• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Disney Pixie Dust You've Ever Received??

Went to WDW for Mardi Gras this past February , arrived at WL expecting to check in studio villa only to be surprised by being upgraded to 2B villa instead. That was great and totally unexpected. The real pixie dust however was when one of the kids in our group lost his light saber built at HS, mom went to guest services to see if anyone had turned it in, no one had however CM gave her a gift card for him to build a new one.

Free mini golf on my dd's bday.

I forgot to add when we came back to the room one night, there was a birthday balloon and a signed photo of Mickey waiting for her.

Last edited:
We were staying at POR in 2013 and when we checked into our room and the room was dirty. I called down to the front desk and they took care of it right away! Later during the week I was asked if everything was going well with our room and vacation. I replied yes and that my only dissapointment was how long the lines were to meet Mickey were and that my 2 boys were a little dissapointed that they couldn't get his autograph. Well later that night when we returned from the park, the boys were surprised with a big stuffed Mickey for each of them and a letter from him as well! That totally made their first trip much more memorable! We are returning this fall and hoping for a little more pixie dust!

The best so far was this past November when we were moved from WL-SV to GF-LV and then when we checked in our room, we had a view of the the POLY, CR and the CASTLE:)

Last edited:

I was able to enter Magic Kingdom for free one evening. Here's how it happened...
Because of a coming blizzard I flew to Orlando two days earlier than the rest of my friends. My magic band did not work to open my hotel room door, which meant I had to drag my luggage a great distance back to the lobby. Then, the evening before my friends would arrive, I decided to take the boat over to Magic Kingdom to purchase my park ticket. I was getting a two day pass and asked how much more for a three day pass. Since it was 85 dollars more I said it wasn't worth it since it was 6:30 and the park closed at 9:00, so I purchased a two day. The CM said it would be on my Magic Band and I said can I please have a card type ticket. When he asked why, I told him the ordeal I had trying to get in my room with a faulty magic band, and that I was afraid it might happen trying to enter a Park. He wrote out a special certificate to get a Disney plush toy at the Emporium and said it was only good that night. I said, but I'm not going into the Park tonight because, remember, I only bought a two day ticket. He said...Oh, you're not? And he opened the door and let me in!

Last year we attended MBYBBQ with intentions of paying OOP. There was some issue where they automatically held 2 credits each, so I had to go to the front desk of the hotel to have them release those credits for us to use elsewhere. Apparently this doubled up when we actually paid at the BBQ, so we wound up with extra meal credits at the end of our trip. I went to the front desk, because I was confused. I was afraid a meal we intended to pay with credits had actually been charged OOP. When the manager looked at it (it confused several cast members too), she wouldn't reverse the credits. She just told us to use them for our troubles. We had one last lunch planned the next day that was supposed to be OOP, so it was a nice send off for us.

My son and I took a mommy and me trip when he was 4 and later were joined by family. We had a one night reservation at the GF followed by a 5 night stay so I could take advantage of a discount offer. When getting off the bus we were greeted by a person with a clipboard who asked my name and when I said my name she checked her board and called over another person. The other person walked over and asked my name and then said to please come with them. We walked over to the SugarLoaf bldg and the CM started telling me about the resort and the amenities as she walked and then as she entered the bldg. I realized this was the concierge area. I told her she must have been mistaken for we booked a GV room. She said nope we had been upgraded. I was super excited and my son was thrilled and more so when they said he could have cookies and lemonade while mom did the "paperwork". I was offered a glass of champagne. I couldn't believe it. It got even better. I think I had been upgraded because it was a one night stay but after she finished checking me in I said "ok, so in the morning do I need to come down and check out and check back in" and she said "no", then looked at the computer screen and then said "oh, wait...hmm" and then she typed for a minute and went to talk to someone and then came back and said "no worries you can just stay in that room". It was our first CL stay!! It hasn't been our last either. We were very lucky that day! :D

Two things stand out for me in over 20 years of trips. First one was maybe 10 years ago. DH & I were headed to MK for late night EMH. I think we had eaten dinner at Epcot & took the monorail to the TTC. It was near regular closing time for MK. We decided to take the ferry over since we had plenty of time & hadn't ridden it in years. There were only about 10 other people on the ferry. About half way to MK, the fireworks started. The captain stopped the boat until they were over. DH & I were on the lower right side with only 3 other people. It was like having the fireworks just for us!

In January of 2015, we were staying at YC & I called to book a bounceback trip for December. We booked a split stay at Contemporary & Yacht Club, both club level rooms. The CM was very sweet & chatty. When she asked if we would be celebrating anything, I said yes, my DH's 60th birthday. I told her we were going to Disneyland in September for their 60th celebration. And that even tho we'd be at WDW 3 weeks before DH's actual b-day, we were going to follow Disney's lead & celebrate for a year. She remarked several times that she was noting his birthday, because you never know what pixie dust/ magic might happen.

I didn't think another thing about it til we checked into the Contemporary resort. We were upgraded from a standard King club level room to a 2 bedroom suite! Living room, dining room, 3 full bathrooms & a Christmas tree in the room!!

We checked out after 3 nights & moved onto the YC for the rest of the week. We were in complete shock when the CM checking us in told us we had been upgraded. And to the largest suite in the YC - The Captain's Deck!! This suite had a marble foyer, large bedroom with 2 queen beds, living room, dining room with seating for 10, master bedroom with King canopy bed, whirlpool tub, 3 patios, office area & many more amenities. We were blown away! We never experienced anything like that before & certainly never expected such a magical trip! I can't say for sure, but I really suspect that the CM who booked my bounceback had something to do with our upgrades. We will never forget that trip!!

Last edited:
During the first night of our February 2015 trip, we were having an issue at Pop, and Disney definitely went above and beyond to rectify the situation for us-- They moved us from Pop to AKL for the entire duration of our trip. It was a dream for us!!!

Checking into the Poly in 2008-booked garden view,and the gal looked at her computer and said that we had been upgraded to TPV! It was a wonderful surprise!

bumping this amazing thread - love reading all these magical stories!

Was going to get my fastpass to Soarin' back when WDW had paper fast-passes. I passed a CM just before the kiosk, made eye contact, and said "good morning" to him. Got to the kiosk and noticed the same CM standing next to me.
He asked me "so, riding Soarin' later today?" I said yes. He asked me "would you like to ride it now?" I, of course said yes. He said "follow me". He took me backstage and into another door that led to the line just before entering the theater. We shook hands, I told him Thank You and I went on the attraction. That was awesome!!

These stories are great. They make me a little jealous though. We have been to Disney at least 10 times and have never gotten one single flake of pixie dust sprinkled on us. Everyone is always nice as can be, but nothing free or upgraded or anything like that.

I know I already posted early but I'm excited and have to share
Just checked in the Yacht Club just myself and my mother(mom and daughter trip)
we had a rough flight from New Jersey this morning my mother is having nosebleeds and my ears won't stop popping
We must have looked horrible because the CM said you guys look like you need a little relaxation let me see what I can do and upgraded us to Club Level! Now if I could just get my ears to stop popping!!

These stories are great. They make me a little jealous though. We have been to Disney at least 10 times and have never gotten one single flake of pixie dust sprinkled on us. Everyone is always nice as can be, but nothing free or upgraded or anything like that.

Don't give up hope! We had over 20 years of trips before we got those amazing upgrades. We went at least once a year during that time & several years we went 2 or 3 times.

I know I already posted early but I'm excited and have to share
Just checked in the Yacht Club just myself and my mother(mom and daughter trip)
we had a rough flight from New Jersey this morning my mother is having nosebleeds and my ears won't stop popping
We must have looked horrible because the CM said you guys look like you need a little relaxation let me see what I can do and upgraded us to Club Level! Now if I could just get my ears to stop popping!!

Wonderful! Enjoy!!

All of these stories are incredible. I am hoping for some pixie dust when we go this November. My daughter has a severe heart defect, and this is a trip we have been saving for because she has wished for it for so long. If anyone has tips for something special or magical we could do to make the trip stand out to her even more, I would appreciate it. She is 10 if that helps. We had to settle for standard view room at POR, but I am still going to request a room as close as possible to the main building since she gets tired and overheated more quickly than the average person. I am hoping they can make that happen for us.

We have never been given anything, but during the MDE testing we had a glitch in our system the allowed us to get fast passes over and over for any ride we wanted. I told a CM and asked if this was normal. He said no way! And asked me to email the tech dept. I told him I would. The tech people said to send them another email after the vacation, but for now enjoy the extra FP.....i lost count of how many times we rode BTMRR that year or SM , lines were very short that year anyway, but it saved us about 5-10 minutes each ride.

We also were invited into FL early and got to see all the rides about a week before the official invitations went out. 7DMT was not yet finished, so we finally get to ride it this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter