Resort Change by Disney

So, going by that, I see no reason for Disney to have canceled my reservation. The only thing I can come up with is that they saw a room that sleeps 5 with only 2 people in it and canceled to move someone else into it. Or, TA did indeed cancel it. It was in my MDE, Disney had a way to contact me. I'm still pretty sad lol

I agree with PPs. I would contact your TA again and see if he/she can recover this reservation for you. It sounds like there was some kind of mistake. Lots of parties of 2 book studios (and other rooms that sleep 5 for that matter). I don't think that would be a good reason to cancel you out of that room.

I have just received the email within the last hour about my 7/2 Beach Club reservation on the hotel side of BC. I could confirm I am still going, cancel or call to modify. I am currently waiting on hold to see if I can modify this reservation a couple weeks. What else do I need to know??
If Storm along Bay won’t be open I rather stay somewhere else, if I get any options to move at all and if their is availability.
I have no clue what my options might be!!

I have just received the email within the last hour about my 7/2 Beach Club reservation on the hotel side of BC. I could confirm I am still going, cancel or call to modify. I am currently waiting on hold to see if I can modify this reservation a couple weeks. What else do I need to know??
If Storm along Bay won’t be open I rather stay somewhere else, if I get any options to move at all and if their is availability.
I have no clue what my options might be!!
Please keep us posted of your outcome. Thx

I got the confirm/modify/cancel email about my 6/22 non-DVC AKL reservation a few hours ago and immediately called to see if I could modify it to arrive a day day later. The CM told me she couldn’t make any changes past 6/21 yet and couldn’t explain why I’d received the email. She told me to call back at the end of the week. On hold again to talk to someone else now that I’ve seen others received the email too. Hoping she just wasn’t up to date on things yet!

I got the confirm/modify/cancel email about my 6/22 non-DVC AKL reservation a few hours ago and immediately called to see if I could modify it to arrive a day day later. The CM told me she couldn’t make any changes past 6/21 yet and couldn’t explain why I’d received the email. She told me to call back at the end of the week. On hold again to talk to someone else now that I’ve seen others received the email too. Hoping she just wasn’t up to date on things yet!
Oh no, I’m going on 53 minutes on hold. I hope the person that answers for me can assist.

I posted last week information shared with me that would occur but never said rest of the year.l.just it was the plan until they open up the values and mods.

But, no mention for the length it would be..but, they were told they would have no choice so if they didn’t like the choice, the only other option was cancel

Now, it’s been posted here this week that deluxe may open closer to park opening and that not all people will be moved, but some might be canceled,

It sounds like the move to DVC is still in the works, but now seems like maybe the deluxe resorts will open mid July.

It was also posted in another thread someone had a friend called today and told they were moving to a DVC and not given a choice. So, it’s been confirmed now to happen to at least one,

So expect that things can change with what happens in Florida but it does seem like we might start hearing more about moves or cancels for July Soon,

My friend said she would let me know when her clients are actually moved and I will report that.

I spoke to someone at Disney reservations (re: my own reservation) who said that the only inventory the reservation reps had access to (TODAY, 6/6) for all July arrivals is at DVC locations. And only for changes in arrival dates, not for new reservations.

Availability was described as limited in the extreme. Our arrival is at the end of June, and there was a lot of time spent searching and discussing elsewhere while I was on hold. Short version: I wasn't able to move our reservation, so I'll be waiting for Disney to cancel and then deciding what to do from there. I may call back in a week, I don't know....

(Just to be clear, I was only inquiring about moving to any arrival date in July....)

I actually got one to confirm my DVC stay at VGF...which surprised me.

I have a question and don’t know if I missed it earlier in the thread or it hasn’t been asked. I booked a room through expedia at Grand Destino tower during the week of September 20-27. As I understand it, the NBA is probably going to be using that resort there during those dates. I have the reservation linked on MDE, have added park tickets, and mickey’s not so scary tickets. Would I be moved, or because technically it’s a third party booking will it be handled differently?
You may very well still be at Grand Destino that late in September. If every playoff round went the full allotment of games it would end around October 12th if I recall. So you would only have at worst case 8 teams, or best case down to only 2 left. I'm not sure if you would hear directly from Disney or from Expedia if something did change.

I got through after a 60 minute hold, and the CM tried hard to help me, but because I now want to check in on 6/23 instead of 6/22 I was told I needed to work with a “special team” who unfortunately were all gone for the day. So I will be trying again tomorrow too!

Going to try and move my June 24th Coronado Tower to GF around Christmas time. Pretty confident I won’t use it but just in case.

This leaves me with a late August reservation at Coronado Tower that, apparently, LeBron is going to take from me. Interested in seeing what happens there.

I got through quickly about an hour ago. However, after much discussion with the very polite CM who was unable to confirm much--she was reading scripted language. She was very kind but ultimately told me I could modify or cancel, but if I canceled I would not be able to use the 35% discount later. I decided to modify to the week of Thanksgiving. According to her for our dates/party size there was VERY little available on the monorail loop (unless you wanted 2 bedrooms). On a positive note, we have not been during Thanksgiving, so this will be new for us.

We ended up at the Poly instead of the Contemporary. We figured we would wait and see how all of this plays out and cancel later if necessary or desired.

In the meantime, we will take a quick trip to Universal Studios during our regularly planned dates (WDW park would still not be open). We have not been, so we will see :confused3

Good luck to everyone trying to get through!

Ok, here is my update. After 3 disconnected calls I finally got through. I was able to modify my Beach Club 7/2-7/7 reservation to a FW cabin 7/19-7/28. I was told at first a cabin was the only available option at the moment. The CM had to put me on hold multiple times to talk to guest services. He said new information is constantly coming in right now, so it keeps changing. He came back at one point and said guest services might be able to keep me at Beach Club for my new dates. (My reservation was on the hotel side)
I declined since Storm Along Bay might not be open and because I have another Beach Club reservation down the road. He couldn’t give me the exact price difference at the moment, but said it would be about a 50-$60 price increase per night because I couldn’t use my AP discount for the new reservation since there isn’t one available for my new dates. I will keep an eye on new AP discounts and call back if needed to adjust. My confirmation number remains the same.
I am just happy to modify and secure a resort for the dates I wanted. Looking forward to our FW cabin adventure!

Guest services moved me from ASMo to Ft Wilderness cabins (same dates June 24-27) for no extra charge. I was booked on the free dining recovery offer.
Were you given a choice? Or since it wasn’t a charge they just told you?

Well, this still leaves me wondering about my non-DVC deluxe reservation at the end of July...I'm feeling very confused about all this.

It kinda like we will be moved to a resort that is open at no charge, like they’re doing for reservations in early July. Those guests are
Only charged if they move dates

So now with the new directives released today, what are you guys thinking about those in cash stays at values/mods in mid-late July??

Do you think they’ll follow this (reference image)

Attachments

• 6EA9E962-BE59-4642-851E-AB09594639FE.jpeg
    6EA9E962-BE59-4642-851E-AB09594639FE.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 145

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter