Resort Change by Disney

I’m in the same position. Two different rooms for my family and two of my kids friends and I’m afraid they won’t put us at the same resort. As for preference, the only issue I would have would be getting moved to rooms with one queen and a full pullout couch verses the two queens we have per room at FQ. I’m fine with Saratoga but not a queen and full pullout couch.
Yep, same as us. We don't love the pull out sofas but a couple of my kids don't seem to mind them too much so that is less of an issue for us. I just want us all at the same resort. I'm thinking us 'value peasants' will get SSR.

Yes, but I also think that those who are later in July, early a August may have access to be moved to deluxe rooms if those begin to open,

I would imagine they would not allow booking for non opened resorts so people can’t Book a value before its open

As you said at least we know have confirmation that the plan is to move people to DVC vs, just automatically canceling everyone.

But, people should be cautious to assume it will be a done deal because at some point, there may not be any place to move someone too...especially as word gets out that a free upgrade is possible.

I’m curious if people with split stays at 2 closed resorts if Disney will place them in the same resort for both portions
We have a split x3 lol...we are at GVF for 1 night, BCV for 3 nights and then to ASMo for 4 nights. I'd love it if they moved that last part to BCV for the ASMo portion but I'm guessing it will be SSR. Over both of those, and especially if SAB isn't open, we'd be just as happy staying at ASMo :)

I think way more people have cancelled then we can possibly imagine. If this was your first trip with your kids.. I can’t imagine taking them. I know we don’t know numbers but I think TONS have cancelled plus we don’t know if some regular resorts could open

Very true plus a lot of the resorts only the DVC side is open so who says they can’t open the regular resort side if more rooms are needed

I also thought they were going to open resorts at reduced capacity? Is reduced capacity even possible at DVC resorts?

I think what’s hard about this to read is we have no idea how many have canceled they did take away a lot of what makes disney magical, you have to remember we are disney fanatics for the most part and these boards only represent a small % of guest. I would trust Disney’s internal numbers. Now I’m not saying there won’t be cases that fall through the cracks but I believe the company is going to do there best to make things work

I think way more people have cancelled then we can possibly imagine. If this was your first trip with your kids.. I can’t imagine taking them. I know we don’t know numbers but I think TONS have cancelled plus we don’t know if some regular resorts could open

Yes I have already said we are a small percentage and so we are in the know more which means there are plenty who are not following the reduction in what will be offered and won't cancel .............. I know lots of people that have changed literally nothing regarding their summer or fall plans and the only way their vacations got cancelled (mostly cruises) is because the company cancelled them. People are acting like this is over everywhere and I don't think the cancels are that high, rather the opposite, folks are desperate to get out and go on vacation.

I think the people are hoping that July will be better, and by August or September stuff will be back. Heard people say that they will appreciate the parks at half capacity not waiting in huge lines so good with other stuff gone. And some I see can't just move vacation to a different date or cancel plane tickets or can't get their payments back.

Things like they just added back a Character Meal are the things that folks will hold on to that by time they go things will be good.

I hope it all works out for everybody - but lots seem to be banking on Disney making magic for everyone.

Very true plus a lot of the resorts only the DVC side is open so who says they can’t open the regular resort side if more rooms are needed

We are talking about the hotel side being open. DVC can not handle all the DVC required guests and cash guests.

Deluxe resorts only have 5400 rooms, and those hotels have existing reservations.

I also thought they were going to open resorts at reduced capacity? Is reduced capacity even possible at DVC resorts?

Reduced capacity is likely done by not opening resorts.

Yes, but I also think that those who are later in July, early a August may have access to be moved to deluxe rooms if those begin to open,

As you said at least we know have confirmation that the plan is to move people to DVC vs, just automatically canceling everyone.

But, people should be cautious to assume it will be a done deal because at some point, there may not be any place to move someone too...especially as word gets out that a free upgrade is possible.

Oh I do think they will move to the deluxe rooms, but they are finite. And we are talking 5400 rooms vs 18,000 value and moderate rooms.

Be great if everyone who wants a room gets one but the math really isn't there unless the state lifts their park capacity letting Disney open up more resorts.

I’m in the same position. Two different rooms for my family and two of my kids friends and I’m afraid they won’t put us at the same resort. As for preference, the only issue I would have would be getting moved to rooms with one queen and a full pullout couch verses the two queens we have per room at FQ. I’m fine with Saratoga but not a queen and full pullout couch.
FWIW - if they give an option of DVC studios, Old Key West offers 2 actual queen beds, no pull-outs. You could also call and get your reservations linked and noted that your rooms need to be moved to the same resort.

Well, not anyone. If you have AP attached to a room reservation in that period you are excluded from rebooking. And I still don't know why. Hopefully when/if Disney responds to my Guest Services email about it we might know why.

What's this? AP discounted rooms are not able to rebook?

I will look to modify to a later date my CBR reservation. Does this mean paying rack rate for the room if no discounts are available? Curious because there are no discounts currently.

Last edited:

I will look to modify to a later date my CBR reservation. Does this mean paying rack rate for the room if no discounts are available? Curious because there are no discounts currently.

It's tricky, and only applies to June reservations at this time, but the deal was you either had to have a room reservation with tickets or a room-only reservation. If you have a ticketless package (like a room, dining plan and using your AP) then you can't reschedule to 7/11-12/31 like the other reservations got to do. So AFAIK if you have a room-only reservation with your AP you would presumably be fine if within that window, but if you booked a package with dining plan you're SOL.

FWIW - if they give an option of DVC studios, Old Key West offers 2 actual queen beds, no pull-outs. You could also call and get your reservations linked and noted that your rooms need to be moved to the same resort.
I have called and they are not able to link our reservations at this point - I'm worried we won't get a chance to do so before we are put into the system of confirm, modify or cancel.

Where would all the points be coming from to move paying guests to DVC resorts? Disney can’t just take member points?

Guest services moved me from ASMo to Ft Wilderness cabins (same dates June 24-27) for no extra charge. I was booked on the free dining recovery offer.
Did you call to get it moved or did they email you letting you know they moved you?

Where would all the points be coming from to move paying guests to DVC resorts? Disney can’t just take member points?
They will be using rooms not booked or those cancelled by owners no points involved,

the interesting thing would be if an owner couldn't get a room as they had been given to guests who have been moved, what would they do.

For those that could confirm and switch resorts, were you able to reduce the number of days or add people to your room? I don’t consider this a huge modification but wonder if that disqualifies you for the resort switch. And did you find out where you were staying over the phone via CM or later on via email?

I’m curious if people with split stays at 2 closed resorts if Disney will place them in the same resort for both portions
I'm thinking that may the case. I have 1 week at POFQ and a second week at CBR. The first week I was planning on more DS dining, and concentrating on MK and AK. The second week I was planning on EPCOT and DHS. My reservation is from 8/7 thru 8/21, so I'm hoping by then I still get to do a split, but I'm not holding out too much hope.

I got through after a 60 minute hold, and the CM tried hard to help me, but because I now want to check in on 6/23 instead of 6/22 I was told I needed to work with a “special team” who unfortunately were all gone for the day. So I will be trying again tomorrow too!
So, I called again this morning as instructed and got yet another answer. The CM couldn’t help me even after I said I wanted to leave the reservation exactly as is. She said that since only the Kidani part of AKL would be open (I have a cash reservation, not DVC) I would have to be moved and that someone ”would be reaching out“ to me next week to give me my options. Sigh. I know they are incredibly busy and that things are changing constantly, but it‘s a little frustrating.

So, I called again this morning as instructed and got yet another answer. The CM couldn’t help me even after I said I wanted to leave the reservation exactly as is. She said that since only the Kidani part of AKL would be open (I have a cash reservation, not DVC) I would have to be moved and that someone ”would be reaching out“ to me next week to give me my options. Sigh. I know they are incredibly busy and that things are changing constantly, but it‘s a little frustrating.
What? They’re going to move you from an open DVC resort to an open DVC resort? Or is this just the case if you wanted to switch dates?

I presume you were booked for Jambo AKL cash?

What? They’re going to move you from an open DVC resort to an open DVC resort? Or is this just the case if you wanted to switch dates?

An acquaintance of mine was moved from the Poly to BLT because she was a cash reservation and not DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter