Poolrat and GoofyFan's Great Adventure- Wilderness in August edition- 8/15 Last day REALLY !!!!!

Poolrat

I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.
I am Poolrat, Pat, to many outside and within the DIS. I am Mom to 2 grown adults, by age, even if not by the ability to totally support themselves :rolleyes1, and an Aquatics manager, by trade so to speak. I hang around pools. Most days I like my job, some days I love it and well some days…… let’s just say like any job, some days are just more challenging. Fall is my slow season and well it has been anything but. :sad:

Here I am.

I’m the one in a dress. :) As part of this Great Adventure series, I have a partner in fun. GoofyFan is also along for all the trash can and bathroom picture taking. He's the one in shorts. :upsidedow

Well let’s get some particulars out of the way.

When: Aug 8-18- Yes we are crazy, the heat of the summer and well you know in Florida it rains usually every day in that heat.

Where: First night offsite at the Hampton and then on to the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge. This is a new resort for both of us. Looking forward to being in this area and seeing how this affects the trip as a whole.

GoofyFan can jump in here with his intro.

Pressing questions will be.

How much did it really rain?

How many times did we get caught in the rain? How many times did we forget the ponchos? :headache:

If you have been reading past reports, you may know I like the Electric Water Parade(EWP). Being on the monorail loop ( sort of ) you might think I could have a great chance of seeing it more than once ( my trip MUST DO) So….. Did I even get to see it and was it more than once?

So stay tuned for all the Hidden Mickey Hunting, trash can picture taking, bathroom tile photographing, Character meeting, rain drop dodging fun.

As already stated above, I’'m GoofyFan, of wearing shorts fame! :rolleyes2 To some I’'m known as Marv, a fixture here on the DISboards for a few years with a different username. But like with so many, life and times change and all we can do is try to make a fresh start and move forward. :goodvibes One way to do that is with a new username GoofyFan1515, which seemed a logical choice because I’'ve always been a fan of Goofy, he'’s the official mascot of the DIS Dad’s Club, and...........well frankly, I can just be a little bit Goofy myself! :goofy:

In real life, I’'m a Father of three boys, two of which are grown adults and one who thinks he is already too. They are definitely the love of my life, and I am so proud of each of them! :grouphug:

We'’re looking forward to spending time with old friends, and getting to know new friends, while we work our way through this Trip Report. So sit back, relax, grab your favorite beverage or snack, popcorn:: and feel free to join in with the fun! You are all very Welcome here! :surfweb:

Last edited:
Ironic that the person who will probably post on her least is here first. :rolleyes1

Just marking my territory; don't mind me.

Ok, after reading a bit, here are your answers:

A lot, a lot, a lot, and NOPE. You were too busy taking bathroom pictures.

I'm here!! Hopefully, I can keep up with this one!! The last one I found it way late and never caught up! I did read some parts though!!
Are you going for NYE this year?

I am really looking forward to reading this! Great start! Can't wait to hear about your impressions on VWL since I own points there now, but never stayed so far...

This is one I definitely can't miss. Just wonder how long it will take the one in his shirts to put up his intro?????:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I just finished reading your other TR! I really enjoyed reading it so am looking forward to reading this one too! :cool1:

Looks like our trips overlapped (we were at WL 8/5-12)!

Excited to follow along!

Ironic that the person who will probably post on her least is here first. :rolleyes1

Just marking my territory; don't mind me.

Ok, after reading a bit, here are your answers:

A lot, a lot, a lot, and NOPE. You were too busy taking bathroom pictures.

:cool1: Yay you are first. For that a special bathroom pic or a trash can pic - your choice. :flower3:

I'm here!! Hopefully, I can keep up with this one!! The last one I found it way late and never caught up! I did read some parts though!!
Are you going for NYE this year?

Hey glad to see you here! Nope no New years for me this year.

I'm here!

:cool1: So glad you are here.

I am really looking forward to reading this! Great start! Can't wait to hear about your impressions on VWL since I own points there now, but never stayed so far...

I hope I can entertain you. Spoiler - the VWL were great!!! I was looking through some old VWL lodge pictures and I have to say I really like the rehab.

This is one I definitely can't miss. Just wonder how long it will take the one in his shirts to put up his intro?????:lmao::lmao::lmao:

the i and the o are just too darned close together aren't they? ;)

Well he was working on it but needs a push to get going. :)

I'm in! Looking forward to the fun!

Glad to have you here.

And thanks for clearing that one up. You never know with Marv. :rotfl2:

That might be a scary sight.... or just funny. :lmao:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Marv you don't stand a chance.:rotfl2:

He is enjoying the abuse.... :lmao:

I'm in!

Jill in CO

Glad to have you here.

Well, thank God he's wearing at least one shirt!!! :lmao:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Wouldn't miss it! ;) popcorn::

Glad you found it!!!

I just finished reading your other TR! I really enjoyed reading it so am looking forward to reading this one too! :cool1:

Glad you jumped in on this one. I hope to be moving a bit faster, have no choice really, otherwise I will be a few trips behind. :lmao:

Looks like our trips overlapped (we were at WL 8/5-12)!

Excited to follow along!

Oh Yay!!!! You will have to look for yourself in my pictures.

Found ya. Back to read.

Great!!! - Have not even sent out a bat signal yet. Awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter