best and worse meal of your last trip to WDW?

HappyGrape

DIS Veteran
Just for fun - what meal did you enjoy most and least during your last trip, or if you are lucky to live near and visit all the time - last 12 months?

Worst: "Coral Reef" We have eaten there 4 times. Twice, it was really really good. The other two times it was really really not so good. BOG ran a close second for the worst. Had the NY Strip (no flavor at all) and there was a hair in my food.
Best: "50's Prime Time Cafe"

Last edited:

We did mostly QS our last trip.

Best - Tie - AoA Landscape of Flavors/Satu'li Canteen
Worst - Pecos Bill. We used to love it there but it was so chaotic and the topping bar is ridiculously crowded. The food however was still good, just not a fun experience.

Best: yak and yeti - loved the food

Worst: skipper canteen - my daughter didn’t like a thing on the menu. They were very nice though, they made her french fries, even though I’m pretty sure it’s not on the menu.

For our last trip
Worst - Ohana - always one of our favourites, but it was not good. It seemed under staffed. They were just too busy to really take care of their tables and the food I found to be quite dry. It was an overall bad experience.
Best - Yachtsman - the food was amazing and service was great.

Best- Narccoossees. DH and I both had the Surf and Turf and it was so good.
Worst- Yachtsman. This was our first time here and I was so disappointed. I think we hit a bad night. Both of our steaks were over cooked. I sent mine back and the new one that came out wasn’t much better.

Best: 50's Prime Time - we were with our two sons (ages 16 and 27) and our oldest son's girlfriend. While we have always enjoyed our meals here, this was the first time our oldest son his girlfriend went to WDW with us and the restaurant is even more fun with a larger group.

Worst: Sadly Chef Mickey. I know the place always gets horrible reviews but I have always defended it. Our past visits the food has been fine, nothing to rave about, but it was decent. This last trip is the first time I felt that the poor quality of the food was noticeable. It just seemed very "institutional" to me. I think there are better characters buffets and, for the price, it is just not worth it to me anymore. My husband and son still like it so I am guessing we will go back again.

Best-Spice Road Table. The food was good but the best thing was sitting outside and spending time together while watching Illuminations. We had tapas and drinks here.

Worst:'Ohana. We haven't been in years and everyone thought the food had gone downhill. Our waiter was very slow in bringing the skewers a set well. Probably our last trip there.

Best: Chefs deFrance. There was no worse, just not quite as good. I can say i was disapointed by Teppan Edo. The food was ok but we get a better showcat our local small town habachi restaurant. With that said I can not remember a meal at Disney that was terrible.

love this thread. April 2018:

Best: Le Cellier. First time here. Loved it all. Expensive but worth a treat.
Worst: Whispering Canyon. Lunch - been once before at dinner. Loved the dinner. The lunch, was ok. Food was not as good, service was good but not as fun as the dinner experience we had. Shakes are ok - love prime time's better. Husband enjoyed his lunch though. I would probably give it another go for dinner. One thing to add it was a late lunch and we were at the end of the lunch hour.

Best: Yak & Yeti- We really loved the diverse menu. Both the food and the service were really good.
Worst: 'Ohana- The smoke from the grills made my husband really sick. He couldn't eat a thing after the appetizer. He didn't want to be wasteful and told the server not to bring him any of the skewered food. The server got really upset with us because of this and asked why we had gone to the restaurant if we weren't going to eat. I wouldn't go back not only because it made my husband sick but also because the server was rude. My husband not eating was not affecting the server. I was still eating and we still paid for both meals.

Best narccosse dinner amazing surf and turf and the coconut chocolate creme brulee was so good! Also breakfast at Trattoria al forna food, service, and character interaction the best! to be honest we had a lot of great meals

worst O haha food was cold, service was bad, and none of the fun stuff that is talked about happened music or races. never again!!!

Best - Artist Point. Best Filet Mignon ever!
Worst - Trails End dinner. YUUUCCCKKKKK. Literally looked like leftovers from the HDDR and BBQ.
Pretty close to best, Les Chefs de France (was my favorite years ago when they had the chateaubriand)
Pretty close to worst is a tie between CRT and BOG (food wise...still love the castles!!)

Best was Yatchman's. Steaks were great and so was the lobster bisque. While we had no bad food this trip the worst would be Cooke's of Dublin. Nothing was wrong with the food but the menu is now very limited.

Best: GF Cafe, BOG. Also, enjoyed Mara.

Worst: Columbia Harbor House but, to b fair, they were getting ready to close. I believe in 2nd chances and will definitely give this one another try!

Best: Rose and Crown. My DH and I eat here almost every trip, and the food is amazing! During our trip last January, we shared the United Kingdom Cheese Platter as an appetizer, and I had the Bangers and Mash for my entree. Both dishes were phenomenal!

Worst: Coral Reef. I’ve given this restaurant several tries in the past, but the food is always mediocre and not worth the prices.

Dec 2017.

Best: Skipper Canteen. We had gone to Tiffins the day before, and it was totally amazing of course, but we enjoyed Skipper Canteen nearly as much and it was SOOO much cheaper. Runner up: BOG Dinner. Another "wow, this was much cheaper than it felt" meal.

Worst: My much-beloved Ohana breakfast. We waited for forty minutes AFTER our ADR time just to get seated, and food was cold and basically it was such a drag. We waited in line for Stitch during the wait so at least I got my fave character, after that when we got inside we were cramming food into kiddo mouths just to get out of there in time for our ME departure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter