• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

*****OFFICIAL July 2012 Thread! Feelin' HOT HOT HOT!

I just called to change my resort dates and do a split stay and found out that I have PIN code on my account!!

It wasn't there just a few weeks ago.

Now I'm seriously considering upgrading to deluxe! Ok, not really going to happen but in my head I'm trying to figure out all the reasons a deluxe would be sooooo much better!!

I'll post my new dates/resorts in the other thread.

I updated your information on the resort thread.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm going to stick with the Dolphin that weekend. There is a spa and we would never stay there so now it's an adventure!

So officially put me down for July 27-29 @ the Dolphin :)

You are all added on the new resort list thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2906818

Ok, just got back from spring break at Disney - beautiful weather and big crowds - but not unreasonable. Although, there was a line for the Peoplemover and we got special fast passes for Carousel of Progress with our Buzz fast passes......

The spring offer came out, so I went ahead and booked our summer locations. I am still hoping for AP rates, but I am now set on these resorts so in a way, I hope I don't have to change.

We are doing a split stay - June 28 till July 4 at All Star Movies then July 4 to July 10 at Port Orleans French Quarter. We are doing two rooms - with two teens this just works better. We really enjoyed the space and two bathrooms over spring break. We have never stayed at either resort, so it will be two more to cross off the list.

Thanks Marsha! I do love that lobby!

Hahahahahaha- I'm not the only one with a commitment problem, huh? :lmao:

Yep, I think I'm finalized now. To move to a deluxe would be nearly twice the cost of Pop Century...I can't really justify that for this "what was supposed to be a quick weekend trip which is now a full week trip".

You are all added on the new resort list thread.

Thanks!

Ok, just got back from spring break at Disney - beautiful weather and big crowds - but not unreasonable. Although, there was a line for the Peoplemover and we got special fast passes for Carousel of Progress with our Buzz fast passes......

The spring offer came out, so I went ahead and booked our summer locations. I am still hoping for AP rates, but I am now set on these resorts so in a way, I hope I don't have to change.

We are doing a split stay - June 28 till July 4 at All Star Movies then July 4 to July 10 at Port Orleans French Quarter. We are doing two rooms - with two teens this just works better. We really enjoyed the space and two bathrooms over spring break. We have never stayed at either resort, so it will be two more to cross off the list.

Sounds like a smart move to get two rooms. Also, glad to hear that Easter break wasn't that crowded ... although having a line for the PeopleMover to me means it WAS crowded! I've never seen a line for that ride ... we always stay on at least 2 or 3 times b/c no one is waiting to get on!

I've been to AS Movies and POFQ and like them both for different reasons. AS is just plain old fun with a great food court. POFQ has nicer rooms and a great pool and seems to be much smaller resort which I like.

At POFQ, I can feel like I'm in a different city, not just at WDW! I also love the boat ride to DTD and don't forget you can pool hop over to POR and enjoy their pool too!

Yep, I think I'm finalized now. To move to a deluxe would be nearly twice the cost of Pop Century...I can't really justify that for this "what was supposed to be a quick weekend trip which is now a full week trip".

Thanks!

Sounds like a smart move to get two rooms. Also, glad to hear that Easter break wasn't that crowded ... although having a line for the PeopleMover to me means it WAS crowded! I've never seen a line for that ride ... we always stay on at least 2 or 3 times b/c no one is waiting to get on!

I've been to AS Movies and POFQ and like them both for different reasons. AS is just plain old fun with a great food court. POFQ has nicer rooms and a great pool and seems to be much smaller resort which I like.

At POFQ, I can feel like I'm in a different city, not just at WDW! I also love the boat ride to DTD and don't forget you can pool hop over to POR and enjoy their pool too!

Thanks Marshay - I am looking forward to both of them. I almost hope they don't have better AP rates - the last time AP rates came out, both of those resorts were blocked out........I really want to try them both. We just spent a week at AS Music - with two rooms - it worked out really well......nice resort and we had a great location.

Hi everyone. :goodvibes We are going in July...July 19-22 at RPR, July 22-Aug. 1 at CR and then Aug. 1-5 at the Dolphin. This will be our longest trip yet. I am sooo excited. :yay: I can't wait.

Does anyone have any advice on misting fans? Get the misting kind, plain kind, or just a mister without a fan? Or nothing at all? I found a thread on this, but it was back in 2009 and I think things might have changed a bit since then :)

I already ordered some cooling cloths from Amazon, and we will have water bottles with filters so we can just fill them up at the fountains. Any other suggestions for beating the heat?

Hi everyone. :goodvibes We are going in July...July 19-22 at RPR, July 22-Aug. 1 at CR and then Aug. 1-5 at the Dolphin. This will be our longest trip yet. I am sooo excited. :yay: I can't wait.

That sounds like so much fun. I added you to the new resort list.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2906818

I will add your dates there and if you want to add ADRs you can tell me there as well and I will add them.

Does anyone have any advice on misting fans? Get the misting kind, plain kind, or just a mister without a fan? Or nothing at all? I found a thread on this, but it was back in 2009 and I think things might have changed a bit since then :)

I already ordered some cooling cloths from Amazon, and we will have water bottles with filters so we can just fill them up at the fountains. Any other suggestions for beating the heat?

I honestly do not like the misting fans only because we have had so many break...or my kids like to spray people :headache: (mommy) when they don't want to be sprayed. So we found really cheap fans that attach to backpacks, purses, etc at Walmart. They were so cheap and we just carry those. It makes it much easier to cool yourself, yet there so small so you can take them anywhere and they work really well and cooling you down.

Well my last minute solo trip is all planned and bought! Purchased my airfare and got a few ADRs scheduled. I figured I'd do more CS since I will be eating by myself. Has anyone done solo trips before and would like to share tips?

My ultimate plan is to: arrive Friday July 27th at MCO 8:45p. Check in at Dolphin and head to MK for EMH. Tusker House ADR Saturday morning 8:05a. Do Safari and then head back to resort for pool/spa time. ADR at Via Napoli 5:45p (yum!). Not sure where I'll spend Saturday night...maybe go to jellyrolls. Sunday I check out and have an ADR for Crystal Palace at 8a. I'll spend some time at MK until heading back to the hotel to get my bags and head to the airport. :banana:

Well my last minute solo trip is all planned and bought! Purchased my airfare and got a few ADRs scheduled. I figured I'd do more CS since I will be eating by myself. Has anyone done solo trips before and would like to share tips?

My ultimate plan is to: arrive Friday July 27th at MCO 8:45p. Check in at Dolphin and head to MK for EMH. Tusker House ADR Saturday morning 8:05a. Do Safari and then head back to resort for pool/spa time. ADR at Via Napoli 5:45p (yum!). Not sure where I'll spend Saturday night...maybe go to jellyrolls. Sunday I check out and have an ADR for Crystal Palace at 8a. I'll spend some time at MK until heading back to the hotel to get my bags and head to the airport. :banana:

I would love to do a Solo trip, but my son would "kill" me!

Have you stayed at the Siver Lake Resort before? I was wondering as we are looking for something for Thanksgiving and it is available through my time share. Bonnett Creek is all booked at this time so we won't be able to stay there..:sad1:

We haven't stayed there before so I'm hoping we like it. We've stayed off-site at Vacation Village at Parkway, Celebration World, and Wyndham Cyrpess Palms. Vacation Village was nice but not at all exciting :) Celebration World needed renovation. Wyndham Cypress Palms was the nicest but the pool was boring too (according to my kids :))

Oh yeah, we also stayed at Orange Lake with my mom. It was nice but huge. If you don't mind driving to the pool/lazy river it's not bad. The room was nice (actually a 2 bedroom, sleeps 8 I think).

Good luck!

I'm so glad you had a great time! I think two rooms with teens would be ideal- you can close the door! (I'm speaking as a high school teacher and a mom of TWEENS) :rotfl2:

I think maybe we will visit POFQ. I'd love to see it!

Thanks!

That Disney math is funny that way, isn't it?

OMG!!!! Congratulations!!!

We bought ours from Walmart - camping section. They were 7.87 and 4.97 - see pictures in previous post.

I think the large one is annoying to carry, but for folks with a stroller, ideal. The small ones are nice and clipped on my kiddos backpacks. They are nice for children.

Honestly, I think just having a cold water bottle and rolling it on your neck is just as refreshing...

I am glad that you had a great time. Two rooms sounds like the way to go with teenagers and I bet they liked the space too.

As for misting fans...

I don't have one of the big ones only b/c they can get heavy to carry with batteries and full water. However, my mom bought one of the Disney ones and she loves it!

Instead I use some combination of the following, depending on my mood (or which kid is already using it.) The kids love the misting bottles and it doesn't produce a big spray, so it's easier to control and prevent others from getting wet too.

I got a small manual mister...no fan and it's about the size of a very large character pen or small water bottle. It was about $7 (?) at Target. It is light to carry but great when you just want to have some mist on your face/arms.

thumbnail.aspx

I also use a Frogg Togg Chilly Pad. You wet it and place it around your head or neck or shoulders and it really is cool to the touch.

thumbnail.aspx

Finally, I also have a smaller neck wrap with those cooler beads ...something like this
DDI-491837_280_280.jpg

If you put the neck wrap in the freezer or fridge it'll still be nice and cold later in the day.

The chilly pad and neck wrap can both be "refreshed" under water...just use any restroom sink to reactivate.

I saw those on Amazon, but there were no reviews and I was hesitant to buy it. Thats looks like it would work the best. I want to be able to pack light for the parks, so this might work good.

I saw those too, but thought it might be a little too much. Looks neat too.

Hey, I actually gave some of those to my grandmother a few years ago. I wonder if she still has them....hmmmm. I'll have to ask her because those would be a nice happy medium. Thanks for that!

As for misting fans...

I don't have one of the big ones only b/c they can get heavy to carry with batteries and full water. However, my mom bought one of the Disney ones and she loves it!

Instead I use some combination of the following, depending on my mood (or which kid is already using it.) The kids love the misting bottles and it doesn't produce a big spray, so it's easier to control and prevent others from getting wet too.

I got a small manual mister...no fan and it's about the size of a very large character pen or small water bottle. It was about $7 (?) at Target. It is light to carry but great when you just want to have some mist on your face/arms.

thumbnail.aspx

I also use a Frogg Togg Chilly Pad. You wet it and place it around your head or neck or shoulders and it really is cool to the touch.

thumbnail.aspx

Finally, I also have a smaller neck wrap with those cooler beads ...something like this
DDI-491837_280_280.jpg

If you put the neck wrap in the freezer or fridge it'll still be nice and cold later in the day.

The chilly pad and neck wrap can both be "refreshed" under water...just use any restroom sink to reactivate.

I love the Frogg Toggs! They are great for the summer months. Everyone in our family has a different color. The kids especially love them.

Another question from this little PIA:

How are the bugs in July? Like mosquitos etc? Should I bring bug spray?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter