things I wish Disney World hotels have

But if we want to talk about all of WDW's potential daily dining customers, wouldn't we have to include the 200,000+ Orlando and 66,500+ Kissimmee residents?

True but the majority of WDW visitors are not local (The opposite is the case for Disneyland). The issue is with regards to why people are turned away when there are empty tables. I stated its because staff is set for X number of customers for a given time based on predictions. When person number X+1 walks up they may be turned away. This happens at ALL restaurants, not just Disney. This is the balance between extremes you asked about. A small number of people may be turned away in some cases. It's a balance between how many are turned away vs. how many extra staff you have doing very little. Is it your view that nobody should ever be turned away?

So your number 3, there are people who think Disney should do away with all beaches, because of alligators. I can't really see them adding more.

As for your number 1, Disney did used to offer more rollaways. When they switched from double beds at the moderates to queens, they backed off from offering them. They must feel there is not enough space now.

By beaches, I don't mean the areas next to the lakes. What I would love to see is to turn the pools into beach areas, like the ones at HRH and PBH at Uni and BC/YC. I have no desire to go anywhere near the FL lakes.

Re: rollaways, at the moderates and smaller deluxe rooms (AKL/WL), I believe there is space. I have stayed at similar-sized rooms where we have been able to book a rollaway.I have heard they used to be available and they have "done away" with them. CSR apparently used to have them. Even when they had the queens. I have also heard that Pop used to offer them. The amount of space at Pop, even back when they had double beds, wasn't that much. If they could fit a rollaway there, they could fit them at the mods and smaller deluxe rooms. Maybe it was too much work for what they were charging per night. So, charge more! Comfort is so important. Also, I heard they were first-come, first-serve. It should be something you should be able to book. That's the "industry standard."

And I don't know how I forgot the 4th thing I wish.

4) I wish that there was a parking fee for everyone, and if you are staying at the resort, you get a discounted rate, like at Uni. And if you are coming to eat/shop, then you can get your parking validated (2-3 hours) from the cashier or your server.

Is it your view that nobody should ever be turned away?

Why the hyperbole over such a modest request? Cleopenn merely said:
At any resort of comparable price to the GF or Poly, a guest would never be turned away from a half empty restaurant if they wanted to eat lunch. We experienced this at the Poly and it defied logic.

Well managed hotel restaurants generally provide enough staff to accommodate mid-afternoon walk-ins when they are half empty. Among the many wishes in this thread, this one is very modest and realistic.

Yet you keep trying to say it isn't realistic, even you though WDW property already has multiple TS restaurants that CURRENTLY operate this way, and almost all of Universal's restaurants operate this way.

I prefer simple reality to hyperbolic arguments, but this whole sidebar is totally off topic and rather irrelevant. The thread topic is supposed to be about WDW wishes. Your question doesn't have anything to do with wishes for WDW.

Yet you keep trying to say it isn't realistic, even you though WDW property already has multiple TS restaurants that CURRENTLY operate this way, and almost all of Universal's restaurants operate this way.

Ugh...all I have been saying is that it happens at ALL restaurants, ALL resorts from time to time. I have been to many upscale restaurants nationwide and been turned away when there were open tables. The two areas where this has occurred the most often has been at WDW and at Las Vegas. I agree it should not be a daily or close to it thing but it is unrealistic to feel it should never happen at a place like WDW. BTW, I've been turned away at Universal restaurants for the very same reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter