Best Disney Pixie Dust You've Ever Received??

I know..lol i thought "did we did something wrong?" The CM was like...hey i need you all to come with me! I was thinking...Did I miss something last confession? lol

It's not pixie dust if you ask for it, right? So requesting a free room upgrade, or (like I did) telling every single DL CM who came near where I was waiting that I wanted to be first into the park on my and its shared birthday isn't pixie dust - correct?

Okay, then, that same night, waiting for the fireworks, the two nearby CMs led the entire crowd in a rousing round of Happy Birthday. Still no? Interacting with an area manager who'd previously been a Plaid and ending up on a pixie-dusted Keys to the Kingdom tour.

And not pixie dust per se, but two coincidentslly solo* safari rides, and one private tour because nobody else showed up.

*okay, one was shared with the DIS couple I was spending the day with, but it was just the three of us.

Boardwalk standard room booked; when I got there didn't understand room number assigned via text and couldn't find on map; went to concierge for help and they walked me up to Club level to meet staff there; turns out they had upgraded me to one of the 2-story garden suites! Pretty amazing since I was on my own that week.

1st: Missed last boat to FW from CR (1995), asked CM cleaning pontoon to confirm. He offered to take us back to FW on the pontoon. We had a private ride back with offers of champagne to my parents and sodas for my sister and I. He took a slow pace back for us to enjoy the ride.

2nd: Booked 1 standard 2Q HA roll in shower room at AKL. Room was unavailable and we were upgrading to 2 connecting club level savanna view rooms. A CM meet us at the car when we arrived and took us straight to the lounge to check in. I was so tired from the 16 hour drive, I was in a bit of a daze.

I've noticed throughout this thread that some people received pixie dust because they were celebrating a birthday or other special event. How do you indicate on your reservation that you are celebrating something? We will be celebrating our wedding anniversary and our kids' birthdays, but the trip is in the middle of these events, so we won't be there on the actual days. (We will be there 8/17-8/25, and the anniversary/birthday dates are 8/8 and 9/7.) I've never received pixie dust but would love to!

I've noticed throughout this thread that some people received pixie dust because they were celebrating a birthday or other special event. How do you indicate on your reservation that you are celebrating something? We will be celebrating our wedding anniversary and our kids' birthdays, but the trip is in the middle of these events, so we won't be there on the actual days. (We will be there 8/17-8/25, and the anniversary/birthday dates are 8/8 and 9/7.) I've never received pixie dust but would love to!
Tell them. My wife told them about my Military deployments and such or kids birthdays...etc. It always helps. Sure, sometimes it happens unexpected..as in my earlier post. But other times..you CAN create it.

We were celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary and instead of staying in VGF studio which I had booked, we were given a two bedroom lake view. They sent us up this cake and Narccoossee’s also made the dinner memorable with free drink and more desserts. I have kept the hotel bill, it indicates the free upgrade to a two bedroom.

DC35A542-994E-4D54-997F-899DCE78F592.jpeg D74CDC8B-FCC6-4773-B4DF-D8F5037B0624.jpeg 9ABB0AE5-9D5A-4731-BF1C-67C089CA5440.jpeg
3D3E2264-D154-4EE4-A5DF-CDAEE7541ADD.jpeg

Last July we had planned a split stay for Yacht Club and Animal Kingdom Lodge. We arrived at the Yacht Club little early in the day so we had not received a "your room is ready" text so I told my wife we should check in at the front desk. When the CM asked us our check in info, she replied with "so it looks like you reserved a standard Club Level room". Our reservation was for a standard room so for some reason I thought she was joking around with me. Smiling, I replied with "ha, yea, if your including it for free". She smiled back and asked if we had stayed at Club Level before. It was at that point I realized she wasn't joking and gave her a puzzled look. "I will show you how to get there" she said as she worked her way from around the counter. We were there celebrating my son's birthday and our wedding anniversary so the whole time my wife thought I had gone above and beyond to book something special for all of us (as if Yacht Club isn't already something special). So for the next 4 nights we enjoyed the Club Level experience. Absolutely appreciative of the whole thing.

Funny thing is my son still asks for "Club Level carrots" for snack time. We used to buy the baby carrots, but now we have to buy regular carrots and cut them like the Club Level snacks. We both like it because it reminds us of that trip every time he asks.

No big pixie dust moments but sometimes the little ones are just as good.
My two favourite are when DD lost her ‘My Disney Girl’ doll’s bags just before wishes when she was 5. We were sure she would never see it again but on our way out of the park called into guest relations and another park guest had handed it in. For that 5 year old it was like a dream come true.
The other was when she couldn’t have the breakfast of her choice at Kouzzina due to an allergy. Not only did the chef make her an amazing alternative but he also gifted her his CM Christmas tree decoration for repeatedly thanking him rather than kicking up a fuss.
Moments we will always treasure.

No big pixie dust moments but sometimes the little ones are just as good.
My two favourite are when DD lost her ‘My Disney Girl’ doll’s bags just before wishes when she was 5. We were sure she would never see it again but on our way out of the park called into guest relations and another park guest had handed it in. For that 5 year old it was like a dream come true.
The other was when she couldn’t have the breakfast of her choice at Kouzzina due to an allergy. Not only did the chef make her an amazing alternative but he also gifted her his CM Christmas tree decoration for repeatedly thanking him rather than kicking up a fuss.
Moments we will always treasure.

Reading about all this pixie dust reminds me why I love Disney so much. I’ve seriously been considering spending our time & money elsewhere, but y’all have sucked me right back in!
Our best fairy dust upgrade was when we were upgraded to the Wilderness Lodge vice presidential suite for one night. That was heaven! And beyond my wildest dreams!
But it really is the small moments that elevate Disney above others. We’ve been given a private car ride over to Magic Kingdom, had a few room upgrades besides the Wilderness one & had CMs pay special attention to the children in our party when we least expect it.
On our most recent trip in March, we had several glitches happen almost daily. We never complained about our troubles, but were seeking solutions. And almost every CM we talked to would give us anytime fastpasses! It was crazy! I almost began to feel guilty! And the glitches were mostly minor things and we certainly didn’t expect to “get” anything; every time something happened, they’d throw us another FastPass or three! But ironically, when we had a major issue with something that was totally Disney’s fault , we were very begrudgingly given only two fastpasses when they really should have given us a refund !

I took a solo-parent trip with my boys (8 and 10) last November. We arrived at MCO late due to weather (pilot flew us down to Ft. Lauderdale to avoid a storm in Orlando and then looped back up). We couldn't use the DME tags for luggage because I didn't want to pay extra for checked bags, so we were schlepping our suitcases through MCO towards DME.

A nice CM came up to us, and said, "you've been selected for a magical moment." Instead of taking DME, a Minnie Van would take us directly to Pop for free! She filled in vouchers for the driver, and away we went.

Apparently, if someone takes a Minnie Van to MCO and no one has booked airport pick up in a similar time frame, the MV drivers will stop in the terminal pick up random guests. I suppose since they have to drive back anyway, it's not much more difficult to do it with guests than an empty vehicle, but it sure did make for some great Pixie Dust to start our trip!

We were upgraded to a Savannah View room at AKL for our honeymoon. It was lovely and now I want to purchase DVC at AKL.

So we had an early Akershus breakfast res, we had tried to ride Frozen for the first time after it had opened a few days prior but it went down. They did give us a FP for any attraction for the inconvenience.

Anyway after breakfast we had gone out and was roaming around the store across from Frozen we were getting ready to head out as the store was empty and I was worried we shouldn’t even be in the store and the line for Frozen was starting to form, as we started to leave the store a lady came from who knows where and said with excitement “Oh your my family”!

I said I’m sorry we are leaving we didn’t know if we were allowed here or not, she smiled and said you can stay as long as you’d like as long as you’ll be my family......ok?!?

So you have to help me open up Frozen!

So we had a whole opening ceremony where we would bang on the doors and yell some things out and then we got to board the boat and ride all by ourselves on our very first time!!!!!!!!!!

We received a typical VIP welcome going in!!!!!!!!!!!

They did not let any other guests come and board until we had gone through and made a full exit at the end all of the CM’s from that area were waiting to greet us and we got pictures and a certificate for being family of the day.

Absolutely wonderful way to start a day at Disney...:thumbsup2

This is one of the pics taken after our ride!

D17CEEF9-6908-49B9-ABB2-E3EB51DD5399.jpeg

Our last trip to Disney was during the height of my youngest daughter's Tangled obsession (2012, I think). She was 8 years old and wanted nothing from the trip more than to meet Rapunzel. I decided to surprise her (and her older sister) by getting tickets to the Halloween party, where both Rapunzel AND Flynn were scheduled to do meet and greets. She was SO excited and was dressed for the event (full Disney store wedding dress, but a tiara I made because she said the DS tiara didn't look like Rapunzel's). We got the party and immediately went to the princess meet and greet. We waited forever, met several princesses, but Rapunzel and Flynn didn't show up. She was devastated and I was furious. We tried to enjoy the party, but she was just too sad. Her older sister insisted we go see Merida, so reluctantly we headed over to the Brave area. One of the darling CMs noticed the sad 8 year old and asked what was wrong. Through tears, my daughter explained that she didn't get to meet Rapunzel and Flynn. The CM was genuinely confused, because they WERE supposed to be there. She told my daughter to hold on and went off to talk to someone. She returned in a few minutes and asked if we had time to take a special trip. We agreed. Within minutes, another CM met us and grabbed my 8 year old by the hand. He led us back to the princess area (pausing to hold my kiddo over the crowd to see the Headless Horseman in the parade), took us through some back area and into a room of our own. He told us to hold on for a moment, and left. Within minutes, in came Rapunzel and a Photopass photographer. My girls got about 15 minutes alone with Rapunzel. My 8 year old was in awe and beamed all night long. I still get teary-eyed when I think of how much that moment meant to all of us. And the fact that they even had the photographer come too was SO incredibly thoughtful. We had many little moments of Pixie Dust during that trip, but this moment was huge and amazing!

We've only been to Disney once in the recent past (Oct 2017) and it was my DS first trip, he was almost 4. We had two moments of pixie dust and, while not big things, definitely made our trip wonderful! The first moment was our first time at MK and it was the MNSSHP and DS got picked by Judy Hopps to lead the little mini parade before the big parade rolled through. She held his hand all around the circle and brought him back to us with the biggest smile on his face! I was floored that she picked him. Then a few days later, at MK again, we went into the confectionery to look at all the treats and ladies making candy. One lady saw my son peering over the partition to watch the candy making. She came out by us and gave him a Mummy Mickey rice krispy treat for free and took a picture with DS. She was as sweet as could be and although my DS didn't realize the special gesture, I did and I will never forget her!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!