things I wish Disney World hotels have

Here's another vote for a thermostat that you can control. I was sleeping under 4 blankets on our last trip, even after maintenance had come to "fix" the thermostat.

I don't know then maybe we're just unlucky. The part 3 deluxe resorts we've gotten a normal bed and a sleeper sofa.
I dont think youve been unlucky. It sounds like you've been in a DVC room. Studios only have a bed and a sofa...with the exception of OKW.

What resorts were you in that had the sofa?

I wish that I could actually call the front desk at Disney like other hotels. I hate having to go down to the front desk for a simple request- especially if you get there with a huge line! Just don't trust the call centers!

I dont think youve been lucky. It sounds like you've been in a DVC room. Studios only have a bed and a sofa...with the exception of OKW.

What resorts were you in that had the sofa?

One was 100% a DVC room. The other two one was Boardwalk and the other was GF. And we paid rak rates for those.

One was 100% a DVC room. The other two one was Boardwalk and the other was GF. And we paid rak rates for those.

Paying rack rate has nothing to do with it. At GF, which building were you in? And was the bed you were given a King?

Last edited:
If your family of 5 can stay in a Deluxe Resort for the same price as one of the family suites, then I say go for it. I don't even like the Value Resorts but I completely understand their pricing.
Just did a search of my dates in late May. I amend my earlier statement that I can stay deluxe for $10 more than an AoA suite. It is actually $15 more. For that $15, I could stay at Yacht Club, have 2 queens and a daybed (vs. 1 real bed at AoA,) full balcony, access to Stormalong Bay, and walk to Epcot. That's crazy to me. AoA is nice and all, but its definately not the Yacht Club! As I said earlier though, we chose the lower priced option and went with POR.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180419-085138.png
    Screenshot_20180419-085138.png
    231.4 KB · Views: 26

Ok. Then at GF and Boardwalk you were given a room with 1 King bed and a sleeper sofa. For future reference, the majority of the rooms have 2 Queen beds so you can ask for one next time.

Paying rack rate has nothing to do with it. At GF, which building were you in? And was the bed you were given a King?

Main building. Pretty sure it was a queen.

Ok. Then at GF and Boardwalk you were given a room with 1 King bed and a sleeper sofa. For future reference, the majority of the rooms have 2 Queen beds so you can ask for one next time.

Good to know. Thanks!

Why would it require 3 rooms in the unit?

Edited to add: A few years ago my family stayed in a hotel (I think they actually call themselves a hostel) where our room had a queen bed and two sets of bunk beds. It was all in one room with one bathroom--and they had 3 rooms of this type. This was in St. Augustine, Florida.

Edited again--sorry, it was actually a King bed, not Queen...but yeah, 2 sets of bunk beds plus the King https://piratehaus.com/rooms-and-rates/7-9-11/room10/

We stayed at a hotel like that here in MN. I loved it! Walked in, bathroom to your right, microwave, fridge, coffee to your left. A little further, a closet on your left, and across from it was a "room" with 3 walls, that reached the ceiling - in there was 2 bunkbeds, a dresser, and a tv. Beyond that "room" was a table/chairs, and a king bed. It was heavenly!! And, less than a value at Disney! I know they are more expensive than Disney now (they turned into a Great Wolf Lodge), but, are about moderate-resort prices now... and so worth it!

1. Faster bus system. Esp on handling scooters. It takes forever and ever.
2. Bus 'on demand' in the morning. Have guests 'order' buses ahead of times. If nobody in the wait area is going to Typhoon Lagoon, switch that bus and go somewhere else where we want. Also have buses go resorts to resorts, again, on demand if that's faster.
3. Shower caps. I always have to ask for one or bring my own.
4. Have more adult stuff to do during the day. Have a lounge / bar or whatever where I can grab a bite or drinks.

Just did a search of my dates in late May. I amend my earlier statement that I can stay deluxe for $10 more than an AoA suite. It is actually $15 more. For that $15, I could stay at Yacht Club, have 2 queens and a daybed (vs. 1 real bed at AoA,) full balcony, access to Stormalong Bay, and walk to Epcot. That's crazy to me. AoA is nice and all, but its definately not the Yacht Club! As I said earlier though, we chose the lower priced option and went with POR.
These are things that you value most in a vacation and for that I can understand spending a little more to get it. For some families it's a different story. Some are families of 6, not 5, and they can't fit in a deluxe room or a POR room. Some value having the kitchenette to be able to save money on food expenses. Having a second bathroom can be a huge difference maker for some families. And some value having a second room so that they can put the kids to bed, shut the door and have a little bit of time alone. The balconies at the deluxes are nice, but there are some things you just cannot do on them...like watch television. As you said in your previous reply to me, different strokes.

Oh, and some people just really like the Value Resorts. Not me, but different strokes..ya know?

Disney is not going to drop the price on those suites because some people think the price is ridiculous. There are plenty of people who think it makes sense. Disney could just as easily made a "guaranteed connecting rooms" category at the Value Resorts and in true Disney fashion, charged a little more for them. They didn't. But as long as the family suites are filling at the price that Disney charges in spite of the crazy makeshift beds and lower occupancy limit, Disney is going to charge the rate of 2 rooms +.

Last edited:
I think I have to agree with resort to resort busses. We love to try new restaurants outside of the parks but we aren't fans of going the taxi route and sometimes using parks or DS as a transfer gets cumbersome. Especially at breakfast time!

Oh, I have a few! I think it is just dumb to have certain amenities missing from ANY hotel room, especially any WDW hotel room.

The following amenities should be standard in EVERY hotel room, everywhere:
1. magnifying/shaving mirror
2. FOUR decent bath towels. They don't have to be the premium SHEET sized towels, but I think it is just annoying to find a hotel room with just TWO smallish towels, especially if there's FOUR people in the room.
3. ample counter space
4. ample number of outlets. In 2018, every hotel rooms should have strip outlet located someplace obvious.
5. blankets. I couldn't believe it when our moderately priced, northern state hotel room didn't come with blankets! It was the middle of winter, outdoor temps were well below freezing, and the beds didn't have blankets. It was just bizarre! The rest of the hotel was quite nice, including the in-room amenities. the lack of blankets was bizarre.
6. pillows! Another rather upscale hotel we visited only provided teeny tiny pillows! They were able 1/3 of a standard sized pillow. Again, just a bizarre thing to omit.
7. coffeemaker

Call me crazy, but a hotel that doesn't supply these basics scares me a little bit. It makes me think, where else has this hotel cut corners? Am I going to find bedbugs in my luggage? Do the smoke alarms and fire sprinklers function? Is the water safe to drink?

In my opinion, for what Disney is charging, buses (I have %90.00 of my Disney transport experience with buses so I'll stick with them); buses should run at least every 20 minutes. We should never ever be waiting more than 20 minutes them.

From my experience, they usually do take about that or less, but time is money!!

Mug refill stations that are open 24 hrs.
We don't normally get the refillable mugs. Partly, I just don't see the savings, because IMO, time is money. If I have to walk to the food court to get coffee, that's time away from my vacation.

I'd maybe reconsider if WDW put many refill stations throughout every resort. We once stayed a hotel that had filtered ice water stations near every elevator, and that was super!

Then again, I'm all for going green, but I think WDW should wash our dishes, not us. I'm just waiting for the day they invite us to wash all our plates, trays, and silverware!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter