What are your 10 worst restaurants at WDW?

Well, I have to say, I have been complaining about Tony's for about ten years, but for circumstances that we didn't have control of, we ate there in March, and I have to say, it was great. We were not looking forward to it, but it was everything we didn't expect. I know for years that this place was a problem for food, even though they were always booked, but they really turned this around, as far as our family was concerned. Tony's used to be the hook years ago when we'd get the kids up at 4am to catch an early flight, that we would be having lunch there. Then they fell way off. But if this meal was any indication they are back. I'm glad.

As far as Ohana, I can't speak about now, but they are another place that was fabulous when they first started and fell way off. We haven't been in maybe 5 years, and I read that they are cutting even more of the choices. I don't think we'll be back for a bit.

DISNEY PIZZA DELIVERY at the PoP Century! :worried:

...During a tropical storm (parks closed,) this seemed like a wise choice...Between 3 of us, we didn't, couldn't, finish one slice!

When there are lots of choices, you just have to be choosey, and somewhat conservative, recognizing that such volume food production means it will not be Michelin star quality.

That said, I think Chef Mickey's has the worst food of the sit downs I've been to, and Captain's Grill and Boma had the worst servers I've experienced, though their food was good.

This made me laugh, we were staying at POP in 2009 and got the pizza delivery. They actually sent us a pizza that was not cooked all the way through. My son was 8 at the time nd when he bit into it he thought I ordered it with extra cheese but we found out the dough was not cooked in the middle. Not a fan of chef mickeys for there breakfast. I could take or leave mama melrose. Ate there on our last trip. It was convenient adr so we could see the Osborne Christmas decorations. The service was great,the food was ok but they went out of there way to make a flat bread for my son with no cheese,extra sauce and hot pepper flakes. Most if not all of the cs at hs need a complete overhaul.

This thread seems to show that the best sit-down restaurants on property are at the resorts and not in the parks. Almost no resort restaurants have been mentioned except for O'hana and Whispering Canyon.

10. 'Ohana
9. 'Ohana
8. 'Ohana
7. 'Ohana
6. 'Ohana
5. 'Ohana
4. 'Ohana
3. 'Ohana
2. 'Ohana
1. 'Ohana

We gave them a second chance - which was the worst experience of three. Never again.

I agree with previous posters: these lists are opinions. I never make my reservations based on these boards as everyone's tastes differ. That being said, we have returned to our favorite WDW restaurants and had awful meals there. That doesn't keep us from going back. One trip we had a horrible meal at 'Ohana; the next trip 'Ohana was one of the best meals we'd ever had. We've eaten at Sci Fi almost every trip with varying results. Same with Rose & Crown, Chefs, Kona. We continue to go to Rose & Crown because we feel they have the nicest waitstaff in property. We always have a lovely time there. Kona used to be an undiscovered jewel, but now people have found it and their service seems to have suffered. We love Columbia Harbor House -- delicious tuna salad sandwiches and clam chowder. We love 50's Primetime for their fried chicken. We returned to Boma for breakfast in May -- superb! We ate at Nine Dragons in 1987 -- that one I will not return to as I simply cannot pay those prices for something I can get at home for $5. My point is to check out the menus. If you like the offerings, you should find something on the menu that appeals to you. Don't give up on the restaurants unless you simply do not like what they offer or you've had more than one bad experience. Just my opinion! :)

Found the food at Trail's End to be unremarkable and disappointing, although not horrible.

Had good service at Bongo's Cuban Café, Nine Dragons and Rose & Crown, but not crazy about the food at any of those.

Didn't care for the lunch menu options at Be Our Guest, but will try dinner there.

At Rainforest Café I like the theming but find the food plain and overpriced for what it is.

Nothing else comes to mind as a really bad restaurant there... although I haven't tried some of the places on others' lists.

I also see several of my favorite ones on others' "worst" lists. Subjective indeed! :)

The Turf Club
Portobello's
Big River Grille
Casey's
Flame Tree BBQ
Electric Umbrella
Tortuga Tavern
QS Mexico
The Mara
Yak & Yeti QS

Honorable Mention: Turkey Leg Carts

Places we've tried and didn't care for:

1. Tony's Town Square - mediocre food, ok atmosphere. Just blah.

2. Planet Hollywood/T-Rex/Rainforest Cafe - these three are chains so not only can they be done throughout the US, but the food is reminiscent of Applebee's or Friday's. Very chain-like in quality.

3. Pizza Planet (QS at DHS) - Same pizza you can get anywhere else and no other menu options. Limited seating, and it gets very crowded due to the lack of QS options at DHS.

4. Teppan Edo - it was not bad, but same as #2. You can get the hibachi experience in your hometown, and it's likely more authentic.

5. Rose & Crown - again, food was not bad but we went here to time it with viewing Illuminations which turned out to be just ok. Not a great menu, IMO.

We just got back and the only places we really did not care for were Nine Dragons and HBD ..HBD for 2 credits was really just blah to me and the best dish was DH's vegetarian meal...we will not be back there.

1. Pizza Window
2. Tokyo Dining - I like sushi, but didn't like it here, and I hated the desserts.
3. Grand Floridian Café
4. Bongo's Cuban Café
5. Les Halles Boulangerie
6. Via Napoli
7. Columbia Harbour House

Those are the only restaurants that offended me enough to never go back. There's others that weren't the best food ever, but it was expected as they were in-park CS restaurants, where all I want is a quick bite.

I don't know if I have 10, but here are several that rank highly on the "never again" scale:

#1 (and most surprising to most): Flame Tree BBQ. I love BBQ and couldn't wait to eat here after hearing so many great things. I got the ribs and pulled a weird looking bone/cartilage/overcooked vein out that resembled melted plastic. After that, I will never go back.

#2: Tortuga Tavern - always want to give it another chance and it disappoints me every time!

#3: Casey's - pretty sure my son and I had food poisoning after eating here, but can't be certain.

#4: Via Napoli: again, had high hopes based on everyone's reviews, but it was awful. Other family members thought so, too, so I know it wasn't just me that night.

#5: Coral Reef: Terrible, SLOW service. Food was mediocre.

Well, that's all. Not hungry anymore :)

1. Tony's
2. Tony's
3. Tony's
4. Coral Reef
5. Tony's
6. Tony's
7. Tony's
8. Tony's
9. Restaurant Marrakech
10. Tony's

We have had very few meals. In fact Morocco and CR were only slightly off, but in a place where our dining experiences have been so positive we don't have many. That being said Tony's was bad on all levels. It has been 6 years and we won't go back.

Well this makes me sad because I was really looking forward to Via Napoli's...my family LOVES Italian food. Maybe I'll have to rethink that ADR.

Food tastes are obviously subjective. Service less so. We've had horrible service at many good restaurants, so I'll try to focus just on food. Also, the way I look at it is bang-for-the food-buck, so from our perspective most Disney dining fails miserably relative to other Orlando options in our opinion. It's another reason we no longer stay on site, so we have access to exponentially better food options. But here's our most despised Disney dining:

Most counter services are not good. We don't bother anymore except at Epcot.

Yachtsman Steak house was an embarrassment to steak houses everywhere.

O'Hana's - can I have some meat with that fat?

Kona Cafe

50's Prime Time

Coral Reef

Portabellos

Big River Grille

Chefs de France

The New California Grill was a total letdown in all aspects. Once our favorite; now we have no interest in returning.

As an aside, I like posts like this because I have this fleeting hope Disney reads these things and might try to make things better. Color me naive.

I've truly never had anything that I've actually HATED at Disney and likes and dislikes (as people have mentioned) are all subjective. That being said, Columbia Harbor House was definitely the worst meal I've had. Nothing tasted good and I'm pretty sure it have me and half my party good poisoning. Needless to say, I won't be eating there again.

The meal we had The Turf Club was nothing to rave about. It was decent but the service wasn't great and everything was just blah. It was a last minute decision because we realized we didn't have a reservation that day and had never been to SSR so figured why not?

Bongos in Downtown Disney? Not good. We were really craving Cuban food and it was our only option and we were very disappointed.

I've truly never had anything that I've actually HATED at Disney and likes and dislikes (as people have mentioned) are all subjective. That being said, Columbia Harbor House was definitely the worst meal I've had. Nothing tasted good and I'm pretty sure it have me and half my party good poisoning. Needless to say, I won't be eating there again.

We actually like CHH, lol. But, I really think that you could have a bad meal anywhere. For instance, I had a really lousy, soggy, stale bread hot dog at Casey's once, so that kind of ruined it for me.

The meal we had The Turf Club was nothing to rave about. It was decent but the service wasn't great and everything was just blah. It was a last minute decision because we realized we didn't have a reservation that day and had never been to SSR so figured why not?

Sometimes I think that's how Turf Club gets all their business. It was the worst meal we've ever had at Disney, soooo overpriced for what it was, their buffalo chicken appetizer was so gross. They are lucky to be in business, they wouldn't make it in the real world.

Bongos in Downtown Disney? Not good. We were really craving Cuban food and it was our only option and we were very disappointed.

We weren't impressed by Bongo's either. We've got much better Cuban food locally. There is even a Columbia restaurant in Celebration if anyone is looking for some better Spanish food.

I enjoy reading other people's lists. :thumbsup2

Well this makes me sad because I was really looking forward to Via Napoli's...my family LOVES Italian food. Maybe I'll have to rethink that ADR.

Don't count out Via Napoli just on one comment....
Give it a try. I'm betting you will enjoy it !

As long as I'm not cooking while on vacation, I can't complain tooooooo much.

But I was NOT a fan of Chef Mickey's breakfast. For a TS credit it was a real disappointment. Fun to check out the Contemporary, but I've had better breakfast in a high school cafeteria.

I was pretty disappointed in Le Cellier last time I went. The staff was AMAZING, but my steak was WAY overcooked. Bummed me out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter