things I wish Disney World hotels have

BabybetterDisney

DIS Veteran
I love the Disney hotels, from the All Stars to the Grand Floridian, and I've stayed at most of them. Here is what I wish they had:
1. Room selections for guests. One can pick his own room instead of having Disney pick it. (Disney can make only the lesser favored rooms available for public choosing such that people who don't want to bother picking are not at a disadvantage.)
2. Bus, boat, and monorail schedule and GPS locations on the MDE app.
3. The dining plan credits do not expire for say, 20 years. That way people have incentive to save up the extra credits for future trips when the kids are older and eat more, instead of buying a bunch of junk to bring home. Also give them an incentive to go back to WDW because they still have food there!
4. The DVC program includes a value version for the value hotels.

I love the Disney hotels, from the All Stars to the Grand Floridian, and I've stayed at most of them. Here is what I wish they had:
1. Room selections for guests. One can pick his own room instead of having Disney pick it. (Disney can make only the lesser favored rooms available for public choosing such that people who don't want to bother picking are not at a disadvantage.)
3. The dining plan credits do not expire for say, 20 years. That way people have incentive to save up the extra credits for future trips when the kids are older and eat more, instead of buying a bunch of junk to bring home. Also give them an incentive to go back to WDW because they still have food there!
I just wish they still had "Do Not Disturb" signs that were respected by the staff.

1. Won't happen, even for a fee. Between IT and the number of units, with turnover, they would end up with orphan units, diminishing occupancy and profit. These programs work at smaller properties with shorter typical length of stay.

2. This wouldn't be hard, except that it involves Disney IT, and everything is hard for them.

3. This assumes DDP is about cost savings, and Disney's design and administration of it is not based on that. It is a major profit center for Disney. Letting people carry credits becomes an accounting issue as well, with delayed obligations, most of which are small, and so it becomes a reporting and compliance issue. They would never touch that.

4. It would have to be a completely separate association from the current core. Based on the land they have to develop, it just doesn't make financial sense to do value timeshare when so many exist within 10-15 miles, and their efforts can be spent on $200+ per point properties.

Disney does what profits Disney.

A greater selection of more affordably priced family suites. As it stands now, All Star Music and AoA are the only family suites, and they are grossly overpriced IMO for being at the "value" price point. Since Disney is a family destination, it would be nice if they had more options at more affordable prices for families. For what they charge for their "value" family suites, I would just stay deluxe!

Last edited:
I would love to see the expected bus arrival time available either on the channel in the resort rooms or on the app. They have the data as it is on the screens at the bus stop so seems like it wouldn't be too hard to post elsewhere. It would be fabulous to gauge whether we had time for a few more sips of coffee or if it was go time.

ETA: It's happening... on the app at least!
https://wdwnt.com/2018/04/confirmed...ence-app-for-walt-disney-world-resort-guests/

Last edited:

Yes to have dining credits allowed to carry over to your next vacation would be fantastic.

What I wish that the deluxe resorts would - and personally should have considering the price you pay to stay in a deluxe resort - is nightly turndown service. When we stay at other hotels and pay the same price, we get turndown service. To have the used towels taken away, the little piece of chocolate on your pillow is such a nice touch. (Now I know they do it at the GF but I think they should have it at all deluxe Disney resorts)

A greater selection of more affordably priced family suites. As it stand now, All Star Music and AoA are the only family suites, and they are grossly overpriced IMO for being at the "value" price point. Since Disney is a family destination, it would be nice if they had more options at more affordable prices for families. For what they charge for their "value" family suites, I would just stay deluxe!

Great idea! We love more space as we get older, spend more time at the resorts.

More affordable, less "kiddish" decor suites would be fantastic!

Free breakfast, and okay I’ll just say it...free parking :)

It would be cool if characters came to the resorts to visit guests, not just for character meals. For some reason I remember a character bus that used to come in the mornings, but that was like 16 years ago.
They do show up unannounced in the lobby on very rainy days. It’s always such a fun surprise.

It would be cool if characters came to the resorts to visit guests, not just for character meals. For some reason I remember a character bus that used to come in the mornings, but that was like 16 years ago.

For a short time after 9/11, they did what they called a “Character Caravan” in place of Extra Magic Hours. Most people prefer EMH so it didn’t last.

Westin Heavenly beds.

That and about 50 other reasons are why we stay at the Swan now.

One thing I greatly disliked at POR and Pop when we stayed there was the inability to buy any food after midnight. We’d come back after a late night in the parks and couldn’t grab a snack. There are some Disney resorts with late night dining options, but not all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter