• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone still watch Grey's Anatomy??

This whole thing is super fishy. There's no way they would have purposefully had one of the 4 remaining original characters go without a proper send off episode unless there was a huge falling out between him and the creative team.

Either he's refusing to come back or they're refusing to let him back, even just for an episode to finish things off. They have given characters with much less tenure more satisfying endings.

I guess we’ll find out what happened to Alex on the next episode. It looks like this will be one of the catalysts for a couples shuffle. Jo will end up with Link. Amelia will end up back with Owen since the baby is probably his. Teddy is flipping back to Tom. Meredith is heading for the new guy (forgot his name). It’s all a big mess. I do like that Bailey took in the foster kid.

I guess we’ll find out what happened to Alex on the next episode. It looks like this will be one of the catalysts for a couples shuffle. Jo will end up with Link. Amelia will end up back with Owen since the baby is probably his. Teddy is flipping back to Tom. Meredith is heading for the new guy (forgot his name). It’s all a big mess. I do like that Bailey took in the foster kid.

So predictable! I guess I'm ready for it to be over. I keep watching because I've been watching since Day 1. I'll forget about it for a few months then catch back up on demand.

I just can't even... I am so very very disappointed. And sad. But mostly MAD.

How in the....Why? Why, why, why? SHE NEVER TOLD HIM. AT LEAST SIX YEARS (including pregnancy time, and her decision to use the eggs).

Izzie did not change. She is still acting like she has zero accountability to anyone; that she can do whatever she wants, with no consequences. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

My daughter was furious. She swears she's done with the show. I don't know if I believe that though. She's obsessed they Grey's Anatomy and watches the entire series over and over again on Netflix.

Do we share a daughter? haha DD#2 has watched the series at least 5 times. SoIL#2 says he can tell when she is having a rough week when she starts binge watching it.

I found the editing to be weird. Since they couldn't bring back Izzie they showed a whole bunch of horses? :rolleyes2 I never was a fan of Jo but it's awful the way they've screwed with the character. I wonder if the writers hate the character.

I found the editing to be weird. Since they couldn't bring back Izzie they showed a whole bunch of horses? :rolleyes2 I never was a fan of Jo but it's awful the way they've screwed with the character. I wonder if the writers hate the character.

Yeah, it was clearly patched together to make do with what they had, which was neither of the main characters from that story line.

I found the whole episode to be thoroughly disappointing. When Alex was pleading with Jo in his letter to understand because they both had such rough childhoods, that felt like the writers pleading with the audience that this is a believable story line. For my money, they didn't sell it.

I think they did the flash backs to remind us what a jerk he was back in the day. Today’s Alex wouldn’t have done that. He grew up, it’s hard to buy he reverted on a dime like that. That said I’ve always known in my gut that’s how he’d end up if the show ever ended (will it? EVER?) or he left.

Last edited:
The whole time I was watching, I kept telling myself, “This really was the best they could do because of the way the actor left.“

You could see from the flashbacks they chose how they were trying to piece together the narrative of Izzy eventually using the eggs.

I was ready for a sob-fest. When they all got the letters, I initially thought they were suicide letters.

I LOVED Alex - even when he was jerky in the beginning.

And, now, I can’t decide if I would rather have had him die than leave everyone to go be with Izzy.

It makes me hate Izzy even more because of what she did... for 5 years just never tell Alex he had kids? And she never would have if Alex hadn’t called her. (And, I know the writers had to go w/ the storyline, but, still, it didn’t end up leaving me w/ any love for Izzy.)

They had to write Izzy having kids; otherwise, Alex never would have left - so that part rings true for me. What doesn’t ring true for me is that he would have written those long letters to everyone. Even as much as the writers were trying to convince everyone of his reasons for writing letters instead of facing everyone in person, I still don’t quite see it.

I kinda laughed when, during his letter to Jo, he wrote something like “I still love you. I don’t know how to end this. So good-bye.”

Because, yes, that’s really how it all happened.

I’m in the minority but I liked how they did it. I was afraid they were going to kill him off. I hate that he left Jo, but he never got over Izzy and once he found the kids he couldn’t not be a dad.

I agree. I think the fact that chose his kids means he has grown up!

Jo is the only one I feel really awful for, but I think she's finally going to end up with Linc, which I don't think will be a bad thing in the end. (And I think she's going to make a great board member, too!)

I'm sure leaving her was gut-wrenching for Alex. - He was going to hurt someone he loved no matter what! But when it's a choice between hurting someone else or hurting your kids, I understand who he had the stronger instinct to protect.

As for the others, I get that they'll miss him. But moving away from a job and work friends for the good of your family is a completely logical decision in my mind. If Meredith and Webber and whoever else choose to "forgive" him, they can certainly stay in touch - it's not that hard in today's world.

It's Izzy I'm the maddest at (in fact, so mad I'd blocked out that she survived the cancer and left him in the first place - when the letter said "I'm with Izzy" I thought "wait, but the spoiler said he didn't die, why is this a suicide note?" :rotfl: )

But honestly, in the grand scheme of life and plot lines - if Izzy had never left, and Alex had never gotten together with Jo, where would Jo be now? I think everyone is going to be OK in the end.

I agree. I think the fact that chose his kids means he has grown up!

Jo is the only one I feel really awful for, but I think she's finally going to end up with Linc, which I don't think will be a bad thing in the end. (And I think she's going to make a great board member, too!)

I'm sure leaving her was gut-wrenching for Alex. - He was going to hurt someone he loved no matter what! But when it's a choice between hurting someone else or hurting your kids, I understand who he had the stronger instinct to protect.

As for the others, I get that they'll miss him. But moving away from a job and work friends for the good of your family is a completely logical decision in my mind. If Meredith and Webber and whoever else choose to "forgive" him, they can certainly stay in touch - it's not that hard in today's world.

It's Izzy I'm the maddest at (in fact, so mad I'd blocked out that she survived the cancer and left him in the first place - when the letter said "I'm with Izzy" I thought "wait, but the spoiler said he didn't die, why is this a suicide note?" :rotfl: )

But honestly, in the grand scheme of life and plot lines - if Izzy had never left, and Alex had never gotten together with Jo, where would Jo be now? I think everyone is going to be OK in the end.
Eh, you can be with and support your kids and not abandon your wife. He made the decision for everyone without their input. That’s a decidedly non-grown up thing to do. Of course that’s looking at it through real life eyes and not the world of Grey’s. :p

I’ve always despised Izzy so zero warm fuzzies for me but like I said above I knew ultimately that’s where Alex would land.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter