• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone still watch Grey's Anatomy??

I couldn't even concentrate because in some ways the voiceover didn't even sound like Alex. But maybe that is it, Justin has said that he has completely different intonation/cadence for the character of Alex.

So maybe Justin Chambers just read it as a final middle finger to someone.

My favourite parts of an atrocious episode ----

Richard throwing his letter in the trash.

And Jo making it seem like nothing - absolutely nothing - was ever going to break her in this world.

I couldn't even concentrate because in some ways the voiceover didn't even sound like Alex. But maybe that is it, Justin has said that he has completely different intonation/cadence for the character of Alex.

So maybe Justin Chambers just read it as a final middle finger to someone.

My favourite parts of an atrocious episode ----

Richard throwing his letter in the trash.

And Jo making it seem like nothing - absolutely nothing - was ever going to break her in this world.
I thought for sure Jo was going to take her ring off and toss it in the trash as she went back to work.

I'm torn here. I liked each flashback, revisiting the olden days, though.

I loved Alex's character and honestly I always wanted him to end up with Izzy. But both of them were so immature back then there's no way they could have made it work at that point.

In respects to having the kids and not telling..IRL ugh I would be so heartbroken to hear that but in the context of the show it makes IDK some sort of sense hard to explain why it does make a bit of sense. But it did come off like they had a storyline or two that happened in the past that they just forgot about and now they had the reasoning to do so.

As I mentioned Jo is a character I could do without. I do feel bad for her because she never really gets that closure she just gets left behind..again..in the worst of ways. His letter is both geniune and yet uncharacteristic of him as he was with Jo. I think I like Izzy more than Jo because Jo didn't come off as a person who really could get a person like Alex. Broken childhoods don't mean a relationship will work or be best for the individuals. I think they wrote Jo's character too much so much that Alex never really got the ability to have things be about him as he matured. Immature Alex it was all about him but then he just left all his needs all the time to the wasteside while he focused on everyone else. More mature Alex should have the ability to focus on himself too and I just never saw that he would have the ability to do that with Jo it was always always about Jo. I think with Izzy the fire the two of them have they would push each other to continue to grow and with Jo he was tempered back a lot.

What I did actually find funny is them including the setting as Kansas...guess the farm setting made it scream Kansas. But when he mentioned working at a hospital in Shawnee County it made me wonder because that's where Topeka is located at. Rural KS would have been a better description IMO rather than connecting it to the 3rd most populous county given that he said "a farm in nowhere KS". That said there are farms out and about even here in the metro and whatnot. Maybe he's communting lol. Anyways that happens a lot anyways with places.

I don't think the voice WAS the same actor. He was gone from the show before this was filmed. He did not come back to do the voice over.

:thumbsup2

Well that explains it. I just assumed he agreed to a voiceover, but not to a full episode.

Your explanation makes more sense because it was jarring for it to seem so off.

I think it definitely sounded like Justin Chambers.

But for me it was missing something of Karev. So much so I found it difficult to take it in, take it seriously - beyond the storyline.
Maybe it's matching the aging voice of Justin Chambers, with the reserved nature his character has been for a long while now combined with the excitement he's supposed to have at finding out he has kids, can be a father with his prior love with that white picket fence. Like they were trying to mash it all together and it ended up sounding off.

My wife and I watched all of Grey's from the start until we finally gave up after McDreamy's ridiculous death, but I texted her this morning to read about Karev's finale, and we have been having a good eye-roll and laugh at the writers' expense.

No TV show has ever been worse at writing off characters who are leaving the cast, period.

Nope, I read the spoilers and deleted the episode from my DVR and stopped all future recordings, this send-off was just bad.
To do that to Jo, who has been through so much abandonment already was beyond what my brain could take.
She should have made him walk in front of a bus......... wait she used that already. :rolleyes::scared:
Come on, Shonda you're better than that.

How much attention does Shonda pay to Grey’s anymore except to shoehorn in that awful firefighter show?

How much attention does Shonda pay to Grey’s anymore except to shoehorn in that awful firefighter show?
At first, when that thread came out about crossovers a few weeks or a month ago (can't remember), it did seem like they would do occasional crossovers at least that's what I had in my mind but boy that honestly was so wrong. Station 19 is basically the first part to a two part show. I mean sure they have separate plot points majority of the time with overlaps but they clearly are way more intertwined than I thought they would be when they switched Station 19 to start before Grey's.

I don't mind Station 19 but you're right her focus has shifted. Personally I think the Grey's has suffered before Station 19 came on but it's gotten worse since its been on.

Nope, I read the spoilers and deleted the episode from my DVR and stopped all future recordings, this send-off was just bad.
To do that to Jo, who has been through so much abandonment already was beyond what my brain could take.
She should have made him walk in front of a bus......... wait she used that already. :rolleyes::scared:
Come on, Shonda you're better than that.
No, she's repeatedly shown us she isn't.

At first, when that thread came out about crossovers a few weeks or a month ago (can't remember), it did seem like they would do occasional crossovers at least that's what I had in my mind but boy that honestly was so wrong. Station 19 is basically the first part to a two part show. I mean sure they have separate plot points majority of the time with overlaps but they clearly are way more intertwined than I thought they would be when they switched Station 19 to start before Grey's.

I don't mind Station 19 but you're right her focus has shifted. Personally I think the Grey's has suffered before Station 19 came on but it's gotten worse since its been on.

Yeah, occasional crossovers are OK, but I really don't want to be forced to watched Station 19 in order to follow the story line on Grey's. I just don't find most of the characters like-able. And I watch enough other shows that I really don't need to add one more to the distraction-from-what-I-should-actually-be-doing list. :laughing:

I just finished watching. I can’t believe they had his character leave Jo. Trying to twist it into a story that is supposed to make us happy for him, but instead they just ruined his character.

Side notes...I thought it sounded exactly like Alex reading the letters. And the flashbacks made me think how Justin really got better looking with age.

Eh, you can be with and support your kids and not abandon your wife. He made the decision for everyone without their input. That’s a decidedly non-grown up thing to do. Of course that’s looking at it through real life eyes and not the world of Grey’s. :p

I’ve always despised Izzy so zero warm fuzzies for me but like I said above I knew ultimately that’s where Alex would land.

I agree. Leaving your wife for your ex-wife via mailed letter doesn't come across as very mature to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter