• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

things I wish Disney World hotels have

1. I wish they'd go back to having unused ticket days be valid forever.
2. Half-portions or senior meals at the restaurants. We'd spend more money ordering 2 senior meals than sharing one entree.
3. Free parking at the resorts.
4. Coffee pots in the value rooms.
5. Bigger towels, or bath sheets. We're 4 people in a room, privacy is minimal. I want a towel that covers the bare essentials!
6. Speaking of towels... towel animals!

Yes!!! This is another gripe I have with Disney's suite options. (Other than the high price, LOL.) You still only get 1 real bed. Seriously? For upwards of $300-$400/night, I expect more than 1 real bed and would rather not use pull out couches and fold down tables and chairs!

I think they should change over the dining room in the AoA suites to a bedroom. That would be perfect.

Bring back the character bus. I loved that when I was little!

Can there just be rooms with 2 actual beds in some of the deluxes? I hate that most of them have one normal bed and a pull out sofa. Unless I'm staying by myself (which is rare) that sofa is never getting used.

Late night food options.

I think the number #1 for my family is late night food choices.
Sometimes we get so busy and are trying to fit last minute things into our night and don't realize we are hungry until its too late.

2016 we were at Boardwalk in the Summer and couldn't believe the early shutdown of food items. Fortunately at least there was ESPN club

Free breakfast, and okay I’ll just say it...free parking :)

It would be cool if characters came to the resorts to visit guests, not just for character meals. For some reason I remember a character bus that used to come in the mornings, but that was like 16 years ago.

That was right after 9/11. They had canceled extra magic hours & had characters come to the resort. I have photos of Pinocchio & Geppeto at the Contemporary in April, after 9/11.

I'd love for Disney to at least operate on the level of comparable hotels (and hopefully better), and I'd love to see a few improvements:

1) Do not disturb signs that actually mean do not disturb. On a case by case basis, call the guest if there's a need or if they've left up the sign "too long." (I still disagree with this idea, but concede that hotel owners have the right to enter with advance notice).

2) 24 hour dining or at least 24 hour room service dining options (people WILL order pizza and wings at 3am, just charge a premium for it, people will pay it).

3) Get back to the "no nickel and dime" business model. Sure, charge me extra for parking, but don't give me a separate charge, just build it into the room rate. Don't even think about a separate resort charge, it's annoying everywhere else too (also, include taxes/fees when pricing out the vacation, I don't want to wait to see the final rate at the end)

4) Comfortable beds. Our most recent stay at Yacht club left a lot to be desired. I'd love to see more comfortable mattresses!

5) A microfridge in every room (to include a freezer). In most college dorms, you get an awesome combo appliance of a microwave, freezer, and fridge. It's annoying being only with a mini fridge, which is why we prefer to stay off site where we can get a suite with both a freezer and fridge, for the cost of a value resort. We use reusable ice packs to keep baby food and expressed breast milk cold while in the parks, and while travelling by plane. It's a hassle to go and get ice each day and for the plane ride home, and it's more economical to use reusable ice packs in lieu of actual ice. Also, i'd love to store ice cream/frozen meals for late night snacks!

6) Suites with 2 queen beds (many other posters in this thread agree, sofabeds aren't as comfy as a real bed)

7) Estimated time of arrival for Disney transportation on the app. Uber and Lyft have a convenient map showing where the vehicle is, and how many minutes it should take to get to you. Disney needs this as well! The technology is already there!

8) A minor thing, but I'd love to be able to book EVERYTHING Disney on one app. Currently you have to book a hotel reservation via the mobile site, or desktop site, or by calling in. I'd love to be able to go to the app, book a hotel, and have it automatically link.

If Disney made all of the above changes, I'd be less likely to book off-site like we mostly do now. For me it would mean that the extra cost to stay on-site would be justified, unlike it is now.

I priced out a week in December at Yacht Club, and for the same total cost of the vacation (including all costs for travel, etc), i can stay off site and do a week in CA at Disneyland for Halloween party, and I can do a week in FL at WDW for Christmas party, with better lodging in both locations, since like I said, Disney-on-site in its current state just doesn't offer as much value as it used to.

I agree with those who've said family suites with more "real beds." I'd love to see a family Suite with a King or Queen size bed, and 2 sets of bunk beds.
That would require three rooms in the unit. I can't see them ever doing it.
1) Do not disturb signs that actually mean do not disturb.
You know that's not coming back for a long time, if ever.
5) A microfridge in every room (to include a freezer). In most college dorms, you get an awesome combo appliance of a microwave, freezer, and fridge.
Most college dorms are occupied by the same individuals for four or eight months. Hotel rooms could conceivably have a different occupant nightly. Never more than 30 nights, and that'd be extremely extreme.
7) Estimated time of arrival for Disney transportation on the app.
Rumor has it that this is coming.

Most college dorms are occupied by the same individuals for four or eight months. Hotel rooms could conceivably have a different occupant nightly. Never more than 30 nights, and that'd be extremely extreme.

And you know what would make me want to book longer stays...amenities that make it that much more convenient to do so, hence my suggestion of a microfridge.

The dining plan credits do not expire for say, 20 years. That way people have incentive to save up the extra credits for future trips when the kids are older and eat more, instead of buying a bunch of junk to bring home. Also give them an incentive to go back to WDW because they still have food there!

It doesn't make ANY sense for Disney to do that from their perspective, though.

Only if they could be down free. I know I'm far from the only person allergic to down.

I don't think the beds themselves are down. So then you'd just need to make sure Disney stocked Westin's down alternative stuff.

I wish Disney would invest in water chillers for the pools. I have been in a number at various resorts (POFQ, ASM, CBR, etc.) that feel like bath water in the summer time! Failing that, how about an ice block or two?

The pools are always at about 84 degrees. I don't want to be in a pool much cooler than that...

Instead of having everyone fight each other at the 180 day mark for an ADR, how about some form of priority seating system for Disney guests only? Or at the very least, allow Disney guests to make dining reservations first like with the FPs? I mean, they are the ones being forced to stay on property.

? Apart from that first day you aren't fighting with non-guests. You have the whole rest of your onsite stay bookable at that mark.

Do not disturb signs that actually mean do not disturb. On a case by case basis, call the guest if there's a need or if they've left up the sign "too long." (I still disagree with this idea, but concede that hotel owners have the right to enter with advance notice).

The non-Disney hotels I've stayed at in the last 6 or so months do just that, with calls making sure all is well. They seem to be doing OK. It's just ridiculous how disney guests are being treated.

The non-Disney hotels I've stayed at in the last 6 or so months do just that, with calls making sure all is well. They seem to be doing OK. It's just ridiculous how disney guests are being treated.

Ain't it a trip? The biggest problem we had with the visits while we were at Yacht in February were the inconsistencies between CMs. Some said it was for security, some for trash, some just stuttered. The sad part is that I wasn't aware of these forums until after our trip, and we were only vaguely aware of the policy change. I wish I had educated myself to save myself some stress.

It's simple change management, and as a successful corporation, Disney has failed here. I would have been much more understanding had there been a pop up on the app, or a notification to come to the front desk to let me know of the policy, but it was just a "knock knock open up" surprise for us. As with any change, there should be communication ahead of time, and consistent implementation. We received neither.

LOL @ most of this thread. Just LOL.

Almost everything people wish for relate to value and cost. EVERYTHING Disney does is a calculated effort to get you to spend more money.

Don't like waiting for a bus, spend more money at a Monorail resort.
Thing 2 queen beds don't have enough room for a family of 5, spend more money on a 1 bedroom.
ect
ect
ect
LOL @ most of this thread. Just LOL.

Almost everything people wish for relate to value and cost. EVERYTHING Disney does is a calculated effort to get you to spend more money.

Don't like waiting for a bus, spend more money at a Monorail resort.
Thing 2 queen beds don't have enough room for a family of 5, spend more money on a 1 bedroom.
ect
ect
ect
Except that only works until demand falls because guests feel that they are paying too much for too little in return. Some of these ideas are pretty inexpensive and go a long way toward making guests want to return vs making them feel like they've just been robbed by a mouse who is now laughing at them.

(Edited b/c post was in the wrong place). I think Disney hotels should have blankets on the beds, larger mini-fridges that are actually cold, thermostats guests can actually control, DND signs (goes without saying), bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion at every resort, later pool hours, resort mugs specific to the resort like in the old days, and more resort-specific stuff in the gift shops. I feel like there is less and less of that every time we go.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter