New MaxPass FP message?

Rather then just guessing, I have emailed Disneyland to find out what this is all about, I will let you know what they respond with when and if they do.
Thank you for this. I look forward to hearing their response.

ETA: We were in the parks last night and I don't remember seeing that message on the app. DH doesn't remember seeing it, either. Hmmm...

Last edited:
I’m at the park now and:
A. I haven’t seen that message in the app.
B. I’ve been able to grab several FPs for Buzz with zero issues.

Crowds aren’t too bad. Long a story short, I had a few small problems this morning and missed rope drop. As a result, I haven’t set foot in Fantasyland all day.

Doing OK on Buzz. Nice round score on my last go-through.
FBE82D06-F620-4F5D-8F7A-3377B4BCD5F2.jpeg

This would be terrible news - I really hope they leave the fast pass system as is. I understand for SWGE for a while but DLR fast pass system is by far superior.

I know magic pass is what Disneyland Paris has?

This would stink to be honest. I really like maxpass. However I could deal with is as long as it’s stays “day of”

NO ADVANCE FASTPASSES PLEASE!

I know magic pass is what Disneyland Paris has?

This would stink to be honest. I really like maxpass. However I could deal with is as long as it’s stays “day of”

NO ADVANCE FASTPASSES PLEASE!
Disneyland couldn't do advance FP due to the amount of passholders that would end up consuming them all in case they decide to go on a particular day and then not showing up to use them.

I’m at the park now and:
A. I haven’t seen that message in the app.
B. I’ve been able to grab several FPs for Buzz with zero issues.

I’ve been using Maxpass all day and haven’t seen that message either.

Disneyland couldn't do advance FP due to the amount of passholders that would end up consuming them all in case they decide to go on a particular day and then not showing up to use them.
I agree that DL probably won’t start doing advanced FP booking.

But I have always thought that they could offer advanced FP booking to on-property guests. It would prevent the problem of locals booking “just in case” and be an extra perk. Obviously if you cancel your reservation, your FPs would also be cancelled. I’m not saying they will, or even should, do this, just that they could.

I agree that DL probably won’t start doing advanced FP booking.

But I have always thought that they could offer advanced FP booking to on-property guests. It would prevent the problem of locals booking “just in case” and be an extra perk. Obviously if you cancel your reservation, your FPs would also be cancelled. I’m not saying they will, or even should, do this, just that they could.
They do do "specials" where you book and on check in, you get a multi experience FP. This is usually done during less busy periods. We had it during our last stay last month.

They do do "specials" where you book and on check in, you get a multi experience FP. This is usually done during less busy periods. We had it during our last stay last month.
Exactly. That seems to be the AP perk going on right now. Not sure if it’s still going or for how long. Also, here’s one no one ever mentions: if you sit through a DVC sales pitch for an hour, they will give you four FPs!

To follow up on the multiple experience FP tiering, I never found where I read it officially announced, but people on reddit are commenting that yesterday their multiple experience passes were tiered. Space, Matterhorn, Indy on tier 1, everything else tier 2.

Exactly. That seems to be the AP perk going on right now. Not sure if it’s still going or for how long. Also, here’s one no one ever mentions: if you sit through a DVC sales pitch for an hour, they will give you four FPs!

To follow up on the multiple experience FP tiering, I never found where I read it officially announced, but people on reddit are commenting that yesterday their multiple experience passes were tiered. Space, Matterhorn, Indy on tier 1, everything else tier 2.
It has been like that off and on for a few weeks now in both parks.

It has been like that off and on for a few weeks now in both parks.
I thought so. But when I mentioned it yesterday in this thread, it seemed like no one else had heard about it or experienced it, so I thought maybe I was going crazy! :teeth:

This past Monday (April 29th), when BTMRR broke down it was good for any ride in Disneyland and when Incredicoaster broke down it was good for any ride in California Adventure. I guess right now it just depends on the day?

They better not restrict it to one Fastpass per ride. It’s how I do rides like Thunder and Indy so many times! At least Space and Splash single rider will still be there.

Thanks for posting the link - that sounds much less scary than I feared. Although it stinks to lose the anytime pass in its current state, it doesn’t bother me all that much.

Okay making more sense now. When we were there Christmas break 2017 cars went down at we got a multiple expirence that couldn’t be used on anything except guardians.

I think fixing the Multiple Experience Pass/Magic Pass/Golden Pass (all the same thing) rules makes sense, but it was sure fun while it lasted! I think they also need to stop issuing FP while a ride is down. I'll gladly collect ME passes while Roger Rabbit, Goofy Sky School, or Buzz is down, but it just loads up the FP lines for other attractions.

I think fixing the Multiple Experience Pass/Magic Pass/Golden Pass (all the same thing) rules makes sense, but it was sure fun while it lasted! I think they also need to stop issuing FP while a ride is down. I'll gladly collect ME passes while Roger Rabbit, Goofy Sky School, or Buzz is down, but it just loads up the FP lines for other attractions.
I agree, they didn't used to give out FPs when a ride broke down until after it came back up and that made sense as they wouldn't know when it might come back online.

I agree, they didn't used to give out FPs when a ride broke down until after it came back up and that made sense as they wouldn't know when it might come back online.
Yeah, and when the ride does come back the Fastpass line is crazy long and so is the standby. On one of our recent trips, Incredicoaster was down for hours and when it came back we probably waited a half hour for our Fastpass and they were obviously heavily prioritizing Fastpass.

Indy went down while we were in line on Monday (April 29) and we got a "use at any FP ride in DL" FP. (We ended up using it for Indy later that day.) We were there Sunday, April 28-Thursday, May 2 and never saw the message on Max Pass. We got FPs for the same attraction on the same day - but did receive a message that we could not get one while holding one for the same ride. (A Guardians one popped up for the same time frame we already had an existing FP for it and it wouldn't let us grab it, even though we were eligible to get another FP.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter