• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poolrat and GoofyFan's Great Adventure- Wilderness in August edition- 8/15 Last day REALLY !!!!!

Oh, I just realized I never told you I was all caught up!!

I've never seen the EWP so I'll definitely try to catch it on my upcoming trip.

I love your bathroom photos!!! Really gives this TR a good PoV feel.

You had such good mojo with the rain!!! I'll have to look into downloading that app for my trip.

Oh, I just realized I never told you I was all caught up!!

I've never seen the EWP so I'll definitely try to catch it on my upcoming trip.

I love your bathroom photos!!! Really gives this TR a good PoV feel.

You had such good mojo with the rain!!! I'll have to look into downloading that app for my trip.
:welcome: to our TR Yuki! Great to have you aboard! :dogdance:

8/15 Final Full Day – Epcot

Pat has been working an absolutely crazy schedule lately, so I figured I would go ahead and try to help finish up this TR so we can move on before yet another trip rolls around.

For our final day we were headed to

Disney%20Birthday%20Trip%202014%20001_zpsfloowtyl.jpg

We had our fastpasses all set up, and planned to work around them to try and catch a few other activities we hadn't done. There was rain in the area and the bus was a little slow for some reason. We arrived just after rope drop to a wet park, but at least it wasn't still raining. We made a quick stop to visit with one of our favorite CMs that we spotted at the entrance before heading into the park. Instead of heading right towards Soarin’ like most of the crowd, we quickly headed to Innoventions to beat the long lines for

Disney%20Birthday%20Trip%202014%20001%202_zpsvb2syllo.jpg

Disney%20Birthday%20Trip%202014%20007_zpstrrm1cjq.jpg

After working hard to design the best coaster we could, and taking a ride on it, we were ready to head across Future World for our first fastpass ride on Soarin’. We still had some time before we reached the end of our first FP window. We noticed there wasn’t much of a line at the Character Spot, so we jumped in line. We worked our way through the line and of course I had to make sure I had a picture with

Disney%20Birthday%20Trip%202014%20008%202_zpslun4gror.jpg

Pat…………..but Goofy insisted on being in the picture also.

I always love riding Soarin’ with the wonderful smells, especially the orange grove, but I can’t wait to see the new version of the ride on our next trip. As much as I love the ride, it really is time to fly over some different sights, and hopefully experience some equally wonderful smells. After our ride on Soarin’ it was almost time for our second FP window to open, so we headed to a typical FP choice………….Spaceship Earth. We have ridden this ride enough now that we tend to invent new ways to try and change our “future” and make the ride interesting in a new way. After our ride on SE, we started towards World Showcase where our final FP would be waiting. We knew Maelstrom would soon be closing, so we wanted to make sure we got to experience it one last time. Even though I’ve probably taken a lot of pictures like this, I couldn’t resist them one last time, especially to capture some Hidden Mickeys.

Disney%20Birthday%20Trip%202014%20009%202_zpshfy7nxrz.jpg

Disney%20Birthday%20Trip%202014%20011%202_zpshnlarbdf.jpg

Disney%20Birthday%20Trip%202014%20013%202_zpse6lb8r2h.jpg

A blurry Hidden Mickey

Disney%20Birthday%20Trip%202014%20015%202_zpszu8o3q02.jpg

Disney%20Birthday%20Trip%202014%20017%202_zpsxqzuezm5.jpg

And another Hidden Mickey

Disney%20Birthday%20Trip%202014%20018%202_zpsgudb8ynv.jpg

Disney%20Birthday%20Trip%202014%20019_zpsw0alttpu.jpg

After an adventurous ride on Maelstrom, and escaping the trolls, we quickly went through the theater so we wouldn’t be stuck watching the film again (I guess we should have since I’m guessing it may not be the same any more) and into the dump shop. We were trying to think about what we wanted to do next and that is when we realized there were no FP kiosks to try and grab another FP+ unless we went back to the front of the park, or all the way around the World Showcase to the IG. At least we don’t have to worry about that anymore since you can add more available FP+ with the MDE app now.

As I said earlier there was a lot of rain in the area so we had one eye on the radar Pat has on her phone, trying to figure out what else we might be able to squeeze in before it became a
washout. I will stop for now and maybe Pat will have a chance to add to what I’ve posted so far. Hopefully she has more pictures to share, including anything else we may have done the rest of that afternoon.

Coming up………..we return for one last evening at Epcot and Illuminations!

Last edited:
Like I ever keep my "picking on Rosie" a secret??? :confused3 :rolleyes1

No that is one thing I agree with, you pick on me anywhere and everywhere:rotfl2::rotfl2:

But what about picking your nose?

Do you have a "PICK ture of that:rotfl2::rotfl2:

You can pick your nose and you can pick your friends. ......... :rolleyes1

So true !!!

I'm not sure I do a good job of either :p :headache:

Now Liesa you do a fine job of both:rotfl2:

Yes Marv great update , and you answered a question, you have NOT yet seen the new Soarin' As for the Hidden Mickeys I still can't see them!!:confused3:rotfl2:

I liked your Maelstrom documentation! I am so sad that I never got to ride it after I had been to Norway. I think it would have made so much more sense to me now....

And I obviously have really bad eyes: I have no clue where there is a hidden Mickey on the picture that I quoted... My father used to say I have tomatoes in front of my eyes. I guess he was right after all.

I liked your Maelstrom documentation! I am so sad that I never got to ride it after I had been to Norway. I think it would have made so much more sense to me now....

And I obviously have really bad eyes: I have no clue where there is a hidden Mickey on the picture that I quoted... My father used to say I have tomatoes in front of my eyes. I guess he was right after all.

I agree with al your comments , and I too must have tomatoes in front of my eyes !!!:rotfl2:

I agree with al your comments , and I too must have tomatoes in front of my eyes !!!:rotfl2:
Look just to the left of the clip on her clipboard. Ignore the "darker" folds in her shirt, that makes it look a little like a rabbit........ :laughing:

Once you spot it, go back to the bigger picture and it actually stands out more there, once you know where to look.

White shirt.........right beside the clip..........the clipboard actually cuts off the lower right side of Mickey's head

Pat has been working an absolutely crazy schedule lately, so I figured I would go ahead and try to help finish up this TR so we can move on before yet another trip rolls around.

My ticker says 3 months, 1 week and 6 days. No pressure or anything to finish up here... :rolleyes1

We made a quick stop to visit with one of our favorite CMs that we spotted at the entrance before heading into the park.

Sign #152 that you might get to go to Disney more than the average person..

This makes me incredibly sad. Although no formal announcement by Disney has been made, this is what I found:

"
The Kuka robot arm simulator sponsored by Raytheon is no longer listed on the Epcot guide map, and the Sum of All Thrills website indicates that ride replays can be accessed until June 30 2016.

The simulator allows guests to create a thrill ride and take it for a spin on the end of a robotic arm. The attraction is low capacity, but has been the main draw to Innoventions East since it opened in late 2009.

Like all Innoventions exhibits, corporate sponsorship is key to their existence, and most are limited time agreements.

Innoventions West closed completely in April 2015, and much of Innovations East is now closed. Only Storm Struck and the recently opened Colortopia would remain if Sum of All Thrills was to close."

I could cry having never gotten to do this.

.but Goofy insisted on being in the picture also.

Awww, cute threesome. 2 Goofys and a Princess. :D

it really is time to fly over some different sights

Agreed!!! Every 3-5 years is a good timeframe for a change up!

and escaping the trolls

Well, thank Goodness! Now you could go to the most expensive dumpshop on property and try out some Laila!

At least we don’t have to worry about that anymore since you can add more available FP+ with the MDE app now.

Quite possibly the best news I've had all day. I guess I knew this, but now it's crunch time in figuring all of this out.

Do you have a "PICK ture of that:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Aren't you funny, Rosie.

Of course I do. Hidden in deep vaults buried forever. Only to be found when I run for President.

I'm skeptical that that's really an intended Hidden Mickey. I think people saw "something" there and claimed it to be one.
That was one that was in the official Hidden Mickey book. Found it the first time I rode Maelstrom after getting a book (version 3 maybe?)

I know that at Epcot specifically they did add rather obscured hidden Mickeys. I found that it looks more like a hidden Mickey in the quote in Glen's post because the picture is smaller there, so I think it is a question of how you look at it. And possibly the picture distorts the contrast a little which makes it less obvious. Anyway, it has now been destroyed and we will never find out... :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter