best and worse meal of your last trip to WDW?

My most recent trip was December 2017.

Best: Be Our Guest- Appetizers and Entrees were fantastic this trip. Service was great. Also, California Grill brunch was delicious!

Worst: Chef Mickey's. My children insist that we eat here each trip, so unfortunately I will probably be back. The food has never been wonderful, but decent. This last trip it was terrible. What irritates me the most about the place, is the dirty silverware and glasses that we received.

Dec 2017.

Best: Skipper Canteen. We had gone to Tiffins the day before, and it was totally amazing of course, but we enjoyed Skipper Canteen nearly as much and it was SOOO much cheaper. Runner up: BOG Dinner. Another "wow, this was much cheaper than it felt" meal.

Worst: My much-beloved Ohana breakfast. We waited for forty minutes AFTER our ADR time just to get seated, and food was cold and basically it was such a drag. We waited in line for Stitch during the wait so at least I got my fave character, after that when we got inside we were cramming food into kiddo mouths just to get out of there in time for our ME departure.

WORST - The same thing happened to us at our Ohana breakfast - also got seated 40 minutes after our ADR time (despite getting there 15 minutes prior to check in AND letting the manager know 20 minutes past ADR time we also had an unacceptable wait to be seated at our last visit) Plus after the parade Pluto skipped our table - I told the CM who just shrugged.

BEST - Narccoosees - it's always our best meal at WDW

December 2016 -

BEST: Boma dinner! We had a 5p ADR and everything was super fresh and delicious.

WORST: Coral Reef.

Best was Yak & Yeti. The Kobe burger with smoked Gouda and mushrooms was one of these most delicious things I ever ate.

Worst? We didn’t have any bad meals so I can’t say. I enjoy most of the food I have when I go to WDW. I guess I can say that I was disappointed that the crab legs at the Garden Grove weren’t as good as the previous year, but it was still a great meal overall. :)

Best : pecos bills ( the new menu with cauliflower tacos ) amazing ..
GF tea room
Contempo Cafe

Worst : poly captain cooks , few options and just upset my stomach
Dry pastries, rock hard waffles
- Casey’s .. wow those buns just don’t get any better YUCK
- ohana in room dining ( free so glad I didn’t pay for it ) food was dry and over salted
Best thing at flower / garden : lemon scone with berry & the fruit sushi

We only did counter service last trip.

Best: Satulii Canteen, The Polite Pig, Blaze Pizza, BOG lunch

We didn't have any bad meals, but I'm not loving Columbia Harbour House like I used to since they got rid of The Lighthouse sandwich.

Last trip in Jan 2018 (four nights) we ate at Olivia's four times - three for breakfast and once for dinner. We love eating at Olivia's. And that was all we ate other than offsite.
Trip before was Dec 2018 for one night and we ate at the Boathouse and it was excellent. We have a reservation for there again in May. The Baked Crab Stuffed Whole Lobster was delicious and I ate it all. My hands were covered in butter. My husband got the Filet Mignon Oscar style and he though it was very good.

Don't have any recent bad dinners, but the past ones were Tony's and Big River Grill & Brew Works.

Sept 2017

Best: Shula's Steakhouse: Great meal and service. I had the filet milgon and it was terrific. It tasted so good. The manager even came over and introduced himself. It was top notch service and food.

Worst: Sci-Fi dinner: The burger was just ok and the rest of the food was very bland. I just didn't care for it.

Best: ohana. Everything was hot and fresh.
Worst: Coral Reef. The shrimp and grits was amazing, but everything’s else was really bland and almost tasteless.

Best - Sanaa (Mine); Yachtman Steakhouse (my wife's favorite)
Close 2nd - Victoria & Alberts

Worst - Boatwrights (only bad meal we had)

Best: BOG or Chefs de France (frances food was a bit better but the atmosphere at BOG can’t be beat!)

Worst: Crystal Palace. It’s not that it was horrible, but we are buffet people and I was very unimpressed. We had to wait awhile to get seated, the food choices were just ok, the dessert choices were pretty bad, and we had to have a manager stalk down the characters because we were long since done and only ONE made it to our table.

Best: Jiko for TS and Satu'li Canteen for CS

Worst: By far Columbia Harbor House- this is actually the second bad meal in two trips. Everything was cold and bland and my salad greens were not fresh at all. I know that others like it, but CHH is officially off my list, if DH wants to eat there he can, but I will be going elsewhere. Our worst TS meal was Homecomin', it wasn't bad per-se, but it was mediocre southern food and did not even remotely live up to the hype.

Best - Garden Grill breakfast. The food was fresh & hot. And we loved the rotating restaurant.

Worst - Hollywood & Vine. We had a PPO reservation, but the fruit was mushy like it was old. the waffles tasted like store-brand frozen waffles. The buffet was really small and there wasn't a good selection.

CRT is a close second for worst. The portion sizes were TINY, and the restaurant was way too loud that we couldn't hear any of the announcements for the princesses.

Best: tie between Be Our Guest dinner and Garden Grill lunch/dinner

Worst: hands down Columbia Harbor House

Worst value for the money: Ohana Breakfast

I loved Ohana breakfast but paying oop gave me sticker shock.

Best: Cape May Cafe Breakfast. I was so pleasantly surprised by the variety and freshness.
Worst: Bon Voyage breakfast...our server was awful and the food was just OK. The characters were awesome though!

Last trip was in March.

Best is tough because we had a lot of good meals, but I will go with Artist Point. No wait, excellent service, great food and nice quiet atmosphere.

Worst was easily Biergarten. Long wait, crowded, seated down on floor where stranger's kids were running around and hanging at our table (near water feature in corner), loud, food is meh, crazy buffet people. It was a family must do for years, then went off our list due to above mentioned issues, and this was a first visit in a while and....fail, back off the list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter