Anyone still watch Grey's Anatomy??

My daughter came home from college for the weekend. She gave up on Grey's a while back, but I have continued watching. Given our shared history of watching, I saved it and she watched with me tonight.

We had a moment where we looked at each other and enjoyed the retro feel of including Izzy in the story. But then we sat there and moaned our way through a pretty predictable and uninteresting episode.

This series had one of the best character departures with George. But they've struck out in recent years with Derek, Christina and now Alex. Boo. At least crash a chopper on the roof of the hospital or something. Oops, wrong series. ;)

It was ok, to bad they coudnt have Izzy and Krev on it, it would of been a classic

That was the most ridiculous ending for Alex! He turned out to be a huge jerk! Izzy had his babies without his knowledge and he feels compelled to go back to her? While he's married to Jo? So he breaks up with her in a letter? He doesn't even have the decency to face her and talk it out? Ugh.

Am I the only one who GUESSED that he was with Izzy? When I heard that they were going to give Alex a goodbye episode, my initial thought was well Izzy ran away and now Alex is doing the same thing. I bet they have Alex be with Izzy.

I actually like the way the sent him off. Much better than killing him or when they started showing the letters him killing himself.

My thoughts are all over the place with this episode. Part of me is so disappointed that Alex left Jo this way so soon after she had her breakdown. Another part of me is thrilled that he found out about his kids and gets to be their dad from here on out. Izzy should have let him know from the very beginning.

The episode itself I felt was very well done considering what they had to work with. I wonder what Alex's story would have been had Justin at least finished out the season. If Justin would have agreed to return for one more episode and say his goodbyes in person, I would have more respect for Alex right now.

I feel like Richard in his group session. I just wanted the chance to say goodbye. Even though we know where Alex is now, the viewers didn't get their goodbyes because he is already gone. And Jo certainly deserved to hear all of this in person. Her letter was definitely the worst thing Alex has ever done. His acknowledgement of that was spot on.

...And Jo certainly deserved to hear all of this in person. Her letter was definitely the worst thing Alex has ever done. His acknowledgement of that was spot on.

You know, I'm not so sure I wouldn't prefer a letter in that situation. I mean, it sucks for her either way, of course, but I don't think I'd want to have to react in front of the person. This way, she can digest it all, process her own thoughts, and then have all the control over how she responds to him.

You know, I'm not so sure I wouldn't prefer a letter in that situation. I mean, it sucks for her either way, of course, but I don't think I'd want to have to react in front of the person. This way, she can digest it all, process her own thoughts, and then have all the control over how she responds to him.
I tend to agree with you in the context of the show.

The only thing that does suck is you know she's not going to go after him, I doubt they'll write her even responding to him (they could I guess kinda wondering what her responses will be and how long they will focus on that as the season continues), so in a way it's better but it's also so one-sided.

He's ghosted her and while she could contact him nothing is really going to come out of that. In person she can scream, rant, cry, be shocked, or be numb or whatever. That's a big reason why I mentioned I was torn with the episode because being in person sounds great and what most of us would appreciate but then well they had to write him so that he was never going to come back (assumedly based on his rather sudden exit) so there had to be a finality to it where that door stays closed. The only way IMO to change that is if Jo's character leaves the show and they could write a plot point where she runs after him and convinces him to stay with her instead of Izzy. Chances of that happening seem pretty slim right now.

Anyone getting a Grey's Anatomy quiz at the bottom of the page?

I got 200 points.

I still watched.. despite disappointments like Alex going to back to Izzie, didn't like that twist, he was happy and fulfilled with Jo, they could have gone on a scholarship or something.. sad times... still hurts when they talk about Derek..

any one knows the true story of why J Chambers left suddenly?

Am I the only one who GUESSED that he was with Izzy? When I heard that they were going to give Alex a goodbye episode, my initial thought was well Izzy ran away and now Alex is doing the same thing. I bet they have Alex be with Izzy.

I actually like the way the sent him off. Much better than killing him or when they started showing the letters him killing himself.
No, I always knew he’d end up with Izzy in the end.
I still watched.. despite disappointments like Alex going to back to Izzie, didn't like that twist, he was happy and fulfilled with Jo, they could have gone on a scholarship or something.. sad times... still hurts when they talk about Derek..

any one knows the true story of why J Chambers left suddenly?
He’s been trying to leave the show for years as far I remember. Why not finishing the season I’m not sure. Maybe he felt like he’d get sucked back in if he didn’t make a clean break.

I just read that Camilla Ludington (Jo) is pregnant in real life with her second child. It will be interesting to see if they write that into the show...

I just read that Camilla Ludington (Jo) is pregnant in real life with her second child. It will be interesting to see if they write that into the show...

Would it be Alex’s? I could see them pulling that plot twist. Realistically I could see it being links.

They didn't write the first one on, so I wouldn't necessarily expect them to write this one in.

They didn't write the first one on, so I wouldn't necessarily expect them to write this one in.
I could see them writing in this one because now that Alex has left her to be with Izzy & their kids, it would add a whole other layer of drama.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter