When do YOU think Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway will open?

LOL ok. Paid FastPass is really inevitable. It just depends on what form it will be.
I disagree completely, seriously, this has been rumored for so long it is pathetic.

Seriously, the first time I heard the rumor of paid FP was around 1996 (yep before FP was introduced) and from credible sources and it has been repeated at least every two to three years since then. Again, nothing shows this to be more credible now than it was back then. And as I said there are plenty of reasons why this won't happen.

In case you are counting, that is over 20 years for this "credible rumor".

I disagree completely, seriously, this has been rumored for so long it is pathetic.

Seriously, the first time I heard the rumor of paid FP was around 1996 (yep before FP was introduced) and from credible sources and it has been repeated at least every two to three years since then. Again, nothing shows this to be more credible now than it was back then. And as I said there are plenty of reasons why this won't happen.

In case you are counting, that is over 20 years for this "credible rumor".
Considering Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, Hong Kong, and Shanghai all have some sort of paid FP I think its bound to come here. This is the most credible rumor for this I have seen since I began tracking rumors.

We shall wait and see what happens of course though but I don't think they will go to a three tier system like you suggest though.

Considering Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, Hong Kong, and Shanghai all have some sort of paid FP I think its bound to come here. This is the most credible rumor for this I have seen since I began tracking rumors.

We shall wait and see what happens of course though but I don't think they will go to a three tier system like you suggest though.
They have in the past, I see no reason they wouldn't again.

The paid options are all overseas where admission (I wouldn't call Disneyland paid FP), hotels and even food is generally cheaper, which is why paid FP works there and wouldn't work here.

As you say time will tell, but I seriously doubt you will see paid FPs in the U.S. aside from Maxpass at Disneyland, which isn't really.paid FP, you are getting memory Maker with the added benefit of being able to book FPs from the app.

To that end, I could see Disney World doing away with advance FP completely and going to day of only. If you want to book from electronic kiosks it would be free, but if you want to book from the app you would need Maxpass, which again would be Memory Maker with the added benefit of booking FPs from the app and still wouldn't be paid FPs.

They have in the past, I see no reason they wouldn't again.
They have what in the past? 3 tiers? To my knowledge they have never done 3 tiers for any park at any time.

To that end, I could see Disney World doing away with advance FP completely and going to day of only. If you want to book from electronic kiosks it would be free, but if you want to book from the app you would need Maxpass, which again would be Memory Maker with the added benefit of booking FPs from the app and still wouldn't be paid FPs.

I highly doubt they get rid of advance FP at this point.

They have what in the past? 3 tiers? To my knowledge they have never done 3 tiers for any park at any time.

I highly doubt they get rid of advance FP at this point.
Yep, they have, there was a point in time that EPCOT had three tiers and you had to pick one from each Tier.

If they don't get rid of advanced FP, then I really see no paid FP options aside from an option to buy into an earlier booking window and even that is questionable.

Yep, they have, there was a point in time that EPCOT had three tiers and you had to pick one from each Tier.

If they don't get rid of advanced FP, then I really see no paid FP options aside from an option to buy into an earlier booking window and even that is questionable.
Can you link me to something that shows that I don’t recall three tiers and Epcot and a quick search doesn’t show that either.

Can you link me to something that shows that I don’t recall three tiers and Epcot and a quick search doesn’t show that either.

I can't find it online either, but I remember distinctly when fastpass+ at WDW first came out having to choose which rides to fastpass (especially at MK) because you could only book one tier 1 ride, and I never wanted to "waste" a pass on their tier 3 collections, and you couldn't get a new pass if you didn't use your previous ones. That form was only around for one of our vacations, so I would imagine it was a very short-lived incarnation.

It was all over these boards at the time and everyone hated it because you had to choose three attractions and one from each Tier. But really this isn't the thread for FP discussions.

I’d love for it to have soft openings when I’m there in mid June, but I’m not counting on it.

Wouldn’t surprise me if this opening “before” galaxies edge ends up being a week or so ahead

Passholder previews are not a guarantee.
Not a guarantee, but I think there’s a better chance for this seeing as it’s a standalone ride and not a whole land like toy story. All depends on how well they’re keeping to the schedule though

I have no interest at all in SWGE all I want to see in September is MMRR.
I sure hope it is open by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter