Poolrat and GoofyFan's Great Adventure- Wilderness in August edition- 8/15 Last day REALLY !!!!!

I'm feeling your on the long walk from drop off. It seems like no matter where we stay we always have the longest walk. :headache: Of course the drinks you had in Mexico helped to pass your time. You really did have the perfect location. Your sunset photos are just beautiful and you got some great Illumination pics too. Perfect ending to the night with great bus Karma.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm hoping to spend more time on the boards. I've even started my own report too.

We really lucked out. It was a hoppin' place and a woman and a nearby table saw us and actually snagged it for us and motioned us over. It was perfect.

Oh? :confused: I mean, yeah we do........ :rolleyes:

We need do a better job in EPCOT and well IRL we are working on it.

::yes::

It was a beautiful evening...........and you captured some great pictures of it! :goodvibes

Thanks - it was a great evening.

Final night lingering at Epcot......... a tradition that's a little easier to do when you can wander out at the IG! :thumbsup2

We had to catch a bus this time but we will have plenty of time to wander out with the next few trips being at the BCV.

:ssst: :scratchin Oh yes, fun AND adventure! ::yes::

And I will be waiting!

:drinking1

Hmmm.... this is quite intriguing!

It was good.

Disney provides plenty of places to keep you dry... which also happened to have plenty of opportunities to spend a lot of money.

This is sick strats, you guys!

We did a good job that night- Lucky even.

Just gorgeous!!

I am getting excited to get back.

:bday: :cake:

Nice last night at Epcot!

Great view for IllumiNations! Great that you were able to keep that spot. What was that drink? It looked yummy!

I know what you mean about far walks to the bus stop. I don't think any of the stops at Epcot are particularly close but it seems like wherever we stay, we are the farthest stop.

Lucky you didn't have a long wait leaving that night.

Happy Birthday and Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!

Hope you have a wonderful day!!

:bday: :cake:

Nice last night at Epcot!

Great view for IllumiNations! Great that you were able to keep that spot. What was that drink? It looked yummy!

I know what you mean about far walks to the bus stop. I don't think any of the stops at Epcot are particularly close but it seems like wherever we stay, we are the farthest stop.

Lucky you didn't have a long wait leaving that night.

Thank you!!!

It was a bit hard to keep that spot, there were quite a few that asked if we were staying and we took turns making sure we had food and/ or drink to consume.

My drink was the fiesta Margarita from the stand outside Mexico. It's not a ditch Margarita but it did the trick.

Happy Birthday and Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!

Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Thank you and Danke. I had a wonderful weekend and a pretty good Monday.

Just touching base! It has been really crazy lately. As if Pat hasn't had enough hours to work lately, :scared1: plus stuff to deal with at home too, she finally gets a weekend off and has to drive up to Pennsylvania to be with her Dad who is having some surgery.:faint: Our October trip can't get here soon enough for me.............and that goes by about a factor of 10,000 for Pat!!! :sad2: :hug:

Prayer and positive healing thoughts for Pat's dad..and safe travels for her. :grouphug:

Hope Sept flies by so your trip will be here ASAP. :flower:

Otherwise, hope you are both well. All is well in my neck of NC (in other words..boring beyond belief).

Take good care...and don't forget anything I wouldn't do. :rolleyes1

Good wishes for Pat's dad that the surgery goes well! And hopefully you both will survive September!

For some reason your thread hasn't been telling me their were new posts so I fell behind again. So...

Congrats on the 9-0 rain victory

I totally see the hidden Mickey on the white blouse.

Thanks for one last ride on Maelstrom.

That poor troll...

French ice cream sandwich...hmm something to keep in mind.

Beautiful sunset pics!

Happy Birthday, Pat! :bday::cake:

Sorry about all the work woes. "Funny" how it's always everyone else's fault when certain people are the only constant in all the issues. :rolleyes1 I used to work for a woman like that. It was so bad that as an acknowledgment of sorts a couple of us had changed our ringtones to Another One Bites the Dust.

Glad to hear Pats father is doing well.

See you next month! :dogdance:

Just touching base! It has been really crazy lately. As if Pat hasn't had enough hours to work lately, :scared1: plus stuff to deal with at home too, she finally gets a weekend off and has to drive up to Pennsylvania to be with her Dad who is having some surgery.:faint: Our October trip can't get here soon enough for me.............and that goes by about a factor of 10,000 for Pat!!! :sad2: :hug:

October trip is calling!!!!!!! Aug was almost as bad as June. If I can make through the next couple of weeks I will have a good indication if my efforts this summer were recognized. Then I have a decision to make.....

Prayer and positive healing thoughts for Pat's dad..and safe travels for her. :grouphug:

Hope Sept flies by so your trip will be here ASAP. :flower:

Otherwise, hope you are both well. All is well in my neck of NC (in other words..boring beyond belief).

Take good care...and don't forget anything I wouldn't do. :rolleyes1

Thanks for the well wishes. I need September to go slow enough enough for me to get stuff done but quick enough not to anything added to the plate. :)

October is coooooomiing.....

Yes it is ......and so much to do before then. Like the presentation I am I doing for the conference..... that I need to start when I have a spare moment.

Good wishes for Pat's dad that the surgery goes well! And hopefully you both will survive September!

Thank you and yes all went well. Hoping for things to calm down soon.

Pat's Dad did fine with the surgery............home and resting!

Thank you for updating.

Glad Pat's Dad's surgery went well

Thank you !!!

For some reason your thread hasn't been telling me their were new posts so I fell behind again. So...

Congrats on the 9-0 rain victory

I totally see the hidden Mickey on the white blouse.

Thanks for one last ride on Maelstrom.

That poor troll...

French ice cream sandwich...hmm something to keep in mind.

Beautiful sunset pics!

Happy Birthday, Pat! :bday::cake:

Sorry about all the work woes. "Funny" how it's always everyone else's fault when certain people are the only constant in all the issues. :rolleyes1 I used to work for a woman like that. It was so bad that as an acknowledgment of sorts a couple of us had changed our ringtones to Another One Bites the Dust.

Glad to hear Pats father is doing well.

See you next month! :dogdance:

Sorry the thread was not keeping you updated but then there really has not been too much and very far between.

We had very good luck staying away from the rain. We can test you HM skills next month.

So funny about the ringtone. I do have a "special ringtone " for my staff. It is the Twilight Zone. :rotfl2:
There has been a bit of change but I am not sure it is permanent. There continues to be some decisions that I understand why they are being made but I still think there can be a better way to accomplish the same goals. Time will tell.
Thanks for the well wishes.

Hope Hermine is not bothering you two too much!

Thinking of you guys tonight with the storm blowing through. How'd you make out...?

Hermine did not bother me at all. Since I went north I saw no rain at all and a couple of beautiful Fall days. It rained here and Marv was kind enough to keep an eye on things while I played nurse and babysitter sort of.

My dad let me know about a month ago that he needed some minor surgery and being that my mother needs some constant care due to memory issues and such , someone has to be there to drive him him to and from the hospital and watch and occupy my mother during and after while he recovers. It was not general anesthesia but as close as he could get since I am guessing at his age general would be intubation and a much longer recovery, so he was able to bounce back pretty quickly.
I found out this was the most invasive surgery he has ever had and even though he was prescribed Percoset he did not even fill it. I had a reaction to Percodan so I get it. My DS and I were able to go up do what we needed to do and get back a day earlier so I could have Labor Day to Labor in my other bathroom that is siting unable to use since the contractors were last here about 2 weeks ago.

Work wise the day I left a light exploded in the pool area causing an evacuation and then pool operation were interrupted for about 12 hours causing programs to be cancelled. Add in, of 2 full time staff there 1 was "sick" and then had back issues. Now I do not really doubt the medical issues but if I am vertical I am coming in. So my poor Rock Star who's talent that are not recognized by my manager at all was crazy and handling it all.
Today started out with the back problem still occurring and another part time complaining that programs were rescheduled and some lap swim time was interrupted. Unable to deal with a relatively simple situation, drama ensued and I walked into chaos ..... again. Just what I didn't need.
It wasn't until I made them both go away that I could start to fix things but by then half my day was gone.

So Thursday will be an early day since I have 3 meetings back to back to back and need to be at my desk at some time. Friday I go in at 5:30 to teach 5-10 and then 9-6 all weekend. No work getting done then either.....

Good Times I tell you and the week after is not any better. :headache:

Sorry to vent but I am just exhausted.

I do have 2 maybe 3 more updated of our last morning before I can put this report to bed for good.

Thanks for sticking it out, I really appreciate the loyalty.

I just realised that I did not really "like" most of your post, only the last part about loyalty!!! Work just sounds so horrible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter