best and worse meal of your last trip to WDW?

Best: Ohana dinner. We had only ever done breakfast at Ohana before but loved dinner and will do that again soon.

Worst: Satuli Canteen - beef and chicken were both very chewy and felt undercooked or like it was sitting out in a warmer for 2 hours. Not a great first experience.
Also Boardwalk Bakery for one of the worst sandwiches I've ever had. It's my own fault though, it was later (8 pm) and I just wanted to grab something quick. Bad choice and I won't make that mistake again.

Best: Cape May dinner buffet. LOVE crab legs, and they were super tasty.

Worst: Be Our Guest breakfast. We had never eaten at BOG before, and wanted to test the hype. Got a last minute breakfast reservation, but we were put off by the really low quality food (comparably) and really overpriced menu.

This was from February 2018. We'll be back either in September or December, and we hope to redeem BOG by getting dinner from the new menu.

Its been 6 years :lmao: but when I think of the worst meal food wise, I'd have to say Cinderella's Castle. Best, Sanaa.

My last "trip" was a one night stop over so we only ate at 'Ohana and service and food were great. The trip before that, service at 'Ohana was terrible.
The last actual (more than one night) trip: Best- Yak & Yeti, food and service were exceptional.
Worst: Sci-Fi and 'Ohana (two of our usual favorites)- Sci-Fi for the food- I always get the pasta with chicken. They had changed the recipe according to the menu. I had them leave off the red pepper and one other ingredient. The pasta was SO spicy I couldn't eat it. I choked down a few bites since I didn't want to waste money, but I thought I was going to die....and they weren't too quick with the drink refills (slow service all around ) so after depleting mine I had to drink some of my son's drink to help put out the fire. Not sure what they put on this since I left out the only thing the menu mentioned that would have made it spicy.
'Ohana the service was SUPER slow and the server acted like she did not want to be there. We had been sitting probably 15 mins before she even came to table and took our drink order. The time between meats was very slow too....we were sitting for 10 mins or more with empty plates waiting on the next meat. The whole meal took over 2 hours.

Best: Homecomin'. I highly recommend it. The chicken was unlike anything I've ever had, hush puppies were good, service was on point.

Worst: Yak and Yeti. Server rushed us to order, then forgot our appetizers, never apologized, then over-charged us after claiming he "comped us" our appetizers.

Feb 2018

Best: Tusker House dinner. Loved it so much that I have it scheduled again for an upcoming trip.

Worst: short trip, so there really wasn't a worst. Food was good at Biergarten, but was probably the "worst" experience we had. Our table mates were a group of 3 (two boys, one girl) 18-20 year-olds. There were already 5 of us seated and when those three came up to the table, they stared at the host; obviously they had no idea they'd be sharing a table. There was one empty seat next to me and two on the other side. The girl and youngest boy jumped on the other two seats and the third boy said, "gee, thanks". I looked at him and said, "I promise I won't bite you". He didn't think it was funny. at. all. and scooted his chair almost out into the aisle!! :rotfl: I enjoyed watching them during the meal; the girl ate one plate of lettuce with ranch dressing, the younger boy ate only strudel and the boy so happily seated next to me had three plates of bratwurst. They looked at their phones the whole time and only spoke when they wanted to show each other something on a phone. They left before I even got through half of my grapefruit beer. So not really worst, but funny. I have a DS10 and all I could think about was him getting older while watching/listening to those three! :scratchin

So, let me preface this with the fact that I didn't have a terrible meal on my last trip. I would go to any of the places again.

Worst: Chef Mickeys- I would go here again, but likely only if it was a family trip with the kids. It was just ok; nothing spectacular to report.
Best: Pecos Bill- I love this place! We ate there twice on the last trip actually and I'm looking forward to eating there again on the next one!

Last trip Feb. 2017...
Best meal - Spice Road Table, the rack of lamb....soooo good, and the service was amazing, and the view was great. Will be going back here. If I lived in Central Florida and had an AP, this would be my go to restaurant to relax and eat good food.

Most Surprising meal - GF tea...I didn't have super high expectations, but it blew those out of the water. Really enjoyed it and walked away way fuller then I expected.

Worst meal - Not my worst of all time at WDW, but more disappointing then anything was BOG dinner. Had eaten here two year's before and had the steak. It was great. This time, I got an exceptionally grisly piece. Wasn't cooked quite right and wasn't as good as before. I should have sent it back, but we were on a little bit of a time crunch. Now my mom's chicken was wonderful. I also wouldn't eat in the main dining room again. Previously, I'd eaten in the West Wing, and that was much nicer. I will try it again, especially with the new menu.

Best: California Grill, hands down the best meal I've ever had at Disney and probably anywhere. We went for my birthday and got perfect window seats for the fireworks. I had the filet and it was amazing, along with the goat cheese ravioli. Our service was outstanding as well.

Worst: Not terrible by any means, but it was probably the Brown Derby. Food was okay, service was just okay as well. Not the restaurant's fault, but the table next to us had the most obnoxious, ill-behaved children. The adults were all at the opposite end of the table drinking away and ignoring the kids. If the food had been better it could have cancelled out the bad, but it wasn't worth it.

Best: Ohana dinner - got seated right away, castle view, and the food was phenomenal. We both agreed it was the best meal of the trip.

Worst: Whispering Canyon lunch. We both got the skillet and just didn't find the food to be very good.

We went August 2017 and ate TS at O'hana, The Wave, Askershus, Crystal Palace, & Tusker House; QS at Contempo, random Epcot QS places, BOG, & Kona Cafe

Best: For 2 different reasons, but The Wave for the delicious food and chill vibe. Crystal Palace because my 9 year old has slept with a stuffed pooh bear since he was born and when he got the chance to hug Pooh, he teared up, which of course made me cry, and it is just etched on my heart as a great memory.

Worst: BOG Lunch. The only place I felt bad about bringing my family. That food was horrible and it was like a glorified cafeteria. My sandwich and wilting fries were just gross. We sat in the "rose" room so I suppose that was neat, but my husband quickly let me know he wouldn't be dining there again.

Just got back. Only had 4 sit down meals. Otherwise we were on the run with whatever we could get quickly - usually a hot dog/burger/nuggets - that was pretty much standard and nothing mind blowing.

Best - Cinderella's Royal Table, we had lunch at - Best Meal of the entire trip. Service was a little slow but we did see princess Aurora, Jasmine, Snow White, Cinderella, and Ariel. I had the meat and cheese(meh), beef and shrimp(very tasty), and raspberry cheesecake(good). Can't really remember what the husband had but he seemed happy with everything. Kids were being very difficult due to being hungry and tired for so long.
Tie for the worst -
We ate at the Pepper Market for dinner at CSR, basically crappy cafeteria food. You think the tacos would be better but due to the tortillas being of a poor quality it ruined the meal.
The last night we made a last minute reservation at The Wave at the Contemporary. We waited 30 min to be seated- after our ADR time. Then it took 10 min for the waitress to show up - saying sorry bc they were soo busy. (There were at least 10 empty tables!) We ordered food right away but then she didn't ask for our drink orders until after the appetizers showed up. Kids were extremely cranky because by the time the food finally came we'd already been there an hour. Husband had ordered the pasta dish telling the kitchen about his food allergies, food came out w/ stuff he was allergic to on the plate. At this point he said forget it. I had the steak - which was very good. Basically the place was missing probably 2 servers which threw everything off.

Side note: We had a late breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, and it was good. Everyone got what they wanted and we took pics with the characters. We did wait 20 min to be seated after our ADR time.

From last June:
Best: Garden Grill Lunch, great character time, didn’t feel rushed. Food was great and we enjoyed the revolving scenery.
Worst: Casey’s hot dogs, I have tried on two trips now to simply get hot dogs for my kids here. The line just doesn’t move, it is chaos. Stood in line for over half an hour and did not even budge. These hot dogs just aren’t meant to be for our gang.

let me start by saying thanks for opening this thread. People's opinions on dining at is always interesting. As you can see from the posts, the only thing consistent about dining in wdw is its inconsistency. So, our last trip:

Best - Boma, hands down. It was our first time there and we cannot wait to go back. Food was excellent.

Worst - Garden Grill. It is disappointing to write this, because that has always been one of our go-to places since the kids were small. Last trip it was just terrible. Food wasn't very good and the service was actually worse. We are kids at heart and still love the character interaction. This stop they seemed completely disinterested. DS is now over 21 and he ordered a drink, which never came, but did end up on the check.

Best: Boma dinner

Worst: Ohana dinner... it wasnt awful or anything just underwhelming considering the hype and price. I know Disney meals are expensive and I can adjust my mindset value-wise but this was really the first time at Disney I felt truly ripped off paying the bill.

Best - Tie for best between Bon Voyage Breakfast and Via Napoli

Worst - Tony's, I knew better but alas went against my own judgement

From last June:
Best: Garden Grill Lunch, great character time, didn’t feel rushed. Food was great and we enjoyed the revolving scenery.
Worst: Casey’s hot dogs, I have tried on two trips now to simply get hot dogs for my kids here. The line just doesn’t move, it is chaos. Stood in line for over half an hour and did not even budge. These hot dogs just aren’t meant to be for our gang.

Did you ever try before they changed the buns ? They used to be good then changed the buns to a thick stale mess ... when we go we do a topped dog without the bun .. it actually works , and YES that place is a mess !!! They make it worse by funneling the crowds through there at night ..

Our last trip was August 2017:

Best - Liberty Tree Tavern lunch
Worst - Akershus breakfast. Worth it for the Princesses without the CRT price tag, but the food options were meh, a bit slow to replenish, and seating area was tight.

Best is a three way tie between:
Spice Road - I was seated inside while a rain front blew thru and it was nice and cozy to be out of the rain and the service was excellent
Les Halles - there was a group of us and we had a lovely conversation about life, and cheese
Sleepy Hallow - always love the Nutella and Fruit Waffle

Worst would have to be settling for a hamburger at the POP Food court.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter