best and worse meal of your last trip to WDW?

It’s been a few years.

Best: Citricos, a must do for us,always great.

Worst: Fulton’s, we used to like it a lot, but the last time we were there (not long before permanently closed) we had mediocre food and service was seriously lacking.

December: Best- Marrakesh. Food was absolutely delicious, all of it. Service was phenomenal. Love the ambiance and decor here as well.
Worst- Yachtsman. Mostly, it was the disappointment. Filet was superb, but lobster was average at best as were sides and desert. Our server was wonderful.

January: Best- Rose & Crown. Had an excellent meal outside. Fish and chips and the bangers and mash were great, the scotch flight was amazing, and the service and view were delightful.
Worst- Yak and Yeti QS. Food was OK, the service and the way they handled the line was horrible. People in the kitchen w/ full beards and no net/mask -yuck. Never again.

March: Best- Hoop Dee Review What can I say? The food was simple but delicious and the show is as entertaining as ever. Love it.
Worst- Geyser Point Let me say that this remains a great place to stop, get a drink, and relax in front of Bay Lake. I have it here because the food we got was. . .not good.
Honorable mention for Best: Breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe. Service, food quality, and atmosphere were all very, very good.

Despite the "best" and "worst" labels, I would not hesitate to return to any of these places except Yak & Yeti, although it's difficult to justify $200 for 2 at Yachtsman with Shula's across the way.

Just curious-what did you have a Boatright's? We've been meaning to try that one, but now having second thoughts.
I realize I am not the person you were asking ;) but just had to throw in my .02! We LOVED Boatwright when we went last time, you should go ahead and try it for yourself.

Best - Via Napoli at Italy at EPCOT -- they have the best pizza and salads. The Pepperoni or the Carciofi pizzas are amazing.
Worst - Chef de France at EPCOT -- I ordered the Salmon and it was too dry from my taste (well done). I should have sent back.

There are so many great dining options at Disney parks and resorts. They offer such a wide selection of food and desserts it's hard to go wrong anywhere.

We try to visit every few years and our favorites are:

Breakfast - Boma, WCC, Crystal Palace, Cape May, Tusker House, and Trail’s End.
Lunch - Liberty Tree Tavern, Coral Reef, Tutto Italia, Rainforest Cafe AK, and Hollywood Brown Derby.
Dinner - Tony’s, BOG, Le Cellier, Coral Reef, Chefs, Boma, and 50’s PTC.

We pretty much eat at TS for all meals due to a few family members with food allergies and we have been very lucky that we really have had great experiences.

From our December trip

Best - Marrakesh. Had the candlelight pkg here. the service was attentive and excellent. The food was delicious. Loved the lamb! The belly dancer entertainment was fun. Only downside was low sitting chairs.

Worst - Skippers Canteen. Not our first time here. Good cast member though. No bread. My entree was suppose to have broccolini. No, it was broccoli rabe. Falafel was on the dry side. Felt rushed but knew they were closing for MVMCP. Dh said his steak was ok. We skipped dessert.

December for us.

Best-Narcoossees Brunch. We really enjoyed everything and the service was good .We ate so much that dinner was Mickey pretzels many, many hours later! Sorry that they aren't doing it anymore. Honorable mention to The Boathouse. We've been lucky there and have always had a good to great meal and always have had good servers.

Worst( wasn't really a worst)-Raglan Road. We all enjoyed our meals and dessert was a huge hit. Loved the bread pudding! Service was an issue. We waited quite a while for our server to get our drink order, then serve them. Meals took a long time. It was long enough that the manager came over to apologize. That said, we would have no problem eating there again.

Best: Omakase Experience at Morimoto Asia. One of my best meals EVER.
Worst: Epcot Food & Wine booths. Only BDE (bad dining experience) of my entire trip.
All of my sit-down meals were really good on my last trip.

Best: Yachtsman- always great food and atmosphere

Worst:Thanksgiving dinner at Cape May-so terrible:crazy2:

Best: La Hacienda de San Angel. Blew me out of the park. We loved everything we ate, and our server was so much fun!

Worst: Spirit of Aloha. The food was just not good and nobody cared for the first half of the show.

Best: La Hacienda de San Angel. Blew me out of the park. We loved everything we ate, and our server was so much fun!

Worst: Spirit of Aloha. The food was just not good and nobody cared for the first half of the show.

Hmmm, was just discussing the possibility of SoA with my traveling party for our trip in June, but have seen mixed reviews. I don’t want to pay that much for food that’s not good!

Best - a tie! Cape May Clambake & 'Ohana
Here now - just ate at these plus others that we enjoyed, just not excellent!

Worse - Liberty Tree Tavern - not terrible, just nothing that we will repeat. Dh & I both had the Patriot's Platters - just blah, not much flavor to meats at all. The Toffee cake that we have heard so much about was just very sweet, not much to the cake - mostly ice cream. At least now we know for ourselves.

We went last May. The best restaurant was Grand Floridian Cafe. We had dinner and breakfast here. Both meals were delicious. I had the chicken and DH had the shrimp and grits for dinner. We had french toast and their pancakes with citrus I believe.He still talks about how good it was. The service was great.
The worst was Pecos Bills. Terrible food, crowded fixings bar, and lousy seating.

December 2017
Worst - a tie Garden Grove seafood buffet at Swan and Citricos. This was our first visit to GG - the food was inedible. We have loved Citricos in the past, but this meal was awful

Best - another tie - Jiko and Spice Table.

Oct. 2017
Best - Yak and Yeti - always our go to. We love, love the fried wonton dessert. The options for everyone in the party are great and the servers are good. Garden Grill Breakfast (We love the character interaction and the servers do a good job)
Worst - SciFi (This was our 2nd time there to give it another try. My kids didn't like the atmosphere, our server was terrible, and the food was ok at best.). We won't go back.

Best: Chefs deFrance. There was no worse, just not quite as good. I can say i was disapointed by Teppan Edo. The food was ok but we get a better showcat our local small town habachi restaurant. With that said I can not remember a meal at Disney that was terrible.
I feel the same way about Teppan Edo. It isn’t bad but if you have a Hibachi restaurant where you live you will probably be disappointed.

Our best meal was probably California Grill and 50’s Primetime.

Just for fun - what meal did you enjoy most and least during your last trip, or if you are lucky to live near and visit all the time - last 12 months?

Best: Victoria & Alberts (main dining room this trip). We opted for the 10 course and I added the osetra first course.

Worst: Yachtsman Steakhouse - service was rushed, entrees came out two minutes after appetizers. My strip was overcooked and the second cut was cooked right, but had a ton of gristle and just ended up eating around and through what I could. I'd chalk it up to an outlier experience, as YS is usually one of our favorites.

Best: Everything we had at F&W! I seriously don't think I could pick a favorite, and it was my absolute favorite dining experience I've ever had at WDW.
Worst: Pinocchio Village Haus. Occasionally I really like their pizza, but sometimes it'll be bad. Last trip it was bad. I prefer their Caprese pizza but this one tasted like it had been sitting out for hours. Unfortunately it's somewhere DD always likes to eat, so I just suck it up and cross my fingers!

Best: Homecomin’
From appetizers to desserts, the best meal I’ve had in WDW and glad I didn’t skip it based on the higher prices.

Worst: Pinocchio Village Haus
How do you mess up chicken and pasta? Don’t know, but it was the worst I’ve had and the busy chaotic restaurant isn’t worth the money.

Worst, BOG, not going back ever. Over priced, even for Disney, value and quality as well as portion sizes were truly wanting. This is followed closely by the Princess buffet at Norway.

Best was probably Bomas for breakfast or Whispering Canyon for breakfast and lunch. Geyser Point for lunch was pretty good too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter