Resort Change by Disney

Ok so ppl with reservations june 22 to July 4 wishing to still come are being moved. Two have reported being moved to OKW and SS at no charge.
It appears they may be doing this in rolling weeks again, you'll need to check your emails but for right now this is for June 22 to July 4

So now with the new directives released today, what are you guys thinking about those in cash stays at values/mods in mid-late July??

Do you think they’ll follow this (reference image)
I hope so. We plan on going regardless. I would be fine at our original resort but if they move us somewhere else, we will go with it.

I hope so. We plan on going regardless. I would be fine at our original resort but if they move us somewhere else, we will go with it.
We are booked at ASMo and we actually really love that resort (we own dvc and have stayed at almost all deluxe, mods and values over the years...). We'd prefer to keep our current reservation to being moved but we are trying to stay open to rolling with it. I just don't want the FW cabins! I'm sure they are perfectly lovely but we currently are booked with 4 queen beds and 2 bathrooms. The cabins would be a downgrade and we'd cancel that part of our stay.

We are booked at ASMo and we actually really love that resort (we own dvc and have stayed at almost all deluxe, mods and values over the years...). We'd prefer to keep our current reservation to being moved but we are trying to stay open to rolling with it. I just don't want the FW cabins! I'm sure they are perfectly lovely but we currently are booked with 4 queen beds and 2 bathrooms. The cabins would be a downgrade and we'd cancel that part of our stay.

Its possible you could see a move to a 2 bedroom since that seems to fit what you have? I am getting the sense that they will be trying to match guests so it doesn’t feel like a downgrade.

We are ASMo also and we are staying there for nostalgia's sake since all 3 of my kids plus my daughter in law will be joining us and that was the favored resort when my kids were little. We also have stayed at many of the resorts in each level over the years. Since we have 3 rooms for 6 people, we can go just about anywhere and we will be happy.

Edited to add: We do have a "travel with" note on our reservations but know that there is no guarantee if we are moved that we would end up at the same resort. Since my kids are adults (and almost an adult), we would still make it work if we ended up at different resorts. That would be a bummer though since resort hopping would not be allowed.

Guest services moved me from ASMo to Ft Wilderness cabins (same dates June 24-27) for no extra charge. I was booked on the free dining recovery offer.
I don’t blame you! 2 bathrooms is a big deal. I hope it works out for you.
I still have a POR and Caribbean Beach reservation in July that will have to be figured out if they remain closed.

Its possible you could see a move to a 2 bedroom since that seems to fit what you have? I am getting the sense that they will be trying to match guests so it doesn’t feel like a downgrade.
Well, we have 2 rooms at Movies that so far, I've not been able to get 'linked' other than that I booked them with rooms requesting be connected. I'm worried we will be placed at different resorts :( I can handle not getting connected rooms - we had that last Aug at POR even though we requested connecting - so we had our teen dd's in one room and dh & I with our younger boys in one room but we were a bit apart. I'm fine with that again but two different resorts would be pretty hard.

Well, we have 2 rooms at Movies that so far, I've not been able to get 'linked' other than that I booked them with rooms requesting be connected. I'm worried we will be placed at different resorts :( I can handle not getting connected rooms - we had that last Aug at POR even though we requested connecting - so we had our teen dd's in one room and dh & I with our younger boys in one room but we were a bit apart. I'm fine with that again but two different resorts would be pretty hard.

I think you’d be in a good position to get placed together, if not originally, because it would still be them choosing and not you!

Ok, here is my update. After 3 disconnected calls I finally got through. I was able to modify my Beach Club 7/2-7/7 reservation to a FW cabin 7/19-7/28. I was told at first a cabin was the only available option at the moment. The CM had to put me on hold multiple times to talk to guest services. He said new information is constantly coming in right now, so it keeps changing. He came back at one point and said guest services might be able to keep me at Beach Club for my new dates. (My reservation was on the hotel side)
I declined since Storm Along Bay might not be open and because I have another Beach Club reservation down the road. He couldn’t give me the exact price difference at the moment, but said it would be about a 50-$60 price increase per night because I couldn’t use my AP discount for the new reservation since there isn’t one available for my new dates. I will keep an eye on new AP discounts and call back if needed to adjust. My confirmation number remains the same.
I am just happy to modify and secure a resort for the dates I wanted. Looking forward to our FW cabin adventure!

Interesting. My CM told me he could not drop our AP discount to convert it to any other rate. The only way to do that (according to him) was to cancel now and rebook at a later date. Maybe I'll try again....see if something else has come through.

Good luck, everyone!

I think you’d be in a good position to get placed together, if not originally, because it would still be them choosing and not you!

I’m in the same position. Two different rooms for my family and two of my kids friends and I’m afraid they won’t put us at the same resort. As for preference, the only issue I would have would be getting moved to rooms with one queen and a full pullout couch verses the two queens we have per room at FQ. I’m fine with Saratoga but not a queen and full pullout couch.

I certainly think it is a good sign that moves will be made for free as long as dates are the same and the resort one is at remains closed.

At some point though don't you think they are simply going to run out of rooms? There are existing reservations that are likely good, they only have access to so many DVC and there are folks moving their dates into empty rooms now ... so by time they contact the folks who might be in closed resorts in a couple weeks ... there might be nothing left and they have to bump to later date or cancel. I mean if they lose 10k value resort rooms alone it seems impossible they can acommodate them along with existing guests, then what if rest of moderates are closed??

So far they seem to be following what was expected in some way, and answered that some people are not being charged extra (same dates) and some seem to be losing any discounts or have upcharges. Will be an interesting follow because I think this will still be handled on each individual case and it doesn't seem they are being flexible.

I’m curious if people with split stays at 2 closed resorts if Disney will place them in the same resort for both portions

Interesting. My CM told me he could not drop our AP discount to convert it to any other rate. The only way to do that (according to him) was to cancel now and rebook at a later date. Maybe I'll try again....see if something else has come through.

Good luck, everyone!
It was very clear by my phone call that the CM was quite confused on what the options were. He put me on hold at least 4 times to talk to Guest Services. I feel bad for them! Yes, call back tomorrow and see if you can do it.

I’m in the same position. Two different rooms for my family and two of my kids friends and I’m afraid they won’t put us at the same resort. As for preference, the only issue I would have would be getting moved to rooms with one queen and a full pullout couch verses the two queens we have per room at FQ. I’m fine with Saratoga but not a queen and full pullout couch.

If they move you, you will not be given a choice of resort so if you end up in two studios, your chances are great to have the pull out.

The only ones that don’t are some renovated SSR and RiV which have the Murphy bed. OKW studios have 2 beds,,..the rest have a pull out,

But, if you have the reservations linked and they know you are the same party, you could end up in a larger room as well...though, the pull out is still going to be in most units, even the 2 bedrooms.

At some point though don't you think they are simply going to run out of rooms? There are existing reservations that are likely good, they only have access to so many DVC and there are folks moving their dates into empty rooms now ... so by time they contact the folks who might be in closed resorts in a couple weeks ... there might be nothing left and they have to bump to later date or cancel. I mean if they lose 10k value resort rooms alone it seems impossible they can acommodate them along with existing guests, then what if rest of moderates are closed??

So far they seem to be following what was expected in some way, and answered that some people are not being charged extra (same dates) and some seem to be losing any discounts or have upcharges. Will be an interesting follow because I think this will still be handled on each individual case and it doesn't seem they are being flexible.

I think what’s hard about this to read is we have no idea how many have canceled they did take away a lot of what makes disney magical, you have to remember we are disney fanatics for the most part and these boards only represent a small % of guest. I would trust Disney’s internal numbers. Now I’m not saying there won’t be cases that fall through the cracks but I believe the company is going to do there best to make things work

Yes, but I also think that those who are later in July, early a August may have access to be moved to deluxe rooms if those begin to open,

As you said at least we now have confirmation that the plan is to move people to DVC vs, just automatically canceling everyone.

But, people should be cautious to assume it will be a done deal because at some point, there may not be any place to move someone too...especially as word gets out that a free upgrade is possible.

Last edited:

I think way more people have cancelled then we can possibly imagine. If this was your first trip with your kids.. I can’t imagine taking them. I know we don’t know numbers but I think TONS have cancelled plus we don’t know if some regular resorts could open

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter