What are your 10 worst restaurants at WDW?

The only food complaint I've had was at Big River Grille & Brew Works. I wanted to get a flight but they were out of one of their beers. I asked if I could chose a replacement (standard brewery procedure) but was told no.

Then I asked if my flight would be at a prorated price, since it would be short a sample. Nope. After laughing at how they wanted me to pay for an empty sample, I left and I will never go back. No one gets in between me and my beer!

I am not even bothering with counter service but the ten worst for us are:

tony's town square (the only one on this list or any list where neither of us could even eat our food it was so bad)

chef mickey's dinner
les chefs de france
be our guest dinner
tutto italia
kona cafe

ok only six that stand out for table service.

Jiko isn't "bad" but very overrated.

1-Coral Reef-- terrible food and terrible service!
2-San Angel Inn-- terrible food and terrible service!

These are the only two restaurants that we have ever had a problem with at WDW. The worst food and service in or out of WDW for us.

Most of mine are based on service not food quality.

1. Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe - Everyone in our party agreed we ate it because we were hungry, but never again. The carrot cake was probably the only enjoyable item (to my 2 year old).

2. Akershus (Dinner) - Yuck. My meatballs tasted like they had been sitting under a heat lamp for hours. There was a huge water puddle in front of the buffet that several people slipped on yet no one felt like mopping it up. We had the table directly next to the break room for characters and employees so that didn't help much either.

3. Crew Cup Lounge at the Yacht Club - the worst service I HAVE ever had at a bar in my life and I've seen some doozies. And even after asking the bar tender not to mix my wine from an almost empty bottle and a new one he still did. Too late to get in a tizzy or get a manager.

4. Jikos - but in its defense I will try again. We only had wine and dessert and both were nothing to write home about even after coming highly recommended by the server.

5. Cinderella's Royal Table - I enjoyed the French Toast but my our server spoke to me like a toddler when I asked if we could share several different choices. I didn't appreciate that.

What I always find funny when I read these threads is that some of the same restaurants show up on both the "best" and "worst" lists. A few I've noticed were Chef Mickey's, Jiko, CHH, and Kona.

What I always find funny when I read these threads is that some of the same restaurants show up on both the "best" and "worst" lists. A few I've noticed were Chef Mickey's, Jiko, CHH, and Kona.

Aside from one or two random posters (like the poster above you), you will NEVER see Jiko on a "worst" list. Kona, too... but definitely not Jiko.

But O'hana is king of that best/worst thing.

Biergarten. Yes it's German but it was sooo bland the food that they offered. Also it didn't help for whatever reasons the band wasn't playing the day we ate there.

Biergarten. Yes it's German but it was sooo bland the food that they offered. Also it didn't help for whatever reasons the band wasn't playing the day we ate there.

I agree. We went one time, off season. Lines to buffet were super long. Food was cold and just not very good. My kids who are not picky eaters, both left hungry. Just a complete waste of time and money for us.

Aside from one or two random posters (like the poster above you), you will NEVER see Jiko on a "worst" list. Kona, too... but definitely not Jiko.

But O'hana is king of that best/worst thing.

I had a bad dish and horrendous service at Jiko and haven't been back since. It was probably an off night, but it was enough to deter me from going back. Sanaa is a far better restaurant.

Aside from one or two random posters (like the poster above you), you will NEVER see Jiko on a "worst" list. Kona, too... but definitely not Jiko. But O'hana is king of that best/worst thing.

Our dinner wasn't bad at Jiko just no where near what I expected for the reputation and the price. 50 for cheese, bad wine and bland dessert doesn't really get me excited. I will go back and try dinner though.

At Kidani Village now and dined at Jiko on Wednesday. Lovely service and room, but very unimpressed with the food. My daughter and sister had the tagine chicken. My sister's was not fully cooked. I had the jerked scallops-no sear and no flavor. My sons both had the filet with Mac and cheese, which were good but nothing special. DH had the short rib and said he enjoyed his captains grille short rib much more. Maybe an off night, but not likely we will return.

The only place I can really remember not liking was dinner at Crystal Palace. Other than that, there are a few places that I wasn't really that impressed by or that are just ok, when there are better options available. But other than that, there aren't really that many restaurants that I would rate as the "worst."

TOKYO DINING!.....probably the worst meal ever in my life, not just at WDW. Worst service....CRT by far! The waiter got everyone's order in our section at the same time. Then when they brought it out they just stood in the middle and yelled who had the cheese plate, etc. Who ever raised their hand first got it. No joke! Needless to say I got mine 20 minutes before my husband. The whole meal was that way and the food was not very good either. San Angel had terrible service and they should just turn those into communal tables. Our table was literally two inches from the next ones! So we were basically hearing everything from the next table and might as well been eating with them.

Our worst meal ever at Disney World was Cinderella's Royal Table. The food was inedible. This is not taking into account the cost of the meal. If you take in the cost - then it is a crime. We so wanted to love it and we were so disappointed. There are restaurants that were okay (that I wouldn't go back to) but at least the food was edible.

I can honestly say I've never had a bad meal (my definition: food was inedible) or horrible service (disappointing, yes) at either DL or WDW and I've been visiting the parks since 1967, so I consider my experience obviously to be unusual. But I will say (table service only ) my most disappointing meal menu-wise was at Cape May Café and my most disappointing meal service-wise was at Whispering Canyon Café. Both experiences, however, were not disappointing enough that I wouldn't try them again at a future date.

Tony's Town Square (meh...I'm Italian so it didn't cut it)
Toy Story Pizza (noisy, food was meh)
Liberty Tree Tavern (overpriced and seriously weird tasting Mac n' cheese)
Nine Dragons (way overpriced for average Chinese food)
Fultons Crab House (overpriced, average food)
Planet Hollywood (noisy and overpriced)
Garden Grill (food was overlooked and cold)

That's all I can think of, but I'm not super picky and can almost always find something I like.

Whispering Canyon Cafe - food was ok, but we just did not like the whole "vibe"

50's Prime Time - same as WCC, although it was a bit more fun but would not go back to eat at either

If you don't like CM's "messing" with your table - playing jokes, taking silverware, "yelling" at you, not taking your order, etc.... then stay away from both WCC and 50's - we knew what to expect and thought we would enjoy it, but after awhile, you just want to eat dinner in peace:)

Nine Dragons - it's just average chinese food that you can get from any local chinese restaurant

Via Napoli - we love their pizza, but anything else is small portions and extremely overpriced and just ok taste wise. (Ceasar salad is $22)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter