• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Disney Pixie Dust You've Ever Received??

We were given three "front of the line" passes (FP was a thing but not for most character M&Gs at the time) for my DD5 at the time to meet the princesses that she wanted to see. Happened because we were shut out of the line to see Alice and the White Rabbit. Instead we saw Rapunzel, Jasmine, and Tianna.

Hoping for some on our next trip. 25th anniversary, no kids, CR TPV. Wouldn't mind an upgrade to Club level, just sayin'

We had a trip planned for Feb. 2010. It was me DH and our 2 children 5, and 2. Right before we were leaving about 4 weeks prior, we got word that my husband's brother was very sick and needed some finacial help. It drained our savings account. We left our front door with 600.00 in hand and headed to Disney for the first time. We had already paid for the trip and I had so many plans to do things with our children and I knew that was not possible.

I went to walmart the night before we left and purchased a Bell dress for my daughter. It was all I could do for her and we had reservations at Cinderellas Castle. My DD is a townboy who loves dresses. She however hates getting her hair brush, and looking kept.Upon check in she of course had the Bell dress on and pretty much refused to take it off all week. We were upgraded to a river view room, and were staying in the mansions at POR. This made me cry. They were so beautiful. And I was so greatful that Disney did that for our family. On day 5 of our trip her dress was torn to shreds and her hair looked liked she had stuck a fork into the socket. She refused to wear any shoes other than her pink, dirty flip flops and I had just thrown my hands in defeat. I cried to my husband about how our child looks like Marla from fight club and she wont let me clean her up.

We went to our Dinner at CRT. She looked like a hot mess. All the little girls were there in their pretty dresses and twirling. She wanted no part in that. She was playing with her hotwheels on the floor. We were talking with another couple and all of a sudden we hear "well hello princess" we look up and Cinderella was standing next to our daughter. She asked my DD if she could sit with her and play. Of course my DD said yes and Cinderella got onto the floor and played with our DD for about 15 min. The other couple was staring trying to figure out who we were and how my DD got so lucky. I was in complete shock. Peyton talked about how she was climbing a tree and ripped her dress and Cinderella told her it was beautiful and Peyton thanked her. It was the best thing in the world to us. Just that simple act of kindness shown to my daughter by a character. Other children were trying to come and sit down as well but the CM's stopped them and for 15 min it was just my DD and Cinderella.

Ever since that trip, characters have paid special attention to Peyton. Each trip Peyton is selected for a show, or has a unique experience with a character. It is truly magical.

On our honeymoon trip, we felt like "Pixie dust" was everywhere just because we were celebrating our marriage. At Teppan Edo, the sweet hostesses sang a well wishes song to us. Halfway through the trip, we flipped over to our second reservation (we did a split stay.) While checking in to AKL, the CM informed us there was a problem with our room reservation. She gave us a free TS meal to use when we wanted. A few hours later at Kona for lunch, there was another problem with the second reservation. We missed our FP at MK so the manager gave us a fastpass to use wherever we wanted. Later that night, my husband's magic band wasn't working. After talking to a really nice CM for about 2 hours, he took us to CL just to tour. The next morning we had champagne and Zebra domes sent to our room. The next night, they brought up a nice blush wine and strawberries. While we weren't asking for any "freebies" we appreciated that Disney went so far as to try to make up for the rough patches we encountered. It's the excellent customer service that keeps us returning to Disney.

In 2013, we were chosen as Family of the Day at YC and got balloons and Mickey and Minnie shaped chocolates in our room. We were also upgraded from our standard view CL room to a gorgeous lagoon view CL!! What a wonderful surprise! :cloud9:

The entire YOAMD promotion (2006-2008) has been the ultimate pixie dust for me. Whatever Disney did with that, they did 1000% right.

As far as resort upgrades - we were upgraded to CR Tower CL VP suite from Atrium CL MK view. A-mazing!

We've been many times and the best pixie dust we have recieved was when we were booked at a standard view standard room at POR we were upgraded at check in to a River View Royal Room. When I asked why the CM said that "A princess should have a royal room on her birthday". It was wonderful!

Also, on my daughters first visit to WDW we were checking in to All Star Sports and the CM at the desk gave her a balloon and a plush Sorcerer Mickey! She was so happy. When her balloon lost it's float a few days later Mousekeeping put a new one in our room!

Some people say you make your own luck and in that thought sometimes you have to make your own pixie dust.

Can't say I have any great stories from Uncle Walt's minions giving us pixie dust. But we feel like we have been covered in pixie dust every minute of our time on property.

But I will say our best stroke of luck was April 20th, 2015. It flipping poured out while we were at Epcot coming around the back end of the world showcase. After trying to dry off in American Adventure, it finally let up and we mosied over to Germany when we noticed a line to the side of a building. Under it was Snow White (I believe this is an alternate rain spot as I think she normally meets elsewhere in the pavilion), we hopped in line, which they closed shortly thereafter, and to the delight of my 3-year old daughter had a fantastic meet with Snow White.

Walking into AK one morning a CM asked if I would like to participate in a group study survey that would take about 1 hour later in the day. If I did they would give me a $150 Disney gift card. I said yes and they told me there would be a CM near Dinosaur to lead us into a private building. I arrived at the time but was told they already had the allowed number of people who showed up before me. She then said to sign my name on a list of survey guests and handed me a $150 gift card. I left on my way with card in hand. So I got paid $150 for my signature.

These stories are great. They make me a little jealous though. We have been to Disney at least 10 times and have never gotten one single flake of pixie dust sprinkled on us. Everyone is always nice as can be, but nothing free or upgraded or anything like that.

You do not always know when you are being upgraded! I swear that our "standard view" room at AKL with giraffes out the balcony was not a true standard view room, and the "Ah, there's the Castle" room at the Poly was not "garden view" either. Either we were put in the absolute best standard or garden views on the property, or we were quietly upgraded.

All of these stories are incredible. I am hoping for some pixie dust when we go this November. My daughter has a severe heart defect, and this is a trip we have been saving for because she has wished for it for so long. If anyone has tips for something special or magical we could do to make the trip stand out to her even more, I would appreciate it. She is 10 if that helps. We had to settle for standard view room at POR, but I am still going to request a room as close as possible to the main building since she gets tired and overheated more quickly than the average person. I am hoping they can make that happen for us.

POR is a great resort with an excellent staff, and they know how to get folks as close as possible to the main building if that is what needs to happen. Make sure any special requests are posted.

Wasn't sure where to post this, but thought it would be a fun thread!! You can talk about anything that stands out to you: resort upgrades, something given to you for free, or even just an incredibly nice CM you ran into at Disney!

pixiedust:

This is my story: On our second family trip, we were monorailing back to our resort for a mid-day break. This was back in 2002, when you could still sit up front in the monorail. Me being 8 years old, this was all the rage, so of course we requested to be up front. We were walking into the monorail when all of a sudden, my dad's belt loop on his khaki shorts got caught on something and the belt loop ripped off. Total accident! My dad just shrugged it off and said he'd take it to the tailors once we got home.

During the ride home, we made conversation with the monorail driver, who had witnessed the small happening and had apologized profusely. Then, before we got off, he asked us what resort we were staying at and our room number. We told him, said goodbye, and went about our day. We ended up swimming at the resort and coming back to MK that night for Spectromagic and Fantasy in the Sky, not thinking twice about what happened on the monorail.

After coming back to the Poly late that night, we opened the door to find a brand new pair of shorts sitting on one of the beds, with a note from Mickey saying that they were free of charge!! We were floored! I actually think my mom even teared up a little bit because she was so touched. They even guessed my dad's pants size right and the shorts were identical to the ones he ripped! My mom says that she will always remember that story, and it has convinced her to book way more trips than she ever thought she would! Customer service at Disney has always been, at least in our opinions, second to none :)
I considered it pixie dust the time we didn't all get blown to Kansas while staying off site for one night during Hurricane Charlie!!!!!!......then as soon as we left the "outside world" where there was destruction everywhere, and we arrived on property, it was as if nothing happened!!

We are off to WDW in just a few days to celebrate after a medically trying spring, and our reservations went a little weird. Once I had made the final payment, I received an e-mail stating that we were a party of 5 (we are a family of 4) and my oldest son was listed on the reservation twice, as both "Master" and "Mister." Well, a single phone call solved that. About 4 weeks later, however, I noticed that when "Master" was deleted from the reservation, all of "Mister's" carefully planned Fastpass+'s had vanished. Stayed up late, figured out the webpage, and managed to get all of them back, except, of course, Toy Story Midway Mania and 7 Dwarfs. So I called Disney and told them to move the FASTpass+'s for those rides from my magic band to his (seriously, would I leave him sitting outside the ride!?), and they said, Oh no, the entire family rides together. Not sure what they did, but he now has super duper "ride anytime" Fastpasses for those two rides.

Last year we attended MBYBBQ with intentions of paying OOP. There was some issue where they automatically held 2 credits each, so I had to go to the front desk of the hotel to have them release those credits for us to use elsewhere. Apparently this doubled up when we actually paid at the BBQ, so we wound up with extra meal credits at the end of our trip. I went to the front desk, because I was confused. I was afraid a meal we intended to pay with credits had actually been charged OOP. When the manager looked at it (it confused several cast members too), she wouldn't reverse the credits. She just told us to use them for our troubles. We had one last lunch planned the next day that was supposed to be OOP, so it was a nice send off for us.

This happened to my brother in a way. The BBQ ADR was in my name so when they checked in, they took the 2 credits off of mine instead of his and when we went back to fix it, they gave me mine back but never took theirs off so their last character breakfast they used the 2 credits and only had to pay for their DD (they had planned on paying that meal OOP but the 2 credits ending up taking care of it)

Our best Pixie Dust happens when my 7 year old niece is along. She is so darn cute that we get Dusted a lot when she's with us! Our best Dusting happened at Disneyland (specifically, California Adventure), when we walked up to Toy Story Mania a few minutes after park opening and my niece was made Sheriff of the day. She got a badge to wear, and all 6 of us got front-of-the-line all day to Toy Story and Buzz, as well as for Toy Story characters. It was SO cool.

We also got Dusted by other guests when the big moment came for her to be measured for California Screamin'. She was just tall enough and so we started to clap and cheer. Others guests around joined in clapping and cheering, too. It was a special and exciting moment, made better by fellow park-goers!

One year, back in 1991, we had a late September reservation at CR for a standard wing room. At the time, our family was separated because my dad had been transferred to Orlando and we were still living a couple hours away at the house, waiting for it to sell. So he got to the hotel first to check in and wait for us. When we arrived, he wanted to show us the room right away - which was puzzling to us because we had stayed in standard wing rooms for years at that time. What he knew, and we didn't, was that we had been upgraded to a suite! We always figured it was because our trip was ending on 9/30 and there was a big press event scheduled for 10/1 for the 20th anniversary and that suite was probably blocked off for some VIP. We definitely enjoyed it!

Back in the fall of 2008 we were making plans for our first trip staying onsite, they had the "stay 7 for 4" (or whatever it was) promotion going on, so we scheduled a 10 day trip in March staying at POP. Well, after we booked, we thought our son would like to stay in the new Pirate Rooms at CBR, so we upgraded in January to the Pirate Rooms. We were supposed to leave on a Wednesday, and the Sunday afternoon before, I get a call from Disney. They apologized, but said they were behind in finishing up the Pirate Rooms and were offering us a room at AKL for no additional charge. I thanked them and asked the cast member if they had anything closer to MK, as we were planning on being there the most. She put me on hold and came back and said they could offer me the same thing, but at Poly in a garden view room. I gladly accepted and could hardly contain myself. When we went to check in, we had been upgraded to a better view, which was great. So, we went from originally staying at POP, to CBR, to getting a free upgrade to Poly. Quite the first trip onsite I must say.

This last March, my wife and I were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and came back to our room to balloons, a Mickey photos, and a soft sided CBR cooler filled with snacks for us. That was great too !

Ok I must finally confess, on our trip in May we booked Yacht club woods view with dining plan, upon arrival were upgraded to concierge level and had a lagoon view. We spent a week on the 5th floor and absolutely loved it. Soooo much food but couldn't cancel dining plan so we ate and ate ...I would love to stay concierge again someday. What a lucky lucky gal I am! pixiedust:

Nothing to do with upgrades etc but I think a little bit of real magic - on our trip for my grandson's 4th birthday he had been through a tough time medically (and in fact on our return to the UK was in hospital for some time) but apart from looking a little pale there was no sign. In AK due to the heat there was an announcement that Mickey's meet and greet would be inside in a lodge we were just approaching so we walked up to join a very short queue and in we went - Mickey and Minnie seemed to know immediately that he needed some extra time and we had a private room with them for many minutes while they fussed and hugged him - we were streaming tears it was so moving and definitely magical!

We booked a week at the GF(just got back). When I booked last year we planned on driving most of the way down on day 1 and checking in early at GF. Both sons brought home report cards in December with Straight A's, so I splurged and got them a night at the Yacht Club(they were griping about staying at GF after having to put up with a royal room last December). We started our drive last Wednesday morning at 4 am and got to the Yacht Club just before noon. Room wasn't ready so we ate lunch and rented some Sea Raycers. When we got a text that the room was ready I didn't even notice it was on the 5th floor. We get go to the lobby we were met by someone to take us up to the 5th floor as we had been Magically upgraded as a result of making the honor roll!

We got to our room and the view was incredible, it was a 5th floor Lagoon view looking almost directly in line with the lighthouse thingy. We had booked a standard view non-CL. Made me sad that we had to leave the next day for the GF(until we saw the view that we had there). We had done CL three times in the past (2 @ AKL and 1 @ BC) both the wife and I agreed that offerings at the Regatta Club were much better than the last two CL stays that we have had. Any how it was a wonderful start to a great vacation.

The Irony icing on the cake? Both boys we're handed buttons with "HONOR ROLE" written in Sharpie. My wife(college professor) was mortified. The double irony? She also pointed out that my meticulously typed out spreadsheet itinerary had Yacht club spelled incorrectly about 5 times(Because who would have spelled it that way).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter