things I wish Disney World hotels have

These are things that you value most in a vacation and for that I can understand spending a little more to get it. For some families it's a different story. Some are families of 6, not 5, and they can't fit in a deluxe room or a POR room. Some value having the kitchenette to be able to save money on food expenses. Having a second bathroom can be a huge difference maker for some families. And some value having a second room so that they can put the kids to bed, shut the door and have a little bit of time alone. The balconies at the deluxes are nice, but there are some things you just cannot do on them...like watch television. As you said in your previous reply to me, different strokes.

Oh, and some people just really like the Value Resorts. Not me, but different strokes..ya know?

Disney is not going to drop the price on those suites because some people think the price is ridiculous. There are plenty of people who think it makes sense. Disney could just as easily made a "guaranteed connecting rooms" category at the Value Resorts and in true Disney fashion, charged a little more for them. They didn't. But as long as the family suites are filling at the price that Disney charges in spite of the crazy makeshift beds and lower occupancy limit, Disney is going to charge the rate of 2 rooms +.
Well my post was the one you quoted when you said something to the effect of, "People used to discuss how Disney didn't have value options for families of 5+ and now they have ASMu and AoA suites and people still aren't happy." I'm just explaining why I'm still not happy, lol. (Disney's value suite options have been around since we became a family of 5, anyway.) But since this is a thread about "Things we wish Disney resorts have," I still say I wish they had more affordable suite options because I feel they are not "value" priced. My opinion. You feel they are priced right, and you have a right to your opinion. ;)

I suspect I'm not the only one who feels this way though, because they seem to always have availability and they are almost always included in discounts.

I would love to see the expected bus arrival time available either on the channel in the resort rooms or on the app. They have the data as it is on the screens at the bus stop so seems like it wouldn't be too hard to post elsewhere. It would be fabulous to gauge whether we had time for a few more sips of coffee or if it was go time.
This! I have often thought about how much better Disney days would be if we could start them off with an unrushed walk to the bus. Or without those times you get to the stop only to wish you hadn't taken those extra 50 seconds to check the toothpaste top before walking out of the room -- because that's exactly how many seconds you could have used instead to get on the bus that's just pulling away!

Wouldn't it be easy enough to put those arrival times all together on ine screen, over closed circuit tv in the rooms?

Wouldn't it be easy enough to put those arrival times all together on ine screen, over closed circuit tv in the rooms?

I haven't seen it myself, but I am almost positive I have read here on the DIS that they are doing that now.

This! I have often thought about how much better Disney days would be if we could start them off with an unrushed walk to the bus. Or without those times you get to the stop only to wish you hadn't taken those extra 50 seconds to check the toothpaste top before walking out of the room -- because that's exactly how many seconds you could have used instead to get on the bus that's just pulling away!

The few times we have used the current wait boards, we saw the arrival times change though. The time it takes to walk tot he bus stop can be significant at many WDW resorts. It would primarily only be useful when your room is close to the bus stop.

I have the same problem sometimes with the ride wait times in MDE. I see a posted 15 wait for Splash in MDE, but by the time we walk over, the wait is already up to 60minutes. The system is slowly improving though.

We don't normally get the refillable mugs. Partly, I just don't see the savings, because IMO, time is money. If I have to walk to the food court to get coffee, that's time away from my vacation.

That is the primary reason my mother always gets a room right near by. Especially considering how large some of the resorts are!

It would be cool if characters came to the resorts to visit guests, not just for character meals. For some reason I remember a character bus that used to come in the mornings, but that was like 16 years ago.

Only time I have seen that was a couple years ago when a hurricane closed the parks for a day and a half. People were confined to their resorts. At CBR there were several characters in the food court area entertaining kids that day.

Only time I have seen that was a couple years ago when a hurricane closed the parks for a day and a half. People were confined to their resorts. At CBR there were several characters in the food court area entertaining kids that day.

Actually, that's been sort of a regular thing at CBR for the last 5 years or so. Our last 6 stays at CBR we have seen at least 2 characters at the pool and inside Old Port Royal at least one day per trip. Could have been more on days we weren't at the resort during the day.

That is the primary reason my mother always gets a room right near by. Especially considering how large some of the resorts are!

Has your family ever tried club level? WDW's CL isn't really worth the current (crazy high) price WDW is charging, but at non-WDW hotels it can be very worthwhile.

CL offerings vary by hotel, but usually includes a continental breakfast, with a full array of non-alcoholic drinks, usually even bottled water and milk.

Best of all, the lounges are usually located semi-near the rooms, and much easier than having to go to the lobby or food court.

I dunno, I've just never really appreciated the appeal of WDW's refillable mugs. Mind, I actually own plenty of them thanks to the DDP, but we've never used them very much.

Has your family ever tried club level? WDW's CL isn't really worth the current (crazy high) price WDW is charging, but at non-WDW hotels it can be very worthwhile.

CL offerings vary by hotel, but usually includes a continental breakfast, with a full array of non-alcoholic drinks, usually even bottled water and milk.

Best of all, the lounges are usually located semi-near the rooms, and much easier than having to go to the lobby or food court.

I dunno, I've just never really appreciated the appeal of WDW's refillable mugs. Mind, I actually own plenty of them thanks to the DDP, but we've never used them very much.

We have looked into it for WDW, its just too much of a cost increase (as you stated)! We look every so often when planing trips, but we seem to have settled on the AKL, and have always gotten our requested room (pool view near Mara). Therefore, we are near the pool, QS, lobby, and buses, and so it works out well. For other resorts it might be a different story.

For 2019's Florida trip we are seriously considering off property and/or Universal and will def keep it in mind!!

Since I drink a very large amount of coffee, the mugs are worth it to me, but unless you drink a lot of soda and/or coffee they're probably not worth it.

At Aulani your PhotoPass photos are available to view daily right on your room's tv. It was such a neat feature, we loved checking them out when we came back to the room at night! That would be fun at WDW too.

It's happening! On the app at least. :yay:

https://wdwnt.com/2018/04/confirmed...ence-app-for-walt-disney-world-resort-guests/

I travel a lot and for those trips, I throw my phone, a paper atlas, suitcases and emergency equipment in the car and go. My hotel search list is..

Close to or includes bar and grill/restaurant, free breakfast, free and/or secured parking, three or higher on a five scale review, friendly staff, small refrigerator and microwave, coffee maker and frequent guest perks. WDW has 2 or 3 of my requirements depending on the staff and costs 2 to 3 times as much as I would pay at a Hilton Garden Inn, or Best Western or Drury hotel property. Drury even gives me three free glasses of wine per evening. Think about it.

Then again, I'm all for going green, but I think WDW should wash our dishes, not us. I'm just waiting for the day they invite us to wash all our plates, trays, and silverware!

I wish I could remember the name of the hotel we stayed at one time a couple years ago (not Disney, but a national chain, happened to be in Illinois at the time), but they washed my baby's bottles that I left filled with water (soaking) on the bathroom sink, as well as put the teething rings in a bucket of ice along with a note as to where they were. They even left 2 bottles of water and a pack of goldfish crackers. I was thoroughly shocked. We had only paid about $125 for the room/night so we were definitely not expecting extra care.

I'd love to have king sized pillows on king sized beds. And they don't need five or six of them. Two would do nicely

I wish I could remember the name of the hotel we stayed at one time a couple years ago (not Disney, but a national chain, happened to be in Illinois at the time), but they washed my baby's bottles that I left filled with water (soaking) on the bathroom sink, as well as put the teething rings in a bucket of ice along with a note as to where they were. They even left 2 bottles of water and a pack of goldfish crackers. I was thoroughly shocked. We had only paid about $125 for the room/night so we were definitely not expecting extra care.
That's pretty wild. I only meant WDW should wash our dishes in the sense that I don't want to wash my mug, unless I was staying in any room that has a dishwasher. I've always expected to do the dishes in condos, DVC, and any room with a dishwasher or pots/pans.

We have looked into it for WDW, its just too much of a cost increase (as you stated)! We look every so often when planing trips, but we seem to have settled on the AKL, and have always gotten our requested room (pool view near Mara). Therefore, we are near the pool, QS, lobby, and buses, and so it works out well. For other resorts it might be a different story.

For 2019's Florida trip we are seriously considering off property and/or Universal and will def keep it in mind!!

Since I drink a very large amount of coffee, the mugs are worth it to me, but unless you drink a lot of soda and/or coffee they're probably not worth it.
Oh, I do like coffee. I just don't like cremora very much, and at last check, WDw doesn't offer milk for the mugs. You have to buy it.

I've tried WDW every way possible. This past trip, I actually brought a suitcase full of parmalat style milk boxes and coffee pods. :)

a bonus of CL though is that the WDW ones have Nespresso Machines. With little moerthan a push of a button, the machines serve espresso, lattes, etc. The CL's also have regular coffee too. Best of all though, you can get any kind of milk to go with it!

While you can get lattes elsewhere at WDw, there's often a long wait.

If ever you are staying at one of Universal's deluxes, consider looking into their CL. Their CL is still usually a pretty good deal, and the food at Portofino and Royal Pacific is very good!

While $100 extra per night sounds like a lot, and for 1 perons that would be too much - CL is a flat rate. If you have 4 people per room, that's only $25 per person. When I compare CL to food court prices, then CL can absolutely be a better deal sometimes.

As I said though, non WDW is better. One hotel we like only adds $20 per day for CL, but charges $4 per cup of coffee in the lobby!

It would be fabulous to gauge whether we had time for a few more sips of coffee or if it was go time.

ETA: It's happening... on the app at least!
https://wdwnt.com/2018/04/confirmed...ence-app-for-walt-disney-world-resort-guests/

It's cool that it will be on the app now, but how accurate does everyone think that it will be? As a friendly tip to your coffee comment though, I always grab a few extra to go coffee cups / lids w/ me and bring them back to the room. That way I can bring a small bit of coffee with me on the way down to the bus and it's usually gone by the time I get down there. That way I don't have to carry my mug all day and don't risk spilling coffee on anyone on the crowded bus.

Clocks! I hate that I now need to request a clock for a hotel room.

I know Disney will never develop an adults only resort but how about a swimming pool with a bar area that is just for adults (like on DCL)?

Actually I can remember one pool in the GF back in 2000 having 'adults only' time and you were actually allowed to drink beers and drinks in the pool. Not sure when they did away with it, but it definitely was a thing.

I'd also like to add one thing - two free refillable mugs per room. Most resorts nowadays have free coffee (or even free breakfast), would it kill Disney to put two mugs per room per stay. If there is more than 2 people than you'd buy additional, but the small cost of putting two mugs in each room might offset some of the bad taste of charged parking in some people's minds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter