There is my favorite pixie friend," and called her by name! My daughter was thrilled she remembered her. I was too! I literally got teary-eyed! :tink:

Best pixie dust at a resort: We were staying 10 days at All-Star Music. When we checked in, I think we were put in the most remote room in all of Disney! It was in the Country section and it faced a nature preserve. At the time the kids were 1, 7, and 10. After the first 2 nights in that room, I was just so tired of dragging the kids to and from the buses and food court and the week still loomed before me. I went to guest services and asked how much it would cost if we upgraded to a preferred room. The CM said she didn't have anything available that night, but if I waited one more night she would have a family suite available. When I asked what the price difference would be, she said there would be no price difference! It was such a nice surprise! It was great to be closer to everything and have more room to spread out in the hotel room!

Best pixie dust at a restaurant: Two times stand out...Once on my husband's birthday we were eating lunch at Columbia Harbour House. When the CMs saw his birthday pin, they all busted out in a loud rendition of "Happy Birthday." The second time was when we were eating at Boatwright's. It was our 20th anniversary and when they saw our anniversary pins, they brought us complimentary glasses of champagne!

Last edited:
We had two lovely pixie dust moments on our 2017 trip:

1. We watched Rivers of Light and were on the end of the row. We'd been chatting a bit with the CM near us pre-show, and as the show ended she asked us to come with her. I thought she was just going to help us get out of the auditorium before the crowds (as my dad uses a prosthetic leg), but she asked us if we wanted to go on Expedition Everest! She took us over to the ride where we got to walk on and choose if we wanted to sit in the front or the back!

2. My dad had mentioned how he needed to find a replacement pin back for some heavy duty Disney pin of his. My brother and I had been in a Polynesian gift shop one night and saw some replacement backs for sale, so we told him they were definitely available. The next day we were in the Magic Kingdom and went to the pin trading shop in Fronteirland, where we found the pin backs. Dad was chatting to the CMs about why he was buying a replacement pin back, and they gave him the pack for free!

We have so many! Here are a few...

On a trip to Disneyland, my husband and son wanted to ride the Matterhorn a second time. One time made me motion sick, so I told them I was going to walk around the castle and to meet me over there. I was walking by Snow White’s grotto outside of the castle when I looked up and there she was!!! Walking toward me with her handler. I was dumbstruck and stood there with my mouth open like a child (Snow White has always been my favorite princess). She walked up to me, smiled, said “I love your curls,” and kept on going. I could have kicked myself later for not asking for a picture. Lol

Another special moment happened in DHS. Our son was about 8 or 9. He was signed up for the last Jedi Training of the day. Just when we arrived at the check in, the sky opened up and lightning filled the sky. We were told they’d have to cancel, but would we mind waiting as they had a special surprise. Two cast members then took us and the other families who waited through a back entrance of Star Tours to a curtained off area. We were allowed to enter one family at a time for a special photo op with Darth Vader and two Storm Troopers. I can still see my husband and son’s jaws on the floor.

We were in the MK and had just come out of Le Chapeau. There is an old fashioned phone on the wall in the back and in the past, if you lifted the receiver, you could hear a party line conversation. Well, we tried and there was no conversation that time. A manager was walking by and we struck up a conversation with him about the phone. He told us he hated to see anyone disappointed, and he had some friends for us to meet. He took us into the princess meet and greet through a back entrance and I made my husband and son take pics with me and all the princesses. Except, of course, Snow White, who wasn’t there. Lol

Maybe the most magical...standing in front of the firehouse on Main Street in DL and looking up at Walt’s light in the window. Gave me chills every time.

So much pixie dust! I really feel so lucky.

• First trip to WDW with 7 year old son: upgrade at GF from standard room to Sugarloaf
  • Second trip to WDW with 8 year old son: upgrade at GF from garden room to TPV
  • First trip to AKL: upgrade from standard view to savannah view
  • Dinner at Citrico’s: Missed bus back to WL where we were staying. GF staff drove us back to WL!
  • Trip to GF when it was under construction: I emailed the GM in advance to request a room far away from the construction because our son has autism and is sensitive to noise. He put us in a parlor room far from the construction and sent roses, champagne and a cake for our anniversary.
  • DH’s 50th birthday stay at AKL CL: cake in our room and a souvenir gift
  • Best Theme Park pixie dust was this summer. DH and the Dapper Dans sang “Let Me Call You Sweetheart” to me for our 31st anniversary.

Last edited:
My fave pixie dust moments are from 2001 and 2002. On those visits my toddler daughter got to ride Dumbo with Mickey, got to be chef of the day at Crystal Palace, was picked to open Fantasyland and was picked to open Toontown where she got a private meet and greet with Mickey.
In 2013 my daughter and I used our DVC points for 16 nights, but we stayed at Pop for our arrival night. That specific night at Pop was chosen for a fastpass+ trial, so we got to try it out before it was widely used and we loved it, so we were allowed to use it for our entire stash. We got on every ride whenever we wanted.

We booked a 3night stay in a 1 bedroom villa at BCV back in 2009. 2adults 2 children. Upon check in the cast member says 'hold on a minute while I check something". Comes back and says "how would you feel if we gave you 2 connecting rooms, club level at the BC instead?" Ok uh yeah that's cool as we didn't plan on cooking in the villa just really wanted the extra space. He's say "great, and since you are giving up the villa, we will provide you with the dining plan for the 3nights and 4 day park hoppers as well". Wait what? The 2 club level rooms were more than enough to compensate but to go above and beyond that was unbelievable. Not sure if it was due to BVC being oversold or what but we chalk it up to major pixie dust :)

I got upgraded from a standard to a Royal room at POR once.

It was just me and my then middle school aged brother on the trip. The CM excitedly still presented us with the letter from Princess Tiana.

Although we really weren’t the target demographic for the Royal rooms we still enjoyed it quite a bit. Anytime we see Tiana we still joke about her hooking us up with such a sweet room.

I don't know if this is "pixie dust" or management trying to rectify a stay that was sadly having constant issues for the first two days of an eight day stay at AKL CL - October 2010. I have been going to WDW since August, 1972, on-and-off and this was the first and only time I told management on day two if everything was not taken care I was checking out and going home - I was that disappointed in WDW and was simply frustrated and fed up to deal with one issue after another. I certainly understand things happen and things can go wrong beyond our control, but all issues were in WDWs control and a mess it was. I dealt with three management cast members during my eight day stay, but one CM was the individual who was like a fairy godmother and brought back all the magic and the belief I have in WDW for caring about their guests. The issues are way too numerous to list, but I will mention the "pixie dust" and heartfelt generosity management CMs provided us with. Also, all I ever asked for was the issues to be taken care of and in a timely manner. Again, an issue in itself. The party was myself and my 74 y.o. Mom who enjoyed WDW trips.

• Two AKL CL deluxe rooms, Savanna view, for the price of the one room I had reserved.
  • AKL Director of Housekeeping and her team of two others giving one of the rooms (my mom's) a total top to bottom scrubbing and cleaning. The three of them spent over two hours bringing the room up to WDW standards. The Director never failed to stop by each day thereafter and check with my mom to see if everything was satisfactory and chat with her for a few minutes. She was so nice and so apologetic for the condition we walked into.
  • Dinner and the room service charge for my mom taken off the bill.
  • Lunch for two at any restaurant on property to be taken care of by AKL. We had Dining with an Imagineer reservation that day and I declined the lunch and told staff don't worry about lunch.
  • The Fairy Godmother somehow went up the chain of command and was able to arrange a daytime private tour of the Animal Kingdom savanna area. This tour was conducted by the Curator of Animal Kingdom. He is responsible for all the animals at Animal Kingdom, so the most knowledgable guide we could have. He arranged to have an open top high sitting truck with lift so my mom would not even have to get out of her electric scooter. He had two drivers to drive us all around the savanna. He had brought snacks and drinks for my mom and I to enjoy as well as food for us to feed the animals we encountered. We were gone on the "safari" for approximately 1.5 hours. Picked us up and dropped us off in front of the AKL. He met us in the library at AKL and gave us an overview of what he had planned for us. The Curator was so nice, pleasant, answered all questions we had about the animals, and represented WDW in a most professional manner, but also very down to earth. He and WDW truly left us with memories and an experience that will never be forgotten. I still am so forever grateful for all who made this happen nine years ago.
  • The night prior to the "safari" there were two large plates of trail mix left in both rooms with a personalized note regarding the next day trip. Along with the trail mix was wrapped up the gold beaded Lion and Giraffe that the AKL gift shop sells/sold. Again, note accompanied gift. These two beautiful beaded animals still sit on the dining room table where they were placed upon returning home. They do get dusted. LOL!
  • Upon check-out I was very surprised when WDW arbitrarily took off of the bill $300.00. I had always heard that WDW does not make a practice of taking compensation off the bill or refunding money in any amount.
  • Finally, the first night room accommodations - was not charged for.
Again, my mom and I are forever grateful for what WDW, the management at AKL and all concerned did for us in turning the most unpleasant and negative situation into a most memorable and enchanted stay. I will also say that the CMs in the club lounge had nothing to do with any of this as there were issues with club CMs. All dialogue was in person at the front desk, from CM front desk, CM Front Desk Supervisor and three management personnel. Only one conversation was on the phone and that was because I was at the park. Subsequent visits to WDW after this trip I have always made an effort to locate the CM in management who provided all the "pixie dust" to my mom and I. She has moved around the WDW property but I have always been able to locate her and stop by and say hello. I will say I have met many wonderful CMs during my visits to WDW and have grown to know them and always make the effort to locate them to let them know I still think of them and to just say "hi".

Mom, sister, nephew and I went to WDW September 2011, 11 months later and stayed at the GF CL Sugar Loaf Lodge with two connecting rooms. I did have some surprising "pixie dust" thrown my way for this stay as the connecting rooms I was given could not have been more perfect. I did realize when I was shown too these two rooms there was a CM at GF who had made these accommodations possible. The whole family did offer her our heartfelt thanks when we saw her and she just smiled never admitting it but no one else could have made it happen. I have never put in a room request. I know this is lengthy but in closing as much as I appreciated, loved, thankful for and the gratitude I have for all done at AKL in October 2010, I would have rather not had any of it and just had a stress free, fun filled enjoyable time like I have been having since 1972. However, WDW brought that magic back around, and subsequently many more visits to the "Happiest Place on Earth" have taken place.

Last edited:
We haven't had too much.
At Aulani on check in we were upgraded to an Ocean View Room which was nice (it was a partial view not full) and while waiting for Festival of the Lion King we were chosen to sit on the special benches at the very front on the floor and lastly while on a Disney Cruise I got into a conversation with the Ships Captain at a pin trading night and the next day he had sent a lanyard FULL of pins that I was looking for to my room.

I got upgraded from a standard to a Royal room at POR once.

It was just me and my then middle school aged brother on the trip. The CM excitedly still presented us with the letter from Princess Tiana.

Although we really weren’t the target demographic for the Royal rooms we still enjoyed it quite a bit. Anytime we see Tiana we still joke about her hooking us up with such a sweet room.
That must have been exciting..

- My 2 year old DD got to walk hand in hand with Daisy Duck through a good portion of the park. (Daisy was taking a break after a character meet and greet in Dinoland.)
- We came back to our stroller parked by the Carousel in MK and a kind cast member had put a poncho on it to protect it from the rain!

We didn’t have any pins or tell any CMs of any special events so these were completely random moments.

We've had so many! My favorite was when we visited for our 10th anniversary. We were staying at Pop and sitting there having breakfast with our kids when a CM joined us at the table. He pulled out two Mickey ears - one bride and groom, put them on our heads and did a mini mock wedding ceremony with a few of the CM's in the area. It was so cute and wonderful!!!

For my first Club Level stay ever I was upgraded to the Victorian Suite at the Grand Floridian. I'm not sure why we were pixie dusted, it's possible since it was just for a single night. They didn't even tell us, I discovered while waiting for our room to be ready that the name had changed. I didn't even know what this suite was and had to Google it. It was probably the nicest hotel room I'll ever stay at ever. Really set the bar high for a club level stay.

I absolutely love the Disney CMs, they're rarely anything less than wonderful, but have encountered a few standouts!

• My first trip as an adult, my family, boyfriend and I all went for Christmas week, 2016. I was with my boyfriend and two of my sisters in MK; we had just finished riding Space Mountain and were in the gift shop, looking around. My youngest sister (I believe she was about 18 at the time) was over at their photo area, gushing over our ride photo (unintentionally, we all had ridiculous expressions). The CM working the area asked her if she was interested in purchasing, and my sister got kind of shy/quiet and politely declined, saying she didn't have the money for it. A completely different CM overheard and approached my sister. "Honey, did you want a printout of your ride photo?" My sister got visibly embarrassed and again politely declines, but the CM insists "If you want it, don't worry about it - I just got off the phone with Mickey and he wants you to have it!" My boyfriend and I overhear this and, without interrupting, come closer to watch as the CM gifted my sister multiple printouts of various sizes, free of charge. My sister was in tears and gushed about it the entire rest of the trip.
  • Oct 2017, my boyfriend and I were back in WDW for my birthday. I wore the button and was floored by the CM attention - "happy birthday!" wishes left and right, and at nearly every single table service meal, I received some manner of card or dessert. It really made the event magical and special, but the one that really stands out was, it was morning, POURING, and we were just getting off the bus for Epcot. We hurried under an overhang so that I could grab our ponchos from the backpack, but I couldn't find them. I'm digging around, growing more and more frantic, when a CM approaches and without asking if we had our own (he must have noticed/overheard) hands me two Mickey ponchos and wishes me a happy birthday. I had to hug him, I was so relieved and thankful.
  • My boyfriend proposed to me just this last January, in Epcot. As a sort of "engagement/wedding" gift to ourselves, we purchased DVC, Copper Creek home resort. We decided that we, of course, wanted to honeymoon in WDW, using our new DVC points. Yesterday, we decided on a wedding date, and so I went online to look into booking our honeymoon stay (late March 2020). Unfortunately, save for a scattered day here and there, everything for CC was booked online. I was a bit disheartened/panicked, so my boyfriend tells me to call and see if they can help us with waitlisting or doing some sort of split stay. So I call, tell the CM that I'm trying to use our DVC points to book our honeymoon stay, etcetc. Almost immediately, she puts me on hold and I wait maybe ten to fifteen minutes. When she comes back, she tells me not to worry about a thing and that they can book us at CC for the whole eight nights, using our points. I've nearly been in tears ever since, I'm so thrilled - it's magic like that that keeps us coming back.

I absolutely love the Disney CMs, they're rarely anything less than wonderful, but have encountered a few standouts!

• My first trip as an adult, my family, boyfriend and I all went for Christmas week, 2016. I was with my boyfriend and two of my sisters in MK; we had just finished riding Space Mountain and were in the gift shop, looking around. My youngest sister (I believe she was about 18 at the time) was over at their photo area, gushing over our ride photo (unintentionally, we all had ridiculous expressions). The CM working the area asked her if she was interested in purchasing, and my sister got kind of shy/quiet and politely declined, saying she didn't have the money for it. A completely different CM overheard and approached my sister. "Honey, did you want a printout of your ride photo?" My sister got visibly embarrassed and again politely declines, but the CM insists "If you want it, don't worry about it - I just got off the phone with Mickey and he wants you to have it!" My boyfriend and I overhear this and, without interrupting, come closer to watch as the CM gifted my sister multiple printouts of various sizes, free of charge. My sister was in tears and gushed about it the entire rest of the trip.
  • Oct 2017, my boyfriend and I were back in WDW for my birthday. I wore the button and was floored by the CM attention - "happy birthday!" wishes left and right, and at nearly every single table service meal, I received some manner of card or dessert. It really made the event magical and special, but the one that really stands out was, it was morning, POURING, and we were just getting off the bus for Epcot. We hurried under an overhang so that I could grab our ponchos from the backpack, but I couldn't find them. I'm digging around, growing more and more frantic, when a CM approaches and without asking if we had our own (he must have noticed/overheard) hands me two Mickey ponchos and wishes me a happy birthday. I had to hug him, I was so relieved and thankful.
  • My boyfriend proposed to me just this last January, in Epcot. As a sort of "engagement/wedding" gift to ourselves, we purchased DVC, Copper Creek home resort. We decided that we, of course, wanted to honeymoon in WDW, using our new DVC points. Yesterday, we decided on a wedding date, and so I went online to look into booking our honeymoon stay (late March 2020). Unfortunately, save for a scattered day here and there, everything for CC was booked online. I was a bit disheartened/panicked, so my boyfriend tells me to call and see if they can help us with waitlisting or doing some sort of split stay. So I call, tell the CM that I'm trying to use our DVC points to book our honeymoon stay, etcetc. Almost immediately, she puts me on hold and I wait maybe ten to fifteen minutes. When she comes back, she tells me not to worry about a thing and that they can book us at CC for the whole eight nights, using our points. I've nearly been in tears ever since, I'm so thrilled - it's magic like that that keeps us coming back.
It sounds like you and your fiancé have found your special place. This thread is full of great stories, but I think yours will always stick out for me. Congratulations and have a great wedding and honeymoon!:love:

Our honeymoon 2003. We wore bride a groom ears the whole trip and received lots of congrats and a few other sweet surprises.

Then came a surprise that disneyfans dream about. We were in HS and we were standing near a wait time board, trying to see if TOT was operational. ( it was closed earlier for maintenance.) a lovely CM walked over to congratulate us. We got used to answering questions about our trip, where we got married, etc. then she asked a question that totally shocked us both.

Do you want to be grand marshals in today’s parade?

What? Uh.. YES!

We were told to come back at a certain time to guest relations/customer service and show them our grand Marshall business card/instruction card. The CM asked us what our plans were and I told her I wanted to see beauty and the beast, but the show was going to start in like 10 minutes. She rushed us over and we got front row. The show started just after we sat down. The theater was FULL. (Lots of stares)

What happened during the next part of the day was so totally amazing! A magical once in a lifetime experience that has forever etched a place in my heart. The cast member took our camera and got lots of photos of us during the experience. One picture is in my signature. There is so much to say about to say about it, but it is 2 am...

After our experience we got rolls of paper fast passes and gave them out while waiting for rides. We were recognized as being “those parade people” and asked if we were famous.

On our last trip, we had a single Contemporary Garden Wing night that was a *great* price. We try to do one CR night because we can walk over and avoid my wife's motion sickness issues. We wound up with a theme park view, so she didn't even have to leave the room for fireworks that night.

(and I still got to enjoy some evening EMH by myself.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter