What are your 10 worst restaurants at WDW?

Tony's Town Square
Liberty Tree Tavern
Sci-Fi

We ate 3 times at Tony's and it was good the first time. It went down hill the other 2 times. Would not even give the others a second chance because the food was awful the first time around.

Aside from one or two random posters (like the poster above you), you will NEVER see Jiko on a "worst" list. Kona, too... but definitely not Jiko.

But O'hana is king of that best/worst thing.

In our opinion, Jiko is the least impressive signature restaurant at WDW. We also think it's the most overrated restaurant on property. We've had better meals at non-signatures.

For us:
1. Coral Reef (food, slow service, super long wait times even w/ ADRs)
2. Hollywood & Vine (food's okay, bad service every time)
3. WCC (we've had pluses and minuses there)
4. …and did I mention Coral Reef? Holy Cow….never again!

DH and I started talking about this and we found the following held true for most of our family;

1. Akershus, the dead worst meal I think I have ever had in my life!!!
2. T-Rex in DTD it is one of the worst and costly meals we have ever had, will NEVER go back.
3. Hate everything at Studios except 50's. We literally schedule meals outside of DHS because it is so bad everywhere.

It's interesting that I agree with a lot of what is being said here and then some people have my favorites on the "bad" list. Here are mine in no particular order.
1)Coral Reef
2) Garden Grill (food was ok, motion made DH and I nauseated)
3) Tony's (we have eaten there 3 times and only 1 meal was completely unacceptable, the other 2 just "meh")
4)La Hacienda (very unhelpful with DH Celiac disease)

but is it on your "worst" list?
From the restaurants we've eaten at in the last decade, it would definitely make our worst list. Value does play a factor. We expected much more for the price, & we're used to eating at a signature restaurant nightly while at WDW. We've only eaten at a very few non-signature restaurants for breakfast or lunch that we would consider worse.

Tonys - Substantial feather nestling under my food (at least that's what I'm going to call it but I'm still not 100% sure what it was), staff apologetic but not really much more you can say. I will not be back. Having eaten there before this was a very easy decision as despite them trying to spice up my food with added ingredients it was bland and overpriced (although overpriced is pretty much a given in most Disney restaurants).

Sci Fi - Great atmosphere but let down by poor choice and mediocre food.

Pizza Planet - THE worst counter service I have been to in ANY theme park.

San Angel - I love this place for the theming but not the close tables and simply poor poor food. I so want this to be a good restaurant.

Brown Derby - everyone raves about this place but to be frank it's absolutely nothing special. I actually felt like telling them that after the overly exuberant server left me feeling I should be having the most wonderful meal only to be provided an average and again way overpriced meal.

I see Mama Melrose and Planet Hollywood mentioned a lot but we've been to both in 2012 and had really good experiences in both.

Biergarten (Yuck!!!Horrible, should of paid us!!!)
Tangarine Café (was on our must do list until our last trip, horrible!)
Alfredos (was horrible! glad it is gone!)

(I have to say we loved Chef Mickeys (saw a lot on people's lists) [dinner] and had great food and service, we were the first people to sit down for dinner)

We have been to WDW and DW many times. Just started doing TS dining so we don't have too much experience there. Our two worst meals were at Les Chef de France and ABC Commissary.

Honorable mention goes to Citricos. The food wasn't bad, it just wasn't up to the standard that I anticipated for a signature meal. What was really bad was our surly waitress. She treated us like dining plan trash and admonished me for using the wrong fork. I still kick myself for giving her an 18% tip.

Hollywood and Vine- service sucked. I knew it would be loud, so that was nbd. The food was awful (lunch ). Thank goodness for the chocolate fountain. I filled up on strawberries and pineapples covered in chocolate. :)

Casey's corner- we had nachos and they were bad. Chips were stale. Ugh.

Pop Century food court was bad one time (beef brisket) and fine the other (pizza bread).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter