things I wish Disney World hotels have

1. I wish they'd go back to having unused ticket days be valid forever.
2. Half-portions or senior meals at the restaurants. We'd spend more money ordering 2 senior meals than sharing one entree.
3. Free parking at the resorts.
4. Coffee pots in the value rooms.
5. Bigger towels, or bath sheets. We're 4 people in a room, privacy is minimal. I want a towel that covers the bare essentials!
6. Speaking of towels... towel animals!

1. But then my 10-day non-expiring hoppers I've hoarded wouldn't be worth as much!
2. You can usually order kids meals if you just ask. Or share one and add an app. There are options!
3. It's free, for $13, $19, or $24 a day! :)
4. They're coming with the latest refurbs, I believe.
5. That reminds me - I need to start a diet before my next trip!
6. Once in a while you'll still get them!

A greater selection of more affordably priced family suites. As it stands now, All Star Music and AoA are the only family suites, and they are grossly overpriced IMO for being at the "value" price point. Since Disney is a family destination, it would be nice if they had more options at more affordable prices for families. For what they charge for their "value" family suites, I would just stay deluxe!
Funny. Before they built the family suites at ASMu, there were frequent discussions about how Disney didn't offer a Value Resort option for families of 5+. They converted adjoining hotel rooms into suites that accommodate 6 and only charge a few dollar more per night than they would for 2 rooms. From just after Memorial Day until mid August, a Value Resort preferred room would run you about $180 per night, a family suite is just $5 more than booking two hotel rooms at $365/night.

And still, people aren't happy.

Funny. Before they built the family suites at ASMu, there were frequent discussions about how Disney didn't offer a Value Resort option for families of 5+. They converted adjoining hotel rooms into suites that accommodate 6 and only charge a few dollar more per night than they would for 2 rooms. From just after Memorial Day until mid August, a Value Resort preferred room would run you about $180 per night, a family suite is just $5 more than booking two hotel rooms at $365/night.

And still, people aren't happy.
To each their own, but I don't consider $365/night to stay at a value a reasonable price. And for that price, you only get 1 real bed! At least with 2 rooms, you get 4 real beds. Also, I never pay extra for preferred rooms so the price difference is larger. Of course, if you do opt for 2 rooms, connecting rooms is not a guarantee which means you have to pay extra for the suite if you want to guarantee everyone stays together. AoA is always more than $365/night during prime summer months even with a discount, those prices are more in line with ASMu suites. For those prices, I would stay deluxe! Most of the deluxe resorts sleep 5 with a daybed (we are a family of 5) plus you get a balcony at most deluxe resorts and a much better location closer to the parks. I'm not complaining, I just don't see the value in Disney's family suites and will probably never stay in them because of this.

To each their own, but I don't consider $365/night to stay at a value a reasonable price. And for that price, you only get 1 real bed! At least with 2 rooms, you get 4 real beds. Also, I never pay extra for preferred rooms so the price difference is larger. Of course, if you do opt for 2 rooms, connecting rooms is not a guarantee which means you have to pay extra for the suite if you want to guarantee everyone stays together. AoA is always more than $365/night during prime summer months even with a discount, those prices are more in line with ASMu suites. For those prices, I would stay deluxe! Most of the deluxe resorts sleep 5 with a daybed (we are a family of 5) plus you get a balcony at most deluxe resorts and a much better location closer to the parks. I'm not complaining, I just don't see the value in Disney's family suites and will probably never stay in them because of this.
Yes, to each their own. That's why there are so many options. But I still maintain that the cost of the family suites are in line with Disney's pricing for 2 rooms at the same Value Resort (and any family of 5 or 6 would have to get 2 rooms if they're staying at a Value Resort). It makes no sense for Disney to make it less expensive to stay in family suite when it occupies the same amount of real estate as 2 rooms. They could have just left those units as regular hotel rooms, which was what the ASMu suites were originally and what the AoA suites were intended to be (AoA was originally started as Phase 2 of POP when construction was halted).

If your family of 5 can stay in a Deluxe Resort for the same price as one of the family suites, then I say go for it. I don't even like the Value Resorts but I completely understand their pricing.

Yes, to each their own. That's why there are so many options. But I still maintain that the cost of the family suites are in line with Disney's pricing for 2 rooms at the same Value Resort (and any family of 5 or 6 would have to get 2 rooms if they're staying at a Value Resort). It makes no sense for Disney to make it less expensive to stay in family suite when it occupies the same amount of real estate as 2 rooms. They could have just left those units as regular hotel rooms, which was what the ASMu suites were originally and what the AoA suites were intended to be (AoA was originally started as Phase 2 of POP when construction was halted).

If your family of 5 can stay in a Deluxe Resort for the same price as one of the family suites, then I say go for it. I don't even like the Value Resorts but I completely understand their pricing.
We are staying at POR for our upcoming trip, but Beach Club and Boardwalk were within $10/night difference of AoA suites for our dates. We've stayed at AoA before we needed a room for 5 (in a LM room,) and while the theming is great, I can't justify the price when it is equal to a deluxe. All the non-Disney suites I've stayed at are not more than double the price of a standard room. Not to mention, 1 value room has an occupancy of 4. 1 value suite has an occupancy of 6 (with only 1 real bed.) Even if sq. footage is the same as 2 value rooms, occupancy is lower and you only get 1 real bed for more than double the cost. The value is just not there for me.

Last edited:
Well, I want something they really can provide: just some decent toilet paper for crying out loud! Yes, I really said it! :scared1: Both in the resorts & the parks. I can't be the only one tired of the 2 inch wide, shredd-y, scratchy stuff that they have now. :rolleyes1

Disney just hasn't been the same since their contract with angel soft ended...... (truly).

That would require three rooms in the unit. I can't see them ever doing it.

Why would it require 3 rooms in the unit?

Edited to add: A few years ago my family stayed in a hotel (I think they actually call themselves a hostel) where our room had a queen bed and two sets of bunk beds. It was all in one room with one bathroom--and they had 3 rooms of this type. This was in St. Augustine, Florida.

Edited again--sorry, it was actually a King bed, not Queen...but yeah, 2 sets of bunk beds plus the King https://piratehaus.com/rooms-and-rates/7-9-11/room10/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter