Resort Change by Disney

What? They’re going to move you from an open DVC resort to an open DVC resort? Or is this just the case if you wanted to switch dates?
I presume you were booked for Jambo AKL cash?
Yes, I have a cash booking for Jambo 6/22-25. Didn’t want to switch dates, just reduce to 2 nights if possible, but fine with keeping all 3 if modifying was an issue. CM said only Kidani was open and she was trying to move me there. She put me on hold for awhile while she contacted Guest Services, then came back and said she couldn’t do it and this special group assigned to pre-park opening reservations would be reaching out to me with options.

Where would all the points be coming from to move paying guests to DVC resorts? Disney can’t just take member points?

In the DVC rules/regulations there is a provision called breakage. Basically, if a DVC room has not been reserved on points within 60 days, that room can and is made available for a cash reservation. My guess is there have been a lot of DVC point cancellations and since we can go out as far as August 7 at this point (60 days from today), that gives Disney a whole lot of DVC inventory to play with.

There are also points that are owned by DVD (Disney Vacation Development), either as part of the 2% inventory they always maintain, undeclared rooms at Riviera, and points recently acquired through right of first refusal (which is probably minimal since Disney doesn't seem to be exercising that much right now).

So in a nutshell there are very strict rules on what DVC inventory can be sold as cash rooms but given the current situation they likely have quite a bit due to cancellations for the next 60 days.

You may very well still be at Grand Destino that late in September. If every playoff round went the full allotment of games it would end around October 12th if I recall. So you would only have at worst case 8 teams, or best case down to only 2 left. I'm not sure if you would hear directly from Disney or from Expedia if something did change.
If they house NBA at CSR no none-NBA person is setting foot in that Tower until the last player leaves.

So now with the new directives released today, what are you guys thinking about those in cash stays at values/mods in mid-late July??

Do you think they’ll follow this (reference image)
I think this bodes well for them. I would still have a refundable off-site hotel I knew I liked booked but I think this bodes well.

In the DVC rules/regulations there is a provision called breakage. Basically, if a DVC room has not been reserved on points within 60 days, that room can and is made available for a cash reservation. My guess is there have been a lot of DVC point cancellations and since we can go out as far as August 7 at this point (60 days from today), that gives Disney a whole lot of DVC inventory to play with.

There are also points that are owned by DVD (Disney Vacation Development), either as part of the 2% inventory they always maintain, undeclared rooms at Riviera, and points recently acquired through right of first refusal (which is probably minimal since Disney doesn't seem to be exercising that much right now).

So in a nutshell there are very strict rules on what DVC inventory can be sold as cash rooms but given the current situation they likely have quite a bit due to cancellations for the next 60 days.
I would scratch off the DVD 2% inventory as that's what they're using to float the extension of points for people impacted on the DVC side with certain use years and inability to use points. All the flexibility is the breakage rooms at this point.

If they house NBA at CSR no none-NBA person is setting foot in that Tower until the last player leaves.
That was my thought before the "3 resorts" news / rumors regarding the NBA dropped. If they could consolidate to the Four Seasons halfway through, you know they're going there instead of staying at CSR. From the resort side the next level of clarity will be when they finally announce / solidify these two league tournaments and where they're taking rooms at. It'll definitely help paint what kind of picture we're looking at for the July park opening week and the next 60-90 days after.

That was my thought before the "3 resorts" news / rumors regarding the NBA dropped. If they could consolidate to the Four Seasons halfway through, you know they're going there instead of staying at CSR. From the resort side the next level of clarity will be when they finally announce / solidify these two league tournaments and where they're taking rooms at. It'll definitely help paint what kind of picture we're looking at for the July park opening week and the next 60-90 days after.

I would guess that the offer from Disney includes or requires the use of Disney hotels

Yes, I have a cash booking for Jambo 6/22-25. Didn’t want to switch dates, just reduce to 2 nights if possible, but fine with keeping all 3 if modifying was an issue. CM said only Kidani was open and she was trying to move me there. She put me on hold for awhile while she contacted Guest Services, then came back and said she couldn’t do it and this special group assigned to pre-park opening reservations would be reaching out to me with options.
Gotcha. Sorry, I thought you were originally booked at Kidani, which was making my head spin. Best of luck to you in getting your reservation sorted!

I know this might not be true, but another TA posted on Facebook that people may be moved. It will not be a free upgrade, but people will have to pay the difference in price. I really don’t have the extra money to pay out a 1000.00 or more extra.

I know this might not be true, but another TA posted on Facebook that people may be moved. It will not be a free upgrade, but people will have to pay the difference in price. I really don’t have the extra money to pay out a 1000.00 or more extra.
I would check the dates they are referring to. People who are rebooking for reservations through June 21 do have to pay the difference in price. It could be the TA was referring to that. Since Disney has not announced anything past those dates for sure, everything else is rumor.

Where would all the points be coming from to move paying guests to DVC resorts? Disney can’t just take member points?

They can secure any room not booked by members 60 days out To sell for cash to be out toward member dues, capped at a certain lebel. They have their own points to book rooms in advance of 60 days.

In reality, they only need DVC rooms solely until they open their deluxe, But, as of today, all rooms in DVc inventory through Aug 7th can be pulled without Disney needing to do anything special.

I have a feeling that she could not do it is because they have said that the move will be their choice. Hopefully, you hear soon as to where they will send you!

I am also hearing that because DVC has to be moved, they are trying to send them to Kidani...so, my guess would be that won’t be the choice for cash guests moves until all effected DVC are set.

They have stated they are staying in the Disney bubble + Disney will provide kids activities once families arrive. 100% under Disney control. Definitely goodbye Four Seasons, Waldorf Astoria and any other non-Disney owned properties.

I concur the next couple weeks will get us more clarity on NBA and possible MLS hotels. But I see zero hope for GDT stays until the NBA is gone 😔

Disney has stated they are relocating reservations pre 7/4 for free. I have not seen any reports or rumors Disney is making people being moved after that pay up for their move or cancel. If you chose to change dates to 7/11 or later you must pay the difference in cost.

Because Disney has said they are moving reservations for free from 6/22-7/4 and we have reports people in mid-July are being moved free if anyone’s TA tells them the need to pay up to be moved please come talk to us here first to compare notes to others. Also call Disney to confirm it is true.

Reduced capacity is likely done by not opening resorts.

Oh I do think they will move to the deluxe rooms, but they are finite. And we are talking 5400 rooms vs 18,000 value and moderate rooms.

Be great if everyone who wants a room gets one but the math really isn't there unless the state lifts their park capacity letting Disney open up more resorts.

No. They can not prevent all rooms from being bookable to owners

I think that is what concerns me. I understand not opening resorts automatically reduces capacity resort-wide, but running DVC at 100% capacity (or even then adding the deluxe resort side of DVC and running at 100%) runs contrary to reducing capacity. I just can't imagine, for instance, BCV being at 100% starting June 22 and that resort being able to accommodate everyone for breakfast, for instance, with BC Marketplace. That's like running the resort during Christmas season - maybe I'm missing something here, but that doesn't sound like reduced capacity to me. I will be interested in seeing reports regarding resort operations once DVC starts re-opening on June 22.

As of right now, guests with check-in dates from June 5 - June 21 may call in to modify their dates to July 11 - December 31, 2020 to whatever is available in the DVC or Ft. W inventory for their new dates. They would need to pay any difference in price for the change.

Guests checking in between June 22 - July 4, have the option to cancel, modify to new dates (and pay the price difference) or keep their reservation for their dates and, in that case, WDW will move them, for free, to an available open resort (DVC or Ft. W), but the guest must take whatever move they are given, they will not have a choice in resorts.

Disney has stated they are relocating reservations pre 7/4 for free. I have not seen any reports or rumors Disney is making people being moved after that pay up for their move or cancel. If you chose to change dates to 7/11 or later you must pay the difference in cost.

Because Disney has said they are moving reservations for free from 6/22-7/4 and we have reports people in mid-July are being moved free if anyone’s TA tells them the need to pay up to be moved please come talk to us here first to compare notes to others. Also call Disney to confirm it is true.
Out dates are in August.

Did you call to get it moved or did they email you letting you know they moved you?
I called. I got the email with confirm, modify, or cancel by June 12. I clicked modify and immediately regretted it thinking about 3 nights away from this house. 😀 So I called and they took care of it.

For those that could confirm and switch resorts, were you able to reduce the number of days or add people to your room? I don’t consider this a huge modification but wonder if that disqualifies you for the resort switch. And did you find out where you were staying over the phone via CM or later on via email?
They said any date change would be a modification and that would cause me to pay for the room change. They did allow me to add my 11 year old son to the room for the original dates and that did not change anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter