*****OFFICIAL July 2012 Thread! Feelin' HOT HOT HOT!

The monorail is only down between the resorts and MK because of construction near the Grand Floridian. I had not heard it was closed for EMH - only mid day. Besides, the Poly has a boat that goes over to MK which is actually faster than the monorail! The monorail between Epcot and the TTC is also still running and it is a short walk over the TTC from most of the Poly longhouses. Ok, the Poly is my favorite resort and I would not give up an opportunity to stay there - so I am a little biased ;)

I am a Travel Agent and we sometimes get updates - if I hear anything more about the monorail I can post it here.

Oh thank you. Makes me feel so much better! I'm pretty sure they are only running it until 1 hour past regualr park closing, but they have extra buses/boats for EMH. I've heard this from Steve over at Tikiman Pages. But I can totally deal with it for those couple of late nights. A boat would be nice after a long hot day :) I was just worried about it during the day mostly since our gameplan is to head out for AM EMH, then take a mid-day break and head back for PM EMH.

We stayed at the Poly in Feb and loved it so much. I really want to try some different resorts, but I just can't give up my Poly! :cloud9:

Oh thank you. Makes me feel so much better! I'm pretty sure they are only running it until 1 hour past regualr park closing, but they have extra buses/boats for EMH. I've heard this from Steve over at Tikiman Pages. But I can totally deal with it for those couple of late nights. A boat would be nice after a long hot day :) I was just worried about it during the day mostly since our gameplan is to head out for AM EMH, then take a mid-day break and head back for PM EMH.

We stayed at the Poly in Feb and loved it so much. I really want to try some different resorts, but I just can't give up my Poly! :cloud9:

You are right, a few months ago they said the monorail would not be running for late night EMH, but I was confused because we were there at spring break and it WAS running for late night EMH! It could be because it was spring break and they anticipated larger crowds, but that particular night it was not very crowded at all - and we left close to 2am - and the park closed at midnight.

I have heard they do have extra boats running and buses too!

You are right, a few months ago they said the monorail would not be running for late night EMH, but I was confused because we were there at spring break and it WAS running for late night EMH! It could be because it was spring break and they anticipated larger crowds, but that particular night it was not very crowded at all - and we left close to 2am - and the park closed at midnight.

I have heard they do have extra boats running and buses too!

Good to know :) It's a catch 22 because I really want them to be running, but I don't want it to be crowded enough for them to be running :eek: But either way, I am sticking with the Poly. I tried to call them this morning to change to POFQ and the system was down so they couldn't do anything. I take that as a sign that I should stay put at the Poly. Wouldn't you? After all, what are credit cards for if not Disney vacations?? :cloud9:

Good to know :) It's a catch 22 because I really want them to be running, but I don't want it to be crowded enough for them to be running :eek: But either way, I am sticking with the Poly. I tried to call them this morning to change to POFQ and the system was down so they couldn't do anything. I take that as a sign that I should stay put at the Poly. Wouldn't you? After all, what are credit cards for if not Disney vacations?? :cloud9:

Like I said - I LOVE the Poly!!! We just get nailed with prices anymore because DD is 18 and they charge for the 3rd adult in the room. We are staying at POFQ this year - we have never stayed there. Actually it is a split stay between there and AS Movies which will be new to us too!

My DS and DGD will be flying down while I'll be driving down. They will probably get to POR before me. I've told him to pack their bathing suits in their carry on so they can go to the pool and relax while awaiting my arrival. The reservation is in my name and we are on the DDP, which now comes with a mug. They know the room may not be ready when they arrive, but they will probably want some lunch and a drink. So my questions are:

Will they be able to check in and pick up their KTTW and get their mugs?

Would it help them for me to do online check in?

It's getting closer day by day ;)

Thanks, Karen

I was wondering the same thing.. We arrive on the 28th and leave on August 4th. The 28th we are going to Cirque de Solies (spelling I believe!)

My wife and I will also be there from July 29th - August 6th. We would love to share an illuminations cruise if anyone has one or is still interested in trying to get one. July 29th is out as we are doing a carriage ride at 8:30PM in the NO French Quarter/Riverside but July 30 - August 4th we would be available.

I just realized in two months I'll be doing final packing checks on this day! Woohoo

Still can't believe we are doing the week of the 4th though. Crazy grandma wanted it that way!

Ill be going on my first solo trip and first solo vacation 7/22-7/27 and I am SO darn excited!!! Im thinking of doing the dessert party at the MK since you supposedly have a prime spot for the fireworks. Has anyone else does it? Is it worth the money and is it really a good spot for fireworks?

Woohoo!!

I'm so excited!!

We are going to the Dessert party on July 21!

We will be there on the 20th! Yay! Very excited about this too :)

Ill be going on my first solo trip and first solo vacation 7/22-7/27 and I am SO darn excited!!! Im thinking of doing the dessert party at the MK since you supposedly have a prime spot for the fireworks. Has anyone else does it? Is it worth the money and is it really a good spot for fireworks?

You should hurry and book it if you think you might want to. July opened up a couple days ago and lots of dates are already sold out. Good luck! I have never done it....we booked for July 20th this time....but I hear it is very yummy. Some people complain about the cost, but honestly, I would pay alot more to be able to have an assigned seat and spot for Wishes when its that crowded :)

Thanks to PP re: the July Wishes Dessert party.

I just booked it for Saturday, July 28th...the last night we are there. Figured it would be great not to fight the crowds on a weekend night ... we'll just sit and eat desserts.

I like to plan something special for our last day or night at Disney ... gives us something else to look forward to!

Booked July 2nd and 3rd at Pop Century then we'll be switching hotels to Marriott World Center Resort from the 4th - 9th! I'm excited, nervous, scared, worried! :rotfl2:

Hey All, Very happy to have booked this AM for 7 days at BC CL July 23-30th..First time at other resort. We have stayed at Poly last 7 times...It will be a Surprise for our 3 DS's...So looking forward..Hope to see some of you all there..Driving down from Montreal...:banana:

Hi everyone,

signing on! I'll be in the World from July 11 to July 25 :woohoo: The first nine days I'll be attending a conference at day so will only be in the parks at night, but the last four days will be all about enjoying myself - solo :idea:

I'll be staying at Caribbean Beach Resort for the conference part of my trip and then move to POP. I have never even visited CBR so am very much looking forward to experiencing it. POP has been my home for several weeks in the past so I already know that I love it :lovestruc

I can't wait! We did two weeks at POP last fall and I didn't expect to be able to return anytime soon since airfare from Europe is crazy expensive. Thank goodness for my job letting me go to that conference :love:

Now I'm off to read the rest of this thread. Looking forward to counting down with ya :dance3:

Hey All, Very happy to have booked this AM for 7 days at BC CL July 23-30th..First time at other resort. We have stayed at Poly last 7 times...It will be a Surprise for our 3 DS's...So looking forward..Hope to see some of you all there..Driving down from Montreal...:banana:

We are in Montreal too, but will be flying. How are you surprising the boys? I am surprising the kids too, but need to come up with an idea! :goodvibes

Hi all! We will be there this July and I just found this thread through a search.
Does anyone have any good codes for a July car rental? I checked Mousesavers, but they all seem to be for pick up through May....do I need to wait? The current costs are nuts. I could buy a used car and sell it at the end of the week for cheaper! - Heck, I could buy a used car and abandon it at the end of the week for cheaper!

My wife and I will also be there from July 29th - August 6th. We would love to share an illuminations cruise if anyone has one or is still interested in trying to get one. July 29th is out as we are doing a carriage ride at 8:30PM in the NO French Quarter/Riverside but July 30 - August 4th we would be available.

I added you to the resort list on our resort thread. :welcome:

Woohoo!!

I'm so excited!!

We are going to the Dessert party on July 21!

So exciting!

:welcome: I added you to our resort thread list.

Booked July 2nd and 3rd at Pop Century then we'll be switching hotels to Marriott World Center Resort from the 4th - 9th! I'm excited, nervous, scared, worried! :rotfl2:

:welcome: I added you to our resort thread list.

:welcome: I added you to our resort list thread. We surprised our kids last September. It was the best feeling. I am going to attempt that again, but we will see how that goes. Don't know how to surprise them this time. Thought maybe a scavenger hunt.

Yay...it's May, July is now the month after next, we are all getting closer!!!!

Getting closer and closer.

Hi everyone,

signing on! I'll be in the World from July 11 to July 25 :woohoo: The first nine days I'll be attending a conference at day so will only be in the parks at night, but the last four days will be all about enjoying myself - solo :idea:

I'll be staying at Caribbean Beach Resort for the conference part of my trip and then move to POP. I have never even visited CBR so am very much looking forward to experiencing it. POP has been my home for several weeks in the past so I already know that I love it :lovestruc

I can't wait! We did two weeks at POP last fall and I didn't expect to be able to return anytime soon since airfare from Europe is crazy expensive. Thank goodness for my job letting me go to that conference :love:

Now I'm off to read the rest of this thread. Looking forward to counting down with ya :dance3:

:welcome: I added you to the resort list thread.

For our new people, this is the thread link that has all our ADRs and resort lists.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2906818

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter