When do YOU think Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway will open?

Anyone want to take a guess as to how MMRR will affect the DHS tiering system? (Especially if it opens in advance of SW:GE)

Now I’m wondering if they actually will have this up and running by early summer to get the bugs out and then have another ride to disburse all the SWGE crowd starting 8/29.

I think they will want it up and running before GE opens ... though I think the decision to open GE early was made independent of this

I think earl/mid August is possible and maybe even likely ... I just can't imagine them doing a grand opening of this after GE opens

Anyone want to take a guess as to how MMRR will affect the DHS tiering system? (Especially if it opens in advance of SW:GE)

I definitely think it is a Tier 1

GE won't have any fast pass (at least to start) so I think they just add this as another Tier 1 along with the Toy Story rides (maybe they move TSMM to tier 2)

I definitely think it is a Tier 1

GE won't have any fast pass (at least to start) so I think they just add this as another Tier 1 along with the Toy Story rides (maybe they move TSMM to tier 2)
I think if they dropped a TSL ride it'd be A.S.S. It's always been the easiest for me to get.

I do think they'll drop a TSL ride and add this.

I think once both SWGE rides open, and moved to the FP system, HS will move to a 3 tier system

Tier 1: SWGE rides
Tier 2: TSL and MMRR
Tier 3: Everything else

I don't even know how that would work. Are you saying the SWGE rides would be pay to play?

No. There's be three tiers instead of 2.
You can pick max 1 from Tier 1 (like Pandora in AK, a tier of 2 rides)
You can pick max 1 from Tier 2
You can pick 1-3 from Tier 3

I think they will want it up and running before GE opens ... though I think the decision to open GE early was made independent of this

I think earl/mid August is possible and maybe even likely ... I just can't imagine them doing a grand opening of this after GE opens
Per Martin over at WDWMagic.com - the park HAS to have MMRR open prior to SW:GE - so expect it to open before. Capacity is a major issue once GE opens. Per Martin it is on schedule to open prior so no major hick ups

We hit the opening of Toy Story Land within a month of it opening last Summer and Pandora the year before and didn't think we would hit any big new openings this coming Summer but.....it would be great if the skyliner and MMRR would be open at the end of July/beginning of August!!

If it does open that early it will probably be tier 1 initially.
Yep and then when Galaxy's Edge opens, all current Tier 2 attractions will become Tier 3, Mickey and Minnies will become Tier 2 along with all current Tier 1 attractions and Galaxy's Edge will be Tiers 1 when FP becomes available. I would imagine this wouldn't happen until ROTR is up and running with FP though. You would be able to pick up to one attraction from Tier 1, one from Tier 2 and the rest from Tier 3.

I’ll be there the end of August, you think it might be open by then? I’d be incredibly happy, as would my mom. It’s a ride she can actually go on!
I'd be even happier if it opened by the beginning of June, even if just passholder previews.

Yep and then when Galaxy's Edge opens, all current Tier 2 attractions will become Tier 3, Mickey and Minnies will become Tier 2 along with all current Tier 1 attractions and Galaxy's Edge will be Tiers 1 when FP becomes available. I would imagine this wouldn't happen until ROTR is up and running with FP though. You would be able to pick up to one attraction from Tier 1, one from Tier 2 and the rest from Tier 3.
That's assuming they continue with tiers and that they add a third.

We have the possibility of the paid FP option too.

Reactions: CJN
That's assuming they continue with tiers and that they add a third.

We have the possibility of the paid FP option too.
Not really, Disney isn't going to go to a paid FP system. That rumor has been around from "credible sources" since before FP was introduced originally. There is nothing to suggest the rumor is any more credible now than it was then and in fact many things point towards Disney not doing paid FPs. I could see them allowing all on-site guests to buy into say a 75 day window over a 60 day window, but nothing beyond that.

They will continue with the tiers (as long as Galaxy's Edge attractions get FP+ at some time). I could also see them offering pre park opening or post park closing access to Galaxy's Edge for a fee, but charging for basic FP? Nope, guests would revolt aside from the few people that want to see paid FPs.

Prepare for all rides to be Tier $$
Nope, for the reasons I stated above and because we know a recession is on the way, probably within 2 to 3 years, so charging for FPs would end up causing Disney to loose money. And Disney is a lot of things, but stupid enough to make that fundemental of a change that close to a potential recession is not one of them. They also know that people wouldn't forgive such a misstep easily and in the end Disney would loose close to 80% of their current guests and about 70% of them would never return, Disney won't risk that.

Not really, Disney isn't going to go to a paid FP system. That rumor has been around from "credible sources" since before FP was introduced originally. There is nothing to suggest the rumor is any more credible now than it was then and in fact many things point towards Disney not doing paid FPs. I could see them allowing all on-site guests to buy into say a 75 day window over a 60 day window, but nothing beyond that.

They will continue with the tiers (as long as Galaxy's Edge attractions get FP+ at some time). I could also see them offering pre park opening or post park closing access to Galaxy's Edge for a fee, but charging for basic FP? Nope, guests would revolt aside from the few people that want to see paid FPs.
LOL ok. Paid FastPass is really inevitable. It just depends on what form it will be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter