Best Disney Pixie Dust You've Ever Received??

Mollydolly334

Honorary Floridian
Wasn't sure where to post this, but thought it would be a fun thread!! You can talk about anything that stands out to you: resort upgrades, something given to you for free, or even just an incredibly nice CM you ran into at Disney!

pixiedust:

This is my story: On our second family trip, we were monorailing back to our resort for a mid-day break. This was back in 2002, when you could still sit up front in the monorail. Me being 8 years old, this was all the rage, so of course we requested to be up front. We were walking into the monorail when all of a sudden, my dad's belt loop on his khaki shorts got caught on something and the belt loop ripped off. Total accident! My dad just shrugged it off and said he'd take it to the tailors once we got home.

During the ride home, we made conversation with the monorail driver, who had witnessed the small happening and had apologized profusely. Then, before we got off, he asked us what resort we were staying at and our room number. We told him, said goodbye, and went about our day. We ended up swimming at the resort and coming back to MK that night for Spectromagic and Fantasy in the Sky, not thinking twice about what happened on the monorail.

After coming back to the Poly late that night, we opened the door to find a brand new pair of shorts sitting on one of the beds, with a note from Mickey saying that they were free of charge!! We were floored! I actually think my mom even teared up a little bit because she was so touched. They even guessed my dad's pants size right and the shorts were identical to the ones he ripped! My mom says that she will always remember that story, and it has convinced her to book way more trips than she ever thought she would! Customer service at Disney has always been, at least in our opinions, second to none :)

This story is several decades old but ............

We were staying in "The Treehouse Villas" in 1987. Upon check-out, I forgot to empty an entire dresser drawer of our clothing and take it with us. Didn't realize until we arrived at friends home in West Palm Beach. Called WDW and they checked with mousekeeping. Sure enough the clothes had been turned in. Thought we'd have to drive back and get them but...........NOPE.... Disney asked where we were and they boxed up all those clothes and shipped them express service to West Palm Beach at NO CHARGE to us!! It was my stupid mistake, I'd have gladly paid but no... was told it was a courtesy on WDW's part. I thanked them profusely!

I went to Disney World for my 25th Birthday in 2013. Nothing was huge, but just so many people telling me "Happy Birthday Princess" was just magical. And when I say everyone, I mean EVERYONE. We went to the late Main Street Electrical Parade that night (11:00) and we were in Frontierland so there weren't that many people around. Numerous people who were ON THE FLOATS told me Happy Birthday. Including Burt and Mary Poppins and even Elliot the dragon blew smoke and Pete said, "Well, Elliot just told you Happy Birthday!". In addition, we were watching The Notorious Banjo Brothers and Bob one afternoon and they pulled me up and sang Happy Birthday to me and took pictures and all kinds of chaos.....all because of a button. Nothing else was asked from anyone. It was one of the most magical trips I've ever had!

Last August, I checked into WL for an eleven-night stay. Once in the room, I discovered "unscheduled maintenance" was happening on my balcony; in addition to the scaffolding, it was disruptive and felt invasive. (Good morning, construction workers! LoL) I ultimately decided to switch resorts and was offered a garden wing room at CR for an additional charge of just $80 total. The garden wing was ok, but when you're looking at that beautiful A-frame main building, it's hard not to have resort envy! A after a couple of nights in the garden wing, I stopped by the concierge desk to see how much it would cost to switch to a Bay Lake View for the last two or three nights of the trip so I could experience the main building. The CM brought up my reservation and said, "hmmm...let me check something. Well, it looks like you're celebrating your birthday and Bay Lake View isn't good enough for a birthday. How about we send you to a Theme Park View room for the rest of your trip at no charge?" I was so stunned I actually started to cry tears of pure joy. (How embarrassing!) The CM went so far as to make sure I had an odd-numbered room so my bed would be facing MK so I could see it when I woke up in the morning and could watch Wishes from bed. In all the years I've been to WDW, it was absolutely the most magical thing that's ever happened to me!

Last August, I checked into WL for an eleven-night stay. Once in the room, I discovered "unscheduled maintenance" was happening on my balcony; in addition to the scaffolding, it was disruptive and felt invasive. (Good morning, construction workers! LoL) I ultimately decided to switch resorts and was offered a garden wing room at CR for an additional charge of just $80 total. The garden wing was ok, but when you're looking at that beautiful A-frame main building, it's hard not to have resort envy! A after a couple of nights in the garden wing, I stopped by the concierge desk to see how much it would cost to switch to a Bay Lake View for the last two or three nights of the trip so I could experience the main building. The CM brought up my reservation and said, "hmmm...let me check something. Well, it looks like you're celebrating your birthday and Bay Lake View isn't good enough for a birthday. How about we send you to a Theme Park View room for the rest of your trip at no charge?" I was so stunned I actually started to cry tears of pure joy. (How embarrassing!) The CM went so far as to make sure I had an odd-numbered room so my bed would be facing MK so I could see it when I woke up in the morning and could watch Wishes from bed. In all the years I've been to WDW, it was absolutely the most magical thing that's ever happened to me!
I totally would have cried too!

Been to Disney World many times (over 60 to date) and the best pixie dust that made the day turn from bad to great was very simple. We were driving from our "Atlanta" house (I just use the area term because the metro area is so large) and the husband was driving and he never, ever, ever, drives more than 4 MPH over the speed limit. Never, ever. We had crossed the Florida border and I wanted to get to the House of the Mouse! I looked over at the speedometer and he was doing 74 MPH while people were flying past us. I started goading him to go faster and said I wanted to see Mickey. He said "no, I'll get stopped". I joked about him being an old-timer (he's two years older than me and this was ten years ago) but he didn't go faster and...... yep, he got pulled over and was told he was doing over 85 MPH! He discussed this with the cop who then said maybe his "other officer" on the other side of the interstate was wrong so he would only write us up for 76 which would "save" us $200. Not a really great time.

When we checked into the All Stars that time, we were really dragging with the stop and all that and the Cast Member was happy to see us and asked us if anything was wrong because we looked like we had a bad day. My husband told her what happened and she cheerfully said, "I'll be right back" and came back with a Mickey balloon. No, not that much but it was something. And then she said, "did you get the officer's name? I'll put him down for being a naughty boy and refuse him to Disney World!" It was just something simple but it lifted the ticket from our minds for the rest of the vacation. And the Mickey balloon traveled home with us and my husband tapped it into the passenger side window at the spot where we were stopped.

Sometimes pixie dust isn't about huge things, it's about the small things.

Last week of July 2014, I brought an extended family gathering to WDW. We numbered 18 in total. Aside from my immediate family (DW, DD & I) no one had been to WDW before. I have been numerous times, and I wanted to make this an extra-stupendous experience for all of them. We stayed at Kidani Village in 2 and 3-room villas. It was a near perfect week. The thing that made it amazing was a technical glitch. Magic bands were still fairly new to the parks. As I stated, I worked extremely hard in planning several add-on options for all of my family members. To my surprise, even though the group was made up of a lot of different age groups, they all voted unanimously that they wanted to stick together for the entire week! So all of my detailed planning moving up to 4 separate groups through individual days got thrown out the window and became one large group. LOL, I actually booked 18 fastpasses altogether. Disney had already transitioned to the 3 fastpass system. I created pages on the My Disney program for each family member. I then proceeded to book fast passes for everyone on the same attraction for the 5 days we were to spend at the parks. Because I logged on at 11:55 pm on the 61st day (about to become the 60th day) before our trip, I was able to get all fast pass reservations for all 18 members. I got all of the hard reservations. My biggest triumph was to score 18 fastpasses for the Elsa and Anna meet and greet. I got everything I wished for our group. I also scored all of the dining reservations that I wanted. (I did this much earlier) I got the 5:00 seating at Sanaa during the animal feeding. I booked Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue tickets front and center. I scored 18 seats in the Castle for the princess dining. I even was able to get 18 seats at the newly opened Be Our Guest restaurant. Everything worked magically. Just before we were scheduled to go, they opened up the Frozen package at Hollywood Studios. I got us all tickets to that as well.
On the very first day though things did not go so well. I got my family all to Hollywood Studios at extra magic hours, but we were not allowed in!!!! We all had magic bands, but there was a problem reading them. We were sent to guest relation and proceeded to spend the next 2 hours there while two very polite techy folks tried to sort through what was wrong. I was slowly getting steamed because of all the money we had spent and our first day was starting out so ridiculously. At the 2 hour mark, a manager came out and said here are several fast passes for your group. Have them go and enjoy the park while you stay and see if we can figure out what is going on.
I was happy with this because basically my family got to ride every ride they could possibly ride all day. I on the other hand had to wait at the guest relations spot for another hour or so. They slowly began to determine what the problem was. At that point in time, the magic bands could only handle groups of up to 15. They did not know this yet on the day we were at Hollywood Studios. I believe they learned this the next day.
To make a long story short. We unlimited fast passes every day for the rest of the week. In fact, when we went to Magic Kingdom (twice), we got what one rep referred to as a golden ticket. This was basically an unlimited fast pass for our party. It was unbelieveable. From the time I left Guest Relations at Hollywood Studios, it was dreamlike. The parks were slammed, but because we had unlimited fast passes, it did not matter. We walked right on to every ride. Add to this magic our dining reservations at all of the top-rated Disney restaurants, and it was as near perfect a vacation as I could have every hoped. My family calls me Fast Pass Jack to this day.

Back in 2007, we took my Grandma to Disneyland for what would turn out to be her last visit. It was the year of a million dreams or something, I can't remember the theme, but they were big on ambush pixie dust that year as I had learned on the DISboards. Grandma was in a wheelchair with my sister when I bought her ticket. The CM asked me all about why we were there and I explained my Grandma was 86 and was going to be moving up to Northern CA to live near my aunt, so this was probably her last visit. The CM gave me a big button saying something about being a special guest or a distinguished guest for Grandma to wear. I thought that was so awesome even though it was just a small thing. It was a huge button.

This last part isn't pixie dust but it still makes me smile. Grandma put the button on and I told her to be super personable with any and all CMs in case they had any more pixie dust to share. We passed one in particular and she turned to me and said, "Allie, I smiled and smiled at him but he didn't give me a damn thing." LOL. She died unexpectedly a few months later and I am glad I have that memory. I miss you, Grandma.

I have several but these two are the most special to me!

Typhoon Lagoon had had just opened and I had on these gold hoop earrings that my father brought me for my birthday. I had no idea that the wave pool can actually knock you off your feet but nevertheless had a great time until I realized I lost one of my earrings. I started searching where I was in the wave pool but of course no luck, so I decided to find out if there was a lost and found so I approached a lifeguard and asked if and where the lost and found was located. He asked me what I lost and I showed him the earring and he pulled out the other one! You know the part in Cinderella when the Grand Duke produces the other slipper after the other one breaks? Well that was me, I was in tears!! I was so happy I hugged the lifeguard and thanked him profusely!

Back in 2005, My family surprised my mother on her 80th birthday on a weekend cruise that left from Port Canaveral(not a Disney cruise). Since it was a surprise, the only thing she knew is we would be in the Orlando area and requested one day at Disney. We ended up booking a room at the Contemporary for 2 nights for just my mother, one of my sisters and me. My other family members decided to stay in Florida for one more night and booked rooms at the Contemporary as well. We arrived at Disney after the cruise and we checked in we all had rooms in the Garden Wing. The CM questioned my mother about her birthday and her Disney plans. My mother was already excited having all her 5 kids, 10 grandkids and 6 great grand kids celebrating her birthday in Florida. She even went as far as explaining how one of my nieces needed dialysis and how worried she was about her reaching a center in Florida and getting her treatment. The CM assured my mother that she was sure everything would be fine and we should enjoy the day. We all ended up going to MK. When we got back to the resort they moved us all to club level Tower rooms. In my mother's room there was a birthday card from Mickey and Minnie some balloons and a Minnie plush doll. Best part of all, Disney found my family with my niece and made sure she had transportation back to Disney and got us (I still have no idea how they did this one) all seated together at dinner at Ohana since we couldn't get reservations for everyone with last minute bookings. My mother looks at that card and doll every single day and talks about that birthday all the time.

I can't thank Disney enough for all magical pixie dust memories that I have experienced over the years.

This past April we were in Epcot, we were a party of 5 adults and 4 kids under 6. We had promised the kids Mickey ice cream after lunch, they had been torturing us since 10am. We ate in France and were walking around World Showcase and there were no Mickey Ice creams to be found (of course there were plenty of fancy treats that I would have loved to have tried but the kids were set on Mickey). We made it to America with no luck and sat down to distribute water, hit the bathrooms, rest in the shade etc. I saw a cast member and asked her if she knew where the nearest Mickey ice cream was. She wasn't sure but went to investigate and came back and told us that even though it wasn't on the menu we could get them at the Liberty Inn. My DH and FIL went to bring back the ice cream but were gone for a long time. The CM came back to our group and said she went into the restaurant to make sure my DH was able to get the ice cream and didn't see him. I got a text from him that they didn't have the ice cream so he was continuing his search. This made the CM very anxious, it was her MISSION to get us that ice cream. To be honest I was a bit embarrassed at all the fuss. Finally my DH came back, he literally walked to China and didn't find any ice cream. The CM marched us all into Liberty Inn and asked another CM who was sweeping to please get ice cream for the kids. She came back with a handful of bars and my ungrateful children started complaining that they wanted the sandwich not the bar. I was Mortified. Before I could grab anyone they ran to the back and grabbed another handful of ice creams until everyone was happy. I asked to send back the extra ice creams but they said once they come out of the freezer they can't put them back for sanitary reasons so all of the adults got ice creams too on the house. The CM also pulled out ROLLS of the Mickey stickers and handed them to the kids. I made sure to tell the kids not to expect this kind of Disney magic in real life. I am sure they didn't fully appreciate what that CM did for us but I will never forget! pixiedust:

Nothing huge here but in the Year of One Million Dreams random guests were given a block of Fast Passes on a card for the major attractions and we were chosen twice in 8 days. Unfortunately both times we had already done o few of the rides so we ended up passing them along to others as we left the park.

Bill From PA

We've gotten some "No Strings Attached" FPs & free water bottles/snacks, and even a complimentary upgrade from a WL studio to a 1 BR Savannah view @ AKL (due to construction) but the story my family still talks about is from last August. We got caught in a famous Florida afternoon thunderstorm in Epcot. All of our planned character meets in the World Showcase were closed due to weather so we showed up 1.5 hrs early for our Via Napoli ADR. My 6 year old was soaked and they were blasting the air conditioning -- it was August, afterall. Anyway, the waiter must have seen her shivering and before he took our orders he came over with a table cloth folded like a blanket to wrap around her and a hot chocolate! It was so nice, above & beyond. Only at Disney.

An upgraded room from Garden Wing to the Tower. That was pretty fun! Finding Peter Pan by himself (and handler of course) off the boat dock at the Contemporary and having him have a long conversation with our boys. Totally cute and unexpected. Neither were expected and really did not make a huge difference in our trip but was cute and fun.

Best paid for memory pixie or whatever was having my ds hair cut at the barber and getting his hair pixie dusted. That stuff never came out but was memorable for the whole family as it got on everyone and created many jokes.

On our honeymoon, there were balloons and a signed photo from Mickey and Minnie in our room. I thought that was special...I saved the Mickey-shaped balloon weights.

In 2011 our kids were 1 and 3. We stopped to take a break behind the Christmas shop in MK and to let the little guy run around for awhile outside of the stroller as there was no one in that area. A CM came up with a bubble wand and started blowing bubbles for them to chase. They were having a great time when a photopass photographer walked by and stopped and started taking pictures of the kids. Then, out of the blue Peter Pan jumped in and started playing with them! A few CM's blocked off the area so our kids were the only ones chasing bubbles with Peter Pan running around with them! It was a true Disney Magic moment - the first trip for them and DH and it is my favorite memory of all of our trips since.

2005...son was picked on his 8th birthday to open Hollywood Studios; they took us into the empty park and we took a picture by the hat, with my son holding a director's clapper. We went to the turnstiles where a CM announced to the crowd it was his birthday and then had him count down from 10, then everyone cheered. He got alot of attention all day! (He was wearing a custom-painted tshirt by husband made).

In 2012, another custom tee caught the attention of a cm, again on sons birthday! 15th! We were picked to be Grand Marshals of the 3pm parade. We rode in a car, had our own photographer, Mickey ears with our names, and a private, but fast, meeting with characters after. I loved it!!!! Oh, we got a free 8x10, too.

Honestly, we've had so much pixie dust!!! But my son and hubby are both actors, so theyre outgoing and lovable. My daughter is shy, but a Disney freak. She was picked in 2011 to sing with the Dapper Dans in DL, she has a beautiful voice, but was so red in the face! We have also had extraordinary moments with characters, especially a time with the Incredibles, where Mr. Incredible went crazy with us and spent so much time, we were worried we made everyone in line mad. I also once handed Chip and Dale some acorns I picked up on Tom Sawyers island, and they grabbed Donald from the next room to show him (-this was in the old area they used to meet in Fantasyland). My son gets crazy pixie dust just due to his personality, he gets free cookies, etc...and he is 18 now, but cms always love him. He is a goof ball!

Hubby and I going solo in August for 25th anniversary...I never expect pixie dust, but I appreciate when I get it. Truly some of my favorite moments in my life have been at wdw, since my first trip at age 8 in 1976!!!

For us, it happened last year. We're from SoCal but decided to get married in Florida. It was our Vacation/Wedding/Honeymoon trip. We got engaged at the Grand Californian Hotel and thought we'd start the trip there. We've always wanted to do Disneyland/Walt Disney World in the same day so we started out by staying there ... Booked a standard room. To our amazement, they upgraded us to the Arroyo Suite

857DB27B-28A6-413D-8E6A-F7C0DEF7FDE5_zpsogpt8hwe.jpg

508B0FE0-0F61-4665-A1B0-EAF63C37ABB2_zpsthvrixcs.jpg

06BBB5A6-ABBD-4BE5-B2AF-C1BE2BC8F266_zpsartmdu3v.jpg

It was simply an amazing way to start our trip ... We almost didn't want to leave the room and unfortunately we had to leave very early the following morning to head to WDW. We started our WDW trip by staying at POR for our vacation part of our trip (first 4 nights) and had an enjoyable time. Our next stop was the GF. Since it was for our wedding and part of our honeymoon we decided to really splurge and book a RPC King room. Once again, we were shocked by another amazing upgrade ... The Walt Disney Suite.

EC9C26EA-EED3-40E7-B4AE-8CB4320AD2D4_zpsp35ofru0.jpg

DB3ED9D5-4E75-4CCC-93C2-0EFB1302C859_zpsqvh3nztq.jpg

6C3AF943-9C12-4723-B705-0747DCC1E2AC_zps3u98oc0s.jpg

It was enormous ... Just the two of us in a 1700 sq ft suite! The last surprise for us was also incredible, since it was just the two of us we went with the most basic ceremony/package located at the GF ... It was to take place near the marina dock with the magic kingdom in the background. It turns out there was some construction materials to the left of the site (across the lake) so they upgraded us to the wedding pavilion for our ceremony (which wasn't available for our package and would have cost more than twice as much).

AA48ECDF-8AB6-4B25-AD8A-AAFE52877FBF_zpscxyclc2u.jpg

24BAD1A9-0CFA-4A69-B32F-C50B8862A3B2_zps5y2xdpnl.jpg

7BBED43E-38A1-4834-86C3-36548A08059C_zpsilz7irmo.jpg

It truly felt magical to us since we never asked for any special upgrades or special treatment. Best trip ever:) We finished our trip/honeymoon at the Poly but it paled in comparison to the GF

Last edited:
The day before our sons second birthday he fell at medieval times and ended up with a spiral fracture. He spent his second birthday in surgery and ended up in a half body cast with a bar between the legs,we still had 6days of vs action left. We decided to go to Hollywood studios so he could see the parade and dome characters. He also had a 4 year old sister that was hoping stir crazy. We bought a wagon to use as a wheelchair as per the hospital s suggestion. We went through security and I stopped at guest relations to see if we could get it marked as a wheelchair. They told me we could not use it in the park and I started to cry. They ended up renting us a double stroller that we made work with some modifications.
The next day we went to NO. I asked about handicapped sections for the parade an rd wE arrived early to the handicapped section. This was going to be the redo of his birthday he spent in the hospital. I had bought the happy birthday ears before the injury at downtown disney . H we had his pin and we tried to celebrate.
Anyways a cm came over ad they were roping it off , wished him happy birthday and asked who his favorite character was
, he gladly told her Donald duck. The parade we started and he got tons of attention from the characters yelling happy birthday. Then Donald duck came over, and hugged him and told him happy birthday. I balled my eyes out. It was so special and just what we needed. I looked for that cm the rest of the trip but never saw her. I did call and write a letter as I noticed her name tag.
Later that day everyone was off in tomorrow land and I stayed behind with the carriage and DS. Another CM from Buzz lightyear came over and asked if he wanted to ride buzz. I was like are you nuts he's in a body cast. He told Mr they had as special car. I was like no thanks. He came back again and said come on he's meeting buzz. He then took us ahead of every one in line to meet buzz. I thought people would be mad and give us looks but the cast was huge and everyone was nice. They gave him a space ranger award and sticker. I was so happy as he just had a toy story party before the trip.
DH came back and while I was telling him the CM came back and said are you ready for the ride.DH Sat in the wheelchair they got for him and put DS on his . Lap. They got him in secure and we went on t h e ride. They offered us another turn but we declined.
Those 2 cast members made our trip. We were sad, scared and . Miserable but they truly made the horrible trip special.
The buzz cm told me he had a little boy DS age and that is why he kept coming back over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter