best and worse meal of your last trip to WDW?

From my last trip (summer 2017), my best meal was at Flame Tree Barbecue in Animal Kingdom. My worst meal was at Rosie’s All-American Cafe in Hollywood Studios.

This is a fasinating thread. It is amazing how a restaurant can be the best for some and the worse for others. A very subjective topic.

that's why I said just for fun. Our best meal 2014 is Hollywood Brown Derby, it was our worse 2016! Still fun to read

Best--Kona for breakfast--the flight of Mimosas made the meal and the coffee was perfect. I would also throw in Ragland Road for dinner---Sod the Stew TO DIE FOR!!!!
worst--and it breaks my heart to say this but BOG lunch. They serve my favorite sandwich in all of the World--the grilled ham and cheese. It has been an every trip thing since the place opened. This time they ruined it for me. I don't think I will ever be able to eat it again. It was cold and greasy and just plain gross. It was so bad that we requested a refund and went to Pecos Bills for the Taco trio---which was great.

BEST: Hard to call, I would say it was either Liberty Tree Tavern dinner or our dinner at Be Our Guest. I was pleasantly surprised by LTT. I had moderately low expectations going in just because it was pretty standard fare as far as food goes and nothing really exotic, but holy cow did I get blown away. Everything the brought to the table was fantastic. This could be a case of it exceeding expectation so it stands out more than others, but I'll definitely be booking there again.

For BOG the food was great but the real story here is the atmosphere of the ball room. It was a really magical experience and I don't think Disney has anything on property that is quite as immersive as BOG. The food was really really delicious as well, but oh man it's all about the immersive atmosphere here.

WORST: For me it was Biergarten. I just did not enjoy any of the food. The beer was superb, but everything else disappointed. My Fiance would certainly disagree. She loved it. So I guess this one is just a matter of personal preference and not just bad food.

I have to throw this in....

Breakfast at Garden Grill is somewhat of a tradition and it never let's me down. I just love the place.

Best - Jiko: Cheese and Charcuturie, Filet with Mac and Cheese, and Kilamanjaro dessert. Shoutout to Garden Grill Breakfast.

Worst - Teppan Edo - Steak and Shrimp. Just wasn't good at all. Rainforest Cafe also wasn't anything special.

Best: Yak and Yeti sit down - Food was really good and service was great. I had the sweet and sour chicken with white rice. Enjoyed the whole meal a lot. We also enjoyed lunch at BOG. I had the braised pork and it was fantastic.

Marakesh at Epcot also gets a big thumbs up. Great meal and fun - looking forward to returning.

Worst: Columbia Harbour House - Food looked like it was just slapped together in a rush and it didn't taste that great. I had the lobster roll. Had it before and thought it was okay, which is why I got it again. This time it was a mushy mess with very little lobster in it. We have eaten here in past and it was fine, but after this last time we won't be returning.

Last went August 2017

Best: Biergarten at Germany pavillon in Epcot. Sooo good and easy to get a last minute reservation. I tried so much food, and particularly remember loving the roasted chicken. The show they put on every hour was awesome too.

Worst: Morimoto Asia. Food was pretty good but the servers are like robots and constantly try to up-sell you. :( It's annoying because I will gladly get another glass of champs or dessert but it's just annoying and robotic and dampens the mood.

JANUARY 2018
BEST: Spice Road Table for TS, POFQ Sassagoula Floatworks for QS
WORST: Katsura Grill (Japan QS)

July 2017

Best: Ohana. Meats were all done perfectly and service was great. They brought more pot stickers and wings when we asked for them and never felt rushed. Have been to Ohana 9 times and have had a great experience and meal 8 of those visits

Worst: Flame Tree BBQ. My ribs were fatty and chewy, was hard to say this about a place which has been so yummy in the past

Best was Ohana. Great food and view! Worst was Columbia House which is usually a favorite. Fish over cooked and tasted like old oil.

Thanksgiving 2017

Best: buffet at Shades of Green, 50s Prime Time (this one has quickly become a family favorite)

Worst: everything was good, but I guess I'd say BOG lunch. It just wasn't as delicious as it used to be.

Regarding Ohana breakfast: we ate there in April 2017 and it was a terrible experience. We also waited over 40 minutes past our reservation time. By then, breakfast was winding down and the characters were rushing through. The food was good and fresh. But when you're paying OOP, you just want to have an amazing experience.

Just for fun - what meal did you enjoy most and least during your last trip, or if you are lucky to live near and visit all the time - last 12 months?

Hmm... last trip was October 2017, F&W.

Had a lot of great meals, I hate to be a cliche but the best was my old standby/favorite, the pork over goat cheese polenta at California Grill (I never get tired of it!)

I don't remember any terrible ones per se. I wasn't super thrilled with the tuna sandwich I got at Artist's Palette at SSR. I mean, it was okay, I guess.

From our 2017 trip

Worst: Ohana dinner
Best: probably Tiffins, but we had a few really good meals.

From October 2017 - We did not have a bad meal - some were just better than others:

Best - Sanaa: My DH and I loved the bread service. I think we would go back just for that. I also loved the Butter Chicken - made it at home just recently because I like it so much.
Sci-Fi - The food was very good and loved the atmosphere.

Worst - Coral Reef: It was not bad, just don't order a well done steak. My DH and DD loved their food. We also had a great view of the aquarium and a wonderful server.

On my last trip the worst meal for me was California Grill. I had the BLT flat bread....it wasnt good at all. I think it was the fake bacon flavour in their sauce that grossed me out. And I like bacon!

It's been 5 years, and I'll have more to report this year, but here's mine:

BEST - Hoop-Dee-Doo. The food was great (okay, it's not fancy, but it's tasty!) and the entertainment was hilarious. Going back again in December.
BOG lunch. Pre-ordered and sat in the bedroom room. We all liked the food and atmosphere.

WORST - Rainforest Cafe. Never, ever, ever again. Waited 45 minutes for a table (which isn't too bad while you're shopping). The waiter "lost" our order because we asked after 30 minutes. Then it was over an hour for our actual food...which arrived cold. And they only gave us the sodas for free.

MEH, but worth the mention: Rose and Crown. Had a late dinner there to watch Illuminations. Food was alright. The seating was SUPER tight on the patio. And if you do plan on what we did, make sure to cover your meal and/or drink with napkins, or they will be filled with ash. Ask me how I know...

Best: Victoria & Alberts
Best (that wasn't $$$$): Skipper's Canteen
Worst: Cosmic Rays

Trip 4/6/2018 - 4/14/2018.

Best meal Le Cellier, Ribeye for me, Filet for wife.

Worst meal Columbia Harbor House, land & Sea Trio for me, Shrimp & Fish Combo for my wide.

January-February 2018
Best
Boathouse, honorable mention to Olivia's- last minute reservation, great service, good food (wonderful gluten free dessert)

Worst
Frontera Cocina - it was good service, just extremely salty food

We did all QS meals except one on our last trip:

Best: Cosmic Rays-the bbq sandwich was good & we all loved the mango sorbet, which they no longer serve..., we ate there twice last trip. It's a definite for next trip.

Worst: Pinnochios-the meatball sub just wasn't good. We've been there before & everything was good. It's a maybe for next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter