Poolrat and GoofyFan's Great Adventure- Wilderness in August edition- 8/15 Last day REALLY !!!!!

I just realised that I did not really "like" most of your post, only the last part about loyalty!!! Work just sounds so horrible!

But that's what we're here for! Just yuck on all that... stuff. Not. very. fun!

Looking forward to a big, heartfelt hug in a month!

And it has gone downhill from there............. :headache: :mad: :sad2:

What now...? It couldn't have gone worse!!

Hard to believe.........but true!

Sigh.... Time for some change methinks.

Yup friends downhill from there.

That back problem is now out for at least a week. On a night she closed. Don't blame her just the situation. The morning cranky is actually off next week to close on a house and I guess move maybe.

That made Thursday an open to close day, 14.5 hours long. In before class Friday at 1 instead of 6pm to cover facility since manager of division was only available to open until 10 and we pulled a couple of staff from another center.

So next week is close close open close close off ( by a miracle) and the work Sunday. That makes the standard 11 days in a row and well If I had not asked my other full time if she could cover sat so I can attend a football game, It would have been 19 in a row before a day off.

Sadly I am not the not the only one doing this. Insanity I tell you.
Review Time is upon us so I am documenting that craziness. That might be the firework I set off next.:rolleyes1

Saturday Aug 15th
We had to pack up and move out but while at Wilderness Lodge how could you not take the resort tour? We were able to get a spot Sat Am and then grab a fun breakfast before we made the long sad drive home. We also picked up the scavenger hunt Hidden Mickey sheet from the front desk. So yes a fun filled morning.

The wonderful lobby

Our guide for the tour.

We had a close to a private tour and maybe Marv has notes. It was nice to learn about the details of the resort.

Breakfast

[/URL]

I know this is far from new but they have the coasters so you can indicate if you want to participate.
[/URL]

[/URL]

Part of the Historic menu- not sure if it has changed since.
[/URL]

Still HM hunting
[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

Ketchup fetching going on
[/URL]

[/URL]

Theming throughout.[/URL]

No trip is complete without the bathroom shots
[/URL]

[/URL]

Another HM
[/URL]

[/URL]
[/URL
]

The pull down bed in the room

This may have been where we had trouble getting that bed to latch back in?

So right at check out time – 11 am we on the way out.

[/URL]
[/URL]

Last edited:
Reluctant to leave property we made a stop.

Yup that is done now.

We hunted down the food trucks to see what they had, we were NOT hungry after Whispering Canyon.

Yes not being hungry but we had another bit of business to attend to – We both had birthdaysand with that

SO yes we took a couple sandwiches for the road.

I will admit – not as good sitting in a car for a few hours but we had not been able to get there aby other time.

It was finally time to say goodbye.

On the way out – Casting- with a do not enter sign?

A car in the lot

Projected time to be home

And more rain coming

The ride home was not smooth but my Stupid Judy, yes from Ellen ad it is what I call any interaction with my phone, from autocorrect to navigation, was there to save the day.

This is us getting back on 95 right after the incident or at least close to it. See 95. ICK.

In no time we were past the many mile incident causing backup.

And hungry

With the detour we pulled in 8:18. Between that a gas and probably a potty stop 45 min later is not too bad. We have had MUCH worse.

And YES that ends the first Poolrat and GoofyFan adventure. I really do apologize for this taking so long. Life and other trips have slowed this down.

We have had 8 more adventures and no I will not detail every one out. I will try to compose 1 post for each trip to highlight the adventures. Each trip had a different focus and purpose. That I hope to have done before our next adventure in Oct.

Thanks for reading and sticking with us.

Last edited:
The morning cranky is actually off next week to close on a house and I guess move maybe.

Good riddance.

It would have been 19 in a row before a day off.

That is so unacceptable in ANY industry. Time to call your Justice Dept.

so I am documenting that craziness

And that is what they'll ask for.

how could you not take the resort tour?

It is simply not done.

IMG_1623.jpg

This is a gorgeous shot!

I'm diggin' the lanyard. I think this has changed my mind about bringing mine and getting a couple pins.

The precursor to the HDDR men's bathroom mural?

It was finally time to say goodbye.

On the bright side, you'll back and getting to know DISFriends better!

What a great morning. I would love to do the tour someday. You grabbed the best lunch for that drive home.

Your trip is just finishing up and soon you will be back starting another one! Thanks for taking us along with you!

And YOU get to part of that one! In just a few short days we'll all be at FF together! YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!

REally looking forward to it too! So far Marv is the only DIS-friend I have met...and he didn't turn out to be a psychopathic serial killer... I'm excited to meet everyone else now too! :jumping1:

Sorry everyone I haven't been around much lately, and I'm waaaaay behind on everyone's TRs. I have been reading along, but too hard to do replies on my phone. Been having internet issues at home with it coming and going.....mostly going. And when I am online for some reason I can see my DIS tab flickering constantly when it isn't open. I'm guessing pop ups or some sort of ad is hitting it constantly which causes everything else to slow down loading. By the time I check the history I have 50 or more entries for the page I'm on so using the back button is worthless. I usually end up just closing the tab...... :headache: puckerup:

This only seems to happen to my DIS link. Hopefully I can find the time to figure it out soon.

Pat posted some great pictures. Our final day that trip was packed but a lot of fun. Hopefully I can update and post some of my pics soon.....:scared:

And I am finally all caught up here. Thanks for sharing. I loved all your photos and the "double" comments sometimes.

Hey Pat and Marv,

Sorry I've been AWOL for so long! And I'm sorry work has been such a nightmare for you! That just sounds horrible. I hope you can get a better situation somehow.

I love that you went on the WL tour! I've always wanted to do that. We did try the Hidden Mickey hunt there and...that was a hard one. I don't think we got them all.

Hope you guys are doing well!

And I can neither confirm nor deny that there was belly laughing last night on a brand new trip. ;)

Sorry for skipping some replies but just wanted to say we are back!!!!! Steppe is right belly laughing was had. Trying to do some catching up and really get back on track.
As you can all imagine re-entry has its challenges but I am happy to say I feel caught up at work too. Now that is not to say that feeling will not change tomorrow but today I am going with it!!!!

Hopefully be back soon- the yard is calling, those pesky leaves are having a party on my grass.

Sorry for skipping some replies but just wanted to say we are back!!!!! Steppe is right belly laughing was had. Trying to do some catching up and really get back on track.
As you can all imagine re-entry has its challenges but I am happy to say I feel caught up at work too. Now that is not to say that feeling will not change tomorrow but today I am going with it!!!!

Hopefully be back soon- the yard is calling, those pesky leaves are having a party on my grass.

YAY! For feeling on top of your game at work! I hope it lasts long enough to find something new! (You KNEW I was gonna say it, Girl!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter