Best Disney Pixie Dust You've Ever Received??

My first trip as an adult, my family, boyfriend and I all went for Christmas week, 2016. I was with my boyfriend and two of my sisters in MK; we had just finished riding Space Mountain and were in the gift shop, looking around. My youngest sister (I believe she was about 18 at the time) was over at their photo area, gushing over our ride photo (unintentionally, we all had ridiculous expressions). The CM working the area asked her if she was interested in purchasing, and my sister got kind of shy/quiet and politely declined, saying she didn't have the money for it. A completely different CM overheard and approached my sister. "Honey, did you want a printout of your ride photo?" My sister got visibly embarrassed and again politely declines, but the CM insists "If you want it, don't worry about it - I just got off the phone with Mickey and he wants you to have it!" My boyfriend and I overhear this and, without interrupting, come closer to watch as the CM gifted my sister multiple printouts of various sizes, free of charge. My sister was in tears and gushed about it the entire rest of the trip.
That is so sweet! I love when they do something like this. It just reminded me of when I went on a class field trip when I was 9 and we were at Magic Kingdom. I really wanted one of those giant lollipops with all the colors and it wasn't too much, but I was counting out my change and was short by about 40 cents so I couldn't get it. A cast member saw me doing this and decided to gift me the lollipop. I was so excited and it lasted me the entire three hour drive home on the bus.

We went on a “Universal Only” Trip and somehow still ended up in the Magic Kingdom Resort area on our last night. Lol We went up to guest services to ask how much 2 tickets would cost since the park closed in an hour. The gentlemen at Guest Services gave us two Magic Kingdom entry cards for free and said “You guys go have fun”. Walked through every land, grabbed a dole whip, hit Space right before park closing and then ate Casey’s on the lawn in front of the castle. From the countless times we’ve stayed at Disney, this small “Disney Magic” will always be one of our favorite memories.

I think I love the little moments most. When my daughter was 3, we drove to WDW for a ten day stay. After two days traveling with a 3yo I was EXHAUSTED. Husband dropped me and daughter off at door to Yacht Club. This was 2000 so no online check in. Stood in line for a bit and then gave CM my name. All this time 3yo is whining, climbing my leg, and trying to run around. CM said “ok, I’ll be right with you but first I need to help this little Princess”. CM came around the counter with a coloring book and crayons and water and snacks. Took my daughter by the hand and sat her at a kids table (about 5 feet from where I was checking in) and got her situated. Then the CM came back to check me in. It was such a kind simple action and it was exactly what I needed!

Had 2 rooms booked at Caribbean Beach. Never went to our rooms upon arrival, went straight to Epcot. Received call that night during illuminations that there was a problem with the shower of one of the rooms. CM asked if it was ok to move us to Animal Kingdom Lodge and gave us anytime FPs. Loved AKL!

We've had a few magic moments...several years ago on my dad's last trip, he and my mom had breakfast reservations at Akershus with our young daughters. It was an early reservation and my dad was having a tough morning with Parkinson's. It was the first time we'd realized what a hard time he was having, he just could not get his body to move. After waiting, and worrying about missing the reservation, we sent my mom off with the kids. DH and I waited with my dad, who was flustered and we were all upset because he was having so much trouble. The he was finally able to move, we waited and caught a bus, then we walked with my dad who was still having difficulties, from the front gate at Epcot to Akershus. When we got there, I was practically in tears, and my dad was just desperate to meet up with my mom and the kids. We were graciously greeted at the door, we explained the situation, and my dad was welcomed in with a smile. DH and I left to pick up breakfast and ride Soarin', when we came back, the kids had smiles and picture, and told us how my dad had a great breakfast and wasn't charged for it! As a child of the Great Depression, my dad appreciated it all, despite the ordeal it took to get there.

On that same trip, on the DDP at day 8 of 11, we had run out snack credits, because we love to snack at WDW. The kids, of course, still needed snacks, so I let them charge a snack to our KTTW. When they came back, they handed me the card and said that the cast member used a credit. Worried that a dining credit had been used, I looked at the receipt and discovered that we now magically had 7 snack credits! I have no idea how that happened, but we loved it!

A couple of years ago, we had a liberal sprinkling of pixie dust in a terrible situation when my husband came down with appendicitis five days into our trip. He went to Celebration Hospital by ambulance and had surgery the next evening. Disney cast members were very kind and provided me with emotional support and rides to the hospital as I shuttled back and forth to grab clothes, a shower, and finally a good night's sleep. My husband was also gifted a lovely blanket by the staff when he made it back to our room at BC.

Here is another pic of the kids...They spent over 30 min welcoming guests to HM. Just plucked us out of line..Alot of behind the scenes and anytime FP unlimited...all day. Any attraction. This was 2017 i believe. The CM was from New Zealand Great gal. she was so professional and hope she is doing well.
Pixie dust happens every visit!
Note...DD hates that pic..wasnt ready..lol

Attachments

• IMG_0443.JPG
    IMG_0443.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0439.JPG
    IMG_0439.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 58

Hello :)
Last November DH and I arrived POP late at night (around 11.00 p.m) because our flight was late... and we where so tired, but HAPPY just to be at Disney.
When we was checking in I asked the CM if she was able to give us a room at the ground floor because I was jumping around on crutches.

She took some calls and asked to other CM and she said; "I am sorry, but your room is not ready yet"... We said.. Oh, thats okey...
(we here at Disney right?)
She told us we would get a text message when our room was ready, and she gave us an extra extra day on the DP (told us we could go and have something to eat when we waited)

We thanked and thanked.. and 10 min later our room was ready.... AND a few days later we found out we got our money back for that first night.
The hotel manager at POP even called us (left a message on our phone) and apologized and asked if there was anything more he could do for us..
WOW... that was magic and it made us feel "special"... for the money we got from the room we bought some paintings we brought home :)

Best pixie dust happened a week ago today! I had an afternoon at Epcot planned for last Sunday with my sister. Just for giggles, I checked Disney’s site for a decent passholder rate on Wednesday, and lo and behold, Grand Floridian pops up, with a decent discount for Saturday and Sunday night. After consulting with my sister, we book it.
Saturday, we arrive at the front desk around 5, reeeeeeally excited about our first ever stay at Grand Floridian, and the CM at the desk informs us our room is not quite ready. We’re disappointed, but these things happen, she explains the hotel is booked SOLID that night. So she gets on the phone with the room assigner, folds and throws away the old map with Building 8 written on it, hangs up and says “you got a really good room”. Oh yay!
Then she asks if we’ve ever stayed club level before. Our last minute, outer building, standard view room had become Main Building Royal Palm Club with a stunning view of the castle. We were BLOWN AWAY.

In 2013 (I think) my husband and I were able to get in on the sort of trial time of the FP+ system, because of the DISboards and a lot of finagling on my part. (sp). One of the FP we pulled was for fireworks viewing. Because there were not a lot of people yet using it, we were able to watch Wishes on the lawn in the rose garden with just a handful of other people while the crowds swarmed around us. I was actually lying down on the grass on my back watching the show, thinking that it was a once in a lifetime experience for sure.

When my son was about 3, we went to Epcot during a trip and I can tell you I was a lot more excited about Disney than he was at that point and I made tonnes of the classic overscheduling errors. Also my darling son is what we called "spirited" at the time. (Now at 17 he is what I affectionately [mostly] call a knucklehead.) And he was having a pout about something or other when we went to Marakesh for dinner. The lovely lady at the front desk noticed he was in a mood and pulled out this tiny little dinosaur miniature for him. It was the funniest thing. He was SO into dinosaurs at that point. It cheered him up and it was the highlight of his trip. We still have that dumb thing.

When my daughter was about 6 weeks old we went to WDW. It was a killer pregnancy and I motivated myself through it planning the trip. People were blown away by how small she was everywhere we went. One day we saw Minnie and she started fussing over the baby and blew her a couple of kisses, complete with kissing noise! I was amazed because I knew they are not allowed to talk or make noises. It was the cutest thing. :)

This January, my DD4 and I did a birthday celebration just the two of us. We got to Epcot and put on the birthday button, then headed to the world showcase, first thing she wanted was a strawberry frozen pop. I asked the CM at the cart and ready to pay with my MB when the manager from the back said, don't worry about it. It was the first pixie dust we've received and we just go there! Then the mariachi band at Mexico pavilion asked her to come up as they sang happy birthday to her. She's shy so I was so proud she was standing up there (probably distracted by the strawberry pop), it was a lot of firsts for her that week (first fast ride, first trip without DW, first time riding the 7DMT) and she still remembers the frozen pop. And lots of CM cheered for her birthday too for the remainder of the week!

We ordered one of the chocolate mickey dome cakes to be delivered for our one night at AKL for my son's birthday. We arrived at the resort and the cake was supposed to be in the fridge. When I opened the fridge door there was liquid everywhere. The box was soaked, the water (i think it was water) was in the box, and the cake was ruined. The fridge was leaking all over the floor. I picked up the box and took it to the front desk and explained what was happening in our room w/ the fridge and could she please refund the cake. She said how sorry she was and I said no problem. She said I will have them bring you another cake tomorrow. I explained it was okay that we were moving resorts tomorrow and going to Grand Floridian for the rest of our split stay. She told me that she put a credit on my account and to get my son something nice from the gift store since he couldn't have his cake. The CM and I went back and forth, oh no that is okay to her saying please take it. It got to the point that it seemed kinda silly. So I said thank you and left. She also called maintenance because the fridge was leaking. I went to the gift store, but I had no idea how much of a credit there was. They had carved elephants and my son really likes elephants. I thought there was probably a $20 credit and I would just pay the balance. It ended up being a $100 credit. I was really shocked and what she did was so unnecessary. It was extremely kind of her. I went back w/ the elephant and told my son how much he had left to spend. The maintenance people were already there when I got back. He said that the person who delivered the cake probably cranked up the cold on the fridge and made it produce condensation.

So that was a lovely thing for her to do and we were very grateful. I was never expecting anything more. We arrived at Grand Floridian and our room was ready. We dropped off our stuff and went out for a bit. When we got back, there a mickey cake on the table. It was done up w/ linens, lovely plates and candles. There was even milk in the fridge. It actually made me teary. She didn't have to do any of that. All I hoped for was she would give me a refund on my cake. She was a special lady.

Last edited:
We just got home yesterday and got our best ever upgrade- Upgraded to Club Level at the Yacht Club. Only problem is, I’m not going to ever be able to go back to a regular room.

The same thing happened to us at Grand Floridian last week, we were upgraded to Club Level when we checked in. Besides the fact that I fell in love with GF, Club Level was amazing! I am spoiled for life!

I had a most delightful pixie dust moment last week at Hollywood Studios. I am a huge fan of the Toy Story Aliens, and kept seeing the Alien popcorn buckets everywhere when we arrived last week. Everyone said I could purchase one at HS, so that was my plan on our HS day.

I really didn't want to carry the bucket around all day, so I figured I'd buy it at the end of the day on my way out. Well, turns out all the stands are closed after the fireworks at HS. I went up to the popcorn stand expecting to buy my bucket, and it was closed. I was was really bummed out. There was a light on inside, so I tapped on the window. One of the CMs came out, and I asked him if there might be another place that was still open that had the popcorn bucket. He said that most likely no. I must have a really crestfallen look on my face, as he popped back inside, talked to the other CM, then came back out and asked me if it was just the bucket I was looking for. It was, and I told him that, and he just up and handed me one. I swear, I was almost in tears, I gave him a big hug and a thank you. I wish I had thought to get his name. I would have happily paid for the bucket, it was $25!

Stuff like this is what keeps me coming back year after year. It was just a silly popcorn bucket, but it made me so happy.

BEST pixie dust we ever received happened during our January 2017 stay. I had just finished up my DCP, and my family came down to pick me up. Since they were driving down from NJ, they figured they'd at least get 3 park days out of it and booked a theme park-view room at the Poly. When we got to the front desk to check in late that first night, we had been magically upgraded to a Bora Bora Bungalow! We were shocked and thrilled all night long. We'll certainly never forget it!

I've had a couple of pixie dust moments (some of them I don't talk about any more because they involve a relationship I'd rather not remember lol)

Most recently I got pixie dust before I've even gone on my trip! I had to call WDW last week to double check something about my flights (my package is with them) and I got talking to the lovely American CM on the other end of the phone, and I happened to mention to her that I will be visiting in November to celebrate my graduation after trying for 9 years to get my degree. She was full of congratulations and asked me if she could make a note of it on my reservation, which of course I said yes to. She then said "Don't worry about going to City Hall to get your celebration badge, it will be there for you when you check in." It's literally the smallest thing, but it made my whole day , because I am right in the middle of my final projects for said degree. Been feeling stressed and she made me smile.

Also, this one isn't actually from a CM, but it was Disney related Pixie dust. We were staying in the Best Western in the DS resort area on our last trip in 2017. We checked in at about 7pm our first night, and the lady at the front desk noticed our accents (we're from the UK) and that we were staying for 11 nights, which I think is longer than most bookings for that hotel. She spent a couple of minutes typing away and then was like "Since you're staying with us for so long, we've given you a complimentary upgrade to a Disney view room." I was over the moon and thanked her profusely. Not long after we got to our room, Illuminations started, and we watched the fireworks from our balcony, we could also see DS and Spaceship Earth completely lit up. In the daylight you could see Epcot and ToT in the distance. It's the best view I've ever had from a hotel and it was my BFF's first visit and he was taken in by the magic at that moment. I've stayed at that hotel twice and they are awesome. I'm very excited about getting to stay on site for the first time as an adult, but I admit I will miss BW LBV, it started to feel like home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter