Resort Change by Disney

disneyfan150

DIS Veteran
If anyone has had experience with Disney initiating a resort change, I would appreciate your thoughts. Yesterday it was mentioned that some of the resorts would not open. If my resort was not going to open, is it possible that Disney would just move me to another resort of their choosing, or do you think I would have some kind of choice?

My family was just discussing this same exact question. Following along :)

Hopefully, we'll have a say, even if limited options.

I’m wondering the same. We have 3 nights at BCV using our dvc points but then we move to ASMo for 4 nights (2 rooms). I’m thinking BCV will be open as Disney has already announced dvc will open in June. But if movies is closed, then what? We booked movies for the queen beds. I don’t want sports or music. Pop would be fine. Some choice would be nice!

The "change" option was up and running last night in MDE/My Plans. I wanted to see what was open since you can't use the booking option. The only values that were open for changing to were AOA and Pop. There was PLEEEENTY of availability at the All-Stars yesterday for S&F before the announcements--like all categories. I wonder if they are looking at Pop and AoA for value consolidation. They just did the Pop refurb and were working on AOA. They have Skyliner which right now is the preferred mode of travel and they can easily move the ASMu suite bookings to AOA.

I'm trying to find posts and articles from right after 9/11 when they did resort consolidation, but I'm not really finding much.

I am booked under Sun and Fun and this could mean nothing--these are the hotels that I could have paid to "change to" for August:
Pop Century
Kidani Village
BRV
AoA
Saratoga
Copper Creek
BLT
YC
Contemporary
Caribbean Beach Resort

Last edited:
The "change" option was up and running last night in MDE/My Plans. I wanted to see what was open since you can't use the booking option. The only values that were open for changing to were AOA and Pop. Did you happen to notice if Yacht Club was open?

I'm trying to find posts and articles from right after 9/11 when they did resort consolidation, but I'm not really finding much. Thanks for searching. I didn't even think about doing a search.

I updated my post with the list as you posted. It's weird to me that there were a lot of cash DVC options. Here's the list of options--

I am booked under Sun and Fun and this could mean nothing--these are the hotels that I could have paid to "change to" for August:
Pop Century
Kidani Village
BRV
AoA
Saratoga
Copper Creek
BLT
YC
Contemporary
Caribbean Beach Resort

The change option is not available on MDE--I tried this morning to see if these were still listed.

Last edited:
I'm at Pop so if they move me, I just hope it's to another Skyliner resort!
Im in the same boat, I booked POP for the skyliner bc I use a scooter at Disney and I HATE getting the scooter on buses lol Im fine with being moved as long as its a skyliner or monorail (yea right) resort
Its exciting the thought of being upgraded but of course thats probably doubtful.. Just as long as Im not being moved to the all stars bc I do NOT like the all stars at all

I'm interested to see what happens. We're booked at the end of July at Wilderness Lodge. I know that the DVC resorts will be open, but I wonder about the regular hotel parts of DVC resorts. Will they try to consolidate all the MK area resorts to just a couple? Just one? Same with Epcot resorts? I mean, I'm open to whatever, but I will be really intrigued to see where this goes.

ETA: It stands to reason if they're going to staff DVC resorts like CC/BRV that they would just keep the regular resort rooms open too in those DVC resorts...

I updated my post with the list as you posted. It's weird to me that there were a lot of cash DVC options. Here's the list of options--

Pop Century
Kidani Village
BRV
AoA
Saratoga
Copper Creek
BLT
YC
Contemporary
Caribbean Beach Resort

The change option is not available on MDE--I tried this morning to see if these were still listed.
Thank you!

I have had two friends that have had resort changes that were initiated by Disney. Both of them were presented with the resort that they were going to be changed to. Neither were presented with options of resorts, but likewise, neither of them asked for other options. Both were given "upgrades": Pop to AKL and CBR to AKL and they both were excited about the resort change.

We have a Wilderness Lodge stay 7/25-8/1 and logged on to see if anything else opened up as we were really wanting Yacht Club. All available options are deluxe/DVC resorts, no value or moderate. Not really sure if those options are even legit as they have put a hold on reservations and look to be working on starting the new reservation system they announced yesterday.

EDIT 6/1/20: Should have been more clear about the friends‘ resort reservation changes. One friend had a reservation changed from CBR to AKL in 2018. The POP to AKL change was mid-February 2020. Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:
I got in just now, it says "Can't display any of your plans right now". Definitely something!
(Or Disney IT doing its weekly thing...:D)

When I try to modify now it says no resorts are available and it looks like they took Sun and Fun away. It won’t even let me look at rack rate rooms like it did last night.

Disney is now saying "no timeline" on when resorts will open. Was a mistake yesterday
Where did you see this? They stated that the DVC resorts and the campground will open June 22nd. No mention of other resorts that I saw yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter