*****OFFICIAL July 2012 Thread! Feelin' HOT HOT HOT!

Just decided to go for an impromptu trip from July 25-July 29. I am born and raised in Miami but it has been YEARS since I have gone in the summer. We just upgraded from a seasonal annual pass to the regular annual pass so decided to take advantage and go in the summer.

Since we are going "on a budget" and we are splurging with Deluxe Dining for our May and September trips, we are staying offsite and only have one ADR at Via Napoli which we have never tried before.
:welcome: I can't wait to try Via Napoli.

Yippee! Add me to the list! We are going to AoA July1-7! *First time value stayers. Hoping we like it! Nemo room here we come.

I have not made a single dining reservation yet. I can't get it together since we just decided to go. I better get on it!

:welcome: I bet the Finding Nemo rooms will be great. You will have to report back to us and let us know.

Those are our dates also, July 1-7.
Going to be crazy and hot. We have three families going, impossible to make adrs that please everyone. So i just made them and if they dont want to eat there, they can have good luck finding a place to get into!

Ha ha! I agree. Planning is so hard when you are trying to make everyone happy.

Hi all. I am new posting to this site but have be looking for years. I am going WDW with my DH and DD from July 3 to July 10. We will be staying off site at Hilton Bonnett Creek. Have a few adrs. 7/3 dinner at Ohana, 7/7 dinner at 1900 Park and 7/9 dinner at LeCellier.

Our friends always stay at Bonnet Creek. They wouldn't stay anywhere else. They love it.

Hello!!

We just booked July 3-6th at AKL with Safari view!
Doing three days in the parks and then boarding the Disney Fantasy on the seventh!!
My boyfriend is coming along with my family.
It will be our second trip to WDW, we are Disneyland go'ers all the time, and DBF's first trip EVER to WDW! :cool1:

:welcome: we are also staying at AKL. We love it there.

****So everyone who is new to our July 2012 group, :welcome: to the group. The resort information and ADR information is posted on this new link. Here it is if you want to look at your information or everyone else's.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2906818

Hi all. I am new posting to this site but have be looking for years. I am going WDW with my DH and DD from July 3 to July 10. We will be staying off site at Hilton Bonnett Creek. Have a few adrs. 7/3 dinner at Ohana, 7/7 dinner at 1900 Park and 7/9 dinner at LeCellier.

Hi rz54k0. Danny, Brian and Reid welcome you to the TPAS DIS board :wave2:

We are a friendly and knowledgeable bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet the DIS posting guidelines can be found here.

Just booked our first Summer Disney Vacation. We normally travel in the fall so this will be interesting. Our plan is to be at parks at opening and stay for a few hours then back to resort to change and head to water parks. We are also going to try Disney Quest for the first time too. Then back to the parks for a late dinner and a few more hours in the parks. I hope I am not miserable since I am use to low crowd times. Our normal Disney month is October so we shall see. Who knows maybe we will find this to be our favorite time. Don't know till you try...right :confused3

For those summer regulars who go to the water parks, which do you think is better:

Typhoon Lagoon from opening until 1-2pm?

or

TL starting around 3pm and staying until 8pm?

Would it make a difference for morning or afternoon plan if it was an EMH-AM?

My daughter wants to try TL for her first time and go snorkeling. I'm very excited. This will be her first water park since she learned how to swim!!:beach::cool1:

I'm heading down July 11 - 15th to visit my daughter who is currently in the Disney College Program. I'm going with my 15 year old son. As much as I'm looking forward to seeing my daughter - I'm looking forward to spending time with just my son as well. :hug:

We've been there in late August so I'm guessing we'll be able to handle the July heat as well! :thumbsup2

I have all the ADR's booked! Yay! :yay: Kona, Chef Mickey's, Tutto Italia, and Liberty Tree Tavern... going with some mainstays and trying some new ones as well!

Happy planning everyone! :goodvibes

For those summer regulars who go to the water parks, which do you think is better:

or

My daughter wants to try TL for her first time and go snorkeling. I'm very excited. This will be her first water park since she learned how to swim!!:beach::cool1:

We have done TL on and EMH morning twice - it was awesome! Able to ride everything before the park opens - and it is easy to find a place to sit! If you can, I highly recommend doing that! You might be ready to leave earlier in the day too!!!

We have done TL on and EMH morning twice - it was awesome! Able to ride everything before the park opens - and it is easy to find a place to sit! If you can, I highly recommend doing that! You might be ready to leave earlier in the day too!!!

Great! This was my plan too...also figure we won't bake as much in the sun getting there at 8am.

Are there slides you recommend doing first before park really opens?

I need a touring plan for TL! :rotfl:

Great! This was my plan too...also figure we won't bake as much in the sun getting there at 8am.

Are there slides you recommend doing first before park really opens?

I need a touring plan for TL! :rotfl:

Yes - it is a great way to do it. I recommend the three coaster slides- Crushin Gusher - it is to the right side of the park as you enter. Then go to the back and do the Falls and the Storm Slides. Not sure if you are up for Humunga Kowabunga but if so, do that right after Crushin Gusher and before the others. There is also Shark Reef where you can snorkel with sharks. It is on the right side of the park, I think you have to sign up and they take you in small groups. Save the wave pool for last. Just a warning - the waves are STRONG! Knocked me over and I was in the shallower section. A bell rings right before they start - I scraped my knees pretty bad.

Hope that helps!

New here...as of this past Tuesday our family Michigan vacation has turned into a Disney trip. We will be there July 23-27 I think...my Dad is retired USAF and we are staying at Shades of Green, with a 4 day park hopper. Trying not to be overwhelmed with it all!! My girls (8 & 9) have never been, nor has my husband, and the last time I went was 1986. Might as well be my first time this year!!

Yes - it is a great way to do it. I recommend the three coaster slides- Crushin Gusher - it is to the right side of the park as you enter. Then go to the back and do the Falls and the Storm Slides. Not sure if you are up for Humunga Kowabunga but if so, do that right after Crushin Gusher and before the others. There is also Shark Reef where you can snorkel with sharks. It is on the right side of the park, I think you have to sign up and they take you in small groups. Save the wave pool for last. Just a warning - the waves are STRONG! Knocked me over and I was in the shallower section. A bell rings right before they start - I scraped my knees pretty bad.

Hope that helps!

This is reassuring to me - we plan on being at the water parks when they open (9am for Typhoon Lagoon, and 8am EMH for Blizzard Beach), and leaving around 2 for a late lunch. We're not the type of people that ride water rides 3 or 4 times, we'll try what we want once, hang out in the wave pool, and be done. I take it this sounds possible to do, all before 2? (We'll probably be skipping out on the speed slides.)

New here...as of this past Tuesday our family Michigan vacation has turned into a Disney trip. We will be there July 23-27 I think...my Dad is retired USAF and we are staying at Shades of Green, with a 4 day park hopper. Trying not to be overwhelmed with it all!! My girls (8 & 9) have never been, nor has my husband, and the last time I went was 1986. Might as well be my first time this year!!

:welcome: hope you ave a great time visiting!

or

I wondered this too, but stuck with the early mornings ecause I was worried about the kids being out in the sun later in the day. We have gone in the early morning before and it was very easy to walk right onto the major rides plus do shark reef. They keep you moving across the reef. They use to let you go in groups for a specific amount of time. Last timevwecwere there, you just got in line and then you just swam across the tank. They keep you moving and don't let you just float around and look. When you get to the opposite side of the tank, they will make you get out, but it was still fun.

I'm heading down July 11 - 15th to visit my daughter who is currently in the Disney College Program. I'm going with my 15 year old son. As much as I'm looking forward to seeing my daughter - I'm looking forward to spending time with just my son as well. :hug:

We've been there in late August so I'm guessing we'll be able to handle the July heat as well! :thumbsup2

I have all the ADR's booked! Yay! :yay: Kona, Chef Mickey's, Tutto Italia, and Liberty Tree Tavern... going with some mainstays and trying some new ones as well!

Happy planning everyone! :goodvibes

:welcome: I will add you to the resort list if you want. It's located here.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2906818

Hope that helps!

Thanks! That is helpful. I went to TL before Crushin Gusher was built so it's been a while. We will skip the wild one but I'm hoping to get on the others and DD6 definitely wants to do Shark Reef.

I wondered this too, but stuck with the early mornings ecause I was worried about the kids being out in the sun later in the day. We have gone in the early morning before and it was very easy to walk right onto the major rides plus do shark reef. They keep you moving across the reef. They use to let you go in groups for a specific amount of time. Last timevwecwere there, you just got in line and then you just swam across the tank. They keep you moving and don't let you just float around and look. When you get to the opposite side of the tank, they will make you get out, but it was still fun.

Sounds like everyone agrees -- AM is better! I'll stick to our EMH morning for TL

Thanks for the info... I didn't realize the water parks had EMH! Sweet! :cool1:

Do you think the monorail will still be down mid-day like it has been? Thinking that if it is, and with it not running for EMH, it really isn't worth it to stay at the Poly. Might have to downgrade a little. How do I find out if the monorail will be running or not?

I see you're all discussing the water parks :) We have never done the water parks and this year we are yayayya :cool1: thought for our group of 15 TL would be the best one for us to head to as there are more littlies and oldies than adrenalin junkies :) so bearing in mind we're not staying on property so no EMH for us :( ...

We have seen the Shark Reef advertised and we all want to do this, do you suggest going early to this?
What else are your must do's for littlies??

Ages of our party are 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 13, then 5 adults and 4 over 60's

hi everyone!

I have booked an Illuminations Cruise (me, DS 8, and DD5) with another DIS couple and we have 5 spots open if others want to join us!

The cruise is July 14th and you meet at the BC dock at 8pm. Total cost id $364 and will be divided evenly among passengers, child or adult.

Please PM me if you are interested in joining us! :goodvibes

hi everyone!

I have booked an Illuminations Cruise (me, DS 8, and DD5) with another DIS couple and we have 5 spots open if others want to join us!

The cruise is July 14th and you meet at the BC dock at 8pm. Total cost id $364 and will be divided evenly among passengers, child or adult.

Please PM me if you are interested in joining us! :goodvibes

Gosh that sounds great. Too bad we don't get there till a week later. I wonder if anyone during my days would want to do something like this. (July 22-28)

Gosh that sounds great. Too bad we don't get there till a week later. I wonder if anyone during my days would want to do something like this. (July 22-28)

I was wondering the same thing.. We arrive on the 28th and leave on August 4th. The 28th we are going to Cirque de Solies (spelling I believe!)

This is reassuring to me - we plan on being at the water parks when they open (9am for Typhoon Lagoon, and 8am EMH for Blizzard Beach), and leaving around 2 for a late lunch. We're not the type of people that ride water rides 3 or 4 times, we'll try what we want once, hang out in the wave pool, and be done. I take it this sounds possible to do, all before 2? (We'll probably be skipping out on the speed slides.)

That is all quite possible to do before 2pm - honestly, we were out of there before noon! I am not one to ride slides, my kids did everything once (a couple twice), we did the wave pool and that was it.

Thanks for the info... I didn't realize the water parks had EMH! Sweet! :cool1:

It is wonderful!!!

The only warning is, if you are not there long - it is sometimes hard to find a bus going back to the resort - they are all dropping off and not many are picking up early.

Do you think the monorail will still be down mid-day like it has been? Thinking that if it is, and with it not running for EMH, it really isn't worth it to stay at the Poly. Might have to downgrade a little. How do I find out if the monorail will be running or not?

The monorail is only down between the resorts and MK because of construction near the Grand Floridian. I had not heard it was closed for EMH - only mid day. Besides, the Poly has a boat that goes over to MK which is actually faster than the monorail! The monorail between Epcot and the TTC is also still running and it is a short walk over the TTC from most of the Poly longhouses. Ok, the Poly is my favorite resort and I would not give up an opportunity to stay there - so I am a little biased ;)

I am a Travel Agent and we sometimes get updates - if I hear anything more about the monorail I can post it here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter