*****OFFICIAL July 2012 Thread! Feelin' HOT HOT HOT!

Hi all! We will be there this July and I just found this thread through a search.
Does anyone have any good codes for a July car rental? I checked Mousesavers, but they all seem to be for pick up through May....do I need to wait? The current costs are nuts. I could buy a used car and sell it at the end of the week for cheaper! - Heck, I could buy a used car and abandon it at the end of the week for cheaper!

I went through Alamo and was able to get a great rate of $162.80 for the entire week. It was the best I found. Of course this is the compact car.. however I don't mind as there are only the two of us.

I went through Alamo and was able to get a great rate of $162.80 for the entire week. It was the best I found. Of course this is the compact car.. however I don't mind as there are only the two of us.

Nancy- I was looking at Alamo too. Out of curiosity- are you picking your car up at the airport or at the place in Disney?

Nancy- I was looking at Alamo too. Out of curiosity- are you picking your car up at the airport or at the place in Disney?

We are picking up at the airport. I found a code here on the disboards, and went to look for it for you but cannot seem to locate it. ... I will keep looking and if I come across it I will let you know.

Thank you for adding me to the list! I started a Pre-trip report, it'll explain why im so nervous! lol

Super excited it's my DD(4) 1st trip to WDW:love: And it's our 1st FAMILY trip to WDW, my DH and I went before we were married, and my DS(10) visited while with DG. We're stay one night @Disney Hilton because the flight we booked was @night & completely forgot about check in times..so we'll be @Lake Buena Vista resort & spa for 7night then we will drive to Miami. But while @WDW I booked an animation art class from the Disney Education program for my DS and got a fantastic deal on my park tickets!:yay: and he's sooo excited about going. And my DD can't wait for her magical makeover @Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique :wizard:
Also, booked breakfast with the Princess @Asherkus Storybook dining, and we're doing the Fantasmic Dinner Package.

Any ideas for other things we can do? :woohoo:

Yay! Just found this thread and it makes me even more excited to go seeing so many others going around the same time!

We're going July 19-22 (I know, almost not worth it...such a long story. Suffice it to say I'm at the mercy of the in-laws...:sad2:...however they are taking care of the bill so I'll keep my mouth shut! ;))

W'll be staying at All Star Sports, with a dessert party reservation on the 20th and Sci-Fi Dine In on the 21st. This is our first trip in the summer, so I'm really, really, REALLY not looking forward to the heat, but I'll hope it's not too awful. Any tips on keeping cool? Looking forward to counting down with everyone!

:yay:Was able to book the Dessert Party at MK for 7/8. So excited about that. Can't wait.:banana:

Yay! Just found this thread and it makes me even more excited to go seeing so many others going around the same time!

We're going July 19-22 (I know, almost not worth it...such a long story. Suffice it to say I'm at the mercy of the in-laws...:sad2:...however they are taking care of the bill so I'll keep my mouth shut! ;))

W'll be staying at All Star Sports, with a dessert party reservation on the 20th and Sci-Fi Dine In on the 21st. This is our first trip in the summer, so I'm really, really, REALLY not looking forward to the heat, but I'll hope it's not too awful. Any tips on keeping cool? Looking forward to counting down with everyone!

Take your time, realize you're not going to see everything, take breaks during the day to swim or nap.

Hey, we have Dessert Party ressies for the 20th too! See you there :) Its our first trip in the summer too...not heat people, so this should be fun :worried:

Beth, I found it. I do not know how to paste a link in to find the response so I cut and pasted the post here hope this works!

Originally Posted by jujube
I had the taxi dilemma as well. Taxis can get expensive. I have a corporate code: TI1 and a discount coupon AD5859JDP for Alamo that gives really good rates. I have a full size SUV for 4-20---4-26 that is $283.
There's a code for a free day compact through full size:AF4917AAM
Compact - 184.52
Midsize-191.37
full size - 207.47
These are for my dates. Yours might be cheaper.

Thanks! I put in the information and got a great rate, one question it said this may be from a coupon that I may have to present at time of rental. Did you have a coupon you used? Just wanted to make sure I did everything I need to do prior to arrival.

No, the coupon is an electronic coupon and so there is no coupon to present.
Glad you got a good rate! Last time we used taxis and we spent as much as the rental car! It was between $15-$20+ dollars one way with the tip!

Take your time, realize you're not going to see everything, take breaks during the day to swim or nap.

We definitely plan on taking our time and have those top picks as far as rides, and my philosophy is to leave plenty to see the next time! It's the first trip for 3 out of 5 of us, so I really think they'll be happy doing anything since DH and I have been before and are already planning another trip next year. :yay:

Hey, we have Dessert Party ressies for the 20th too! See you there :) Its our first trip in the summer too...not heat people, so this should be fun :worried:

Awesome!! It's our first time doing the dessert party, and I'm very excited. If nothing else, we'll have some really delicious desserts to enjoy! :cake: I guess I'm not as worried about the heat as I am the humidity...we have none of that here in west texas so it will be a major change! Should be an interesting vacation, but I'm really looking forward to it!

joining in! I just got my MOTHER'S DAY present from my husband: A trip to WDW!! We're going 7/20-26. I was so surprised!

Super excited it's my DD(4) 1st trip to WDW:love: And it's our 1st FAMILY trip to WDW, my DH and I went before we were married, and my DS(10) visited while with DG. We're stay one night @Disney Hilton because the flight we booked was @night & completely forgot about check in times..so we'll be @Lake Buena Vista resort & spa for 7night then we will drive to Miami. But while @WDW I booked an animation art class from the Disney Education program for my DS and got a fantastic deal on my park tickets!:yay: and he's sooo excited about going. And my DD can't wait for her magical makeover @Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique :wizard:
Also, booked breakfast with the Princess @Asherkus Storybook dining, and we're doing the Fantasmic Dinner Package.

Any ideas for other things we can do? :woohoo:

Joining in! I am heading to Pop on July 19th with my DD3 and a good friend of mine. SOOOOOO EXCITED!!! See y'all there! :thumbsup2

joining in! I just got my MOTHER'S DAY present from my husband: A trip to WDW!! We're going 7/20-26. I was so surprised!

:welcome: everyone! Our resort list and ADR thread is located here....

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2906818

If you guys want to be added, can you please post your dates and or ADRs there so I can add them to the list?

I'd like to join. We are going from 7/27-8/7 so a little of July and August. We have never been this time of year so I am a little nervous about the heat but not to much. We are planning lots of swim/water park time. We are doing a split stay between BLT/BWV.. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

We will be at AKV from July 8-14 and at BLT from July 14-21. SO EXCITED! :D

hi everyone!

I have booked an Illuminations Cruise (me, DS 8, and DD5) with another DIS couple and we have 5 spots open if others want to join us!

The cruise is July 14th and you meet at the BC dock at 8pm. Total cost id $364 and will be divided evenly among passengers, child or adult.

Please PM me if you are interested in joining us! :goodvibes

Bumping this up as the other DIS couple going...I know there have been a lot of people joining July lately :goodvibes

I'd like to join. We are going from 7/27-8/7 so a little of July and August. We have never been this time of year so I am a little nervous about the heat but not to much. We are planning lots of swim/water park time. We are doing a split stay between BLT/BWV.. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

We will be at AKV from July 8-14 and at BLT from July 14-21. SO EXCITED! :D

:welcome: if you guys want to be added to the resort and ADR thread, here is the link. Just let me know.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2906818

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter