New MaxPass FP message?

DLRExpert

and WDWExpert?
You see the following message before you choose your Fastpass return time.

You may plan only 1 of these per day.

Weird message but seems like I can pick it more than once for now.

ME

I see that message too, and it’s followed by a list of all the max pass attractions. I am guessing what it means is that you can only do one each per day? That would be new, but at least it would make sense. The way it’s worded now makes it seem like you can only book one pass on one ride for the entire day, which obviously doesn’t make sense.

So you can only ride a ride once during the day? No repeats? Even if you aren’t currently holding a fastpass for that ride currently? I wouldn’t like that. An awesome part of the fastpass system is that you can repeat rides.

I wonder if they are getting ready to change the fastpass system again?

I don't like the sound of this one little bit. I'll be at the park tomorrow and will report back if needs be. However, I can't imagine that DL would essentially scuttle the FP/MP system. Many AP holders, myself included, paid for MP so that it could be used throughout the day for multiple rides -- in my case, Buzz Lightyear. It would be very uncool if they took that away without warning.

I’d guess it has something to do with the new FP tier system, the changes to the magic FP, and the eventual (probably restricted in some way) FPs to the SW:GE attractions.

I don't like the sound of this one little bit. I'll be at the park tomorrow and will report back if needs be. However, I can't imagine that DL would essentially scuttle the FP/MP system. Many AP holders, myself included, paid for MP so that it could be used throughout the day for multiple rides -- in my case, Buzz Lightyear. It would be very uncool if they took that away without warning.
Good news for you: for whatever reason, Buzz is listed under “other experiences available” so it seems to be outside whatever this “only 1” message means. Curiously, it’s the only one in that category at DL. Similarly, GotG is the only attraction under “other experiences” at DCA.

Maybe they’re just testing something today, because it doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense, and nothing seems like it has actually changed yet.

I’ll post some pics if I can figure it out.

551095DD-8B62-424E-920D-9CC8A70E2D11.png E52369F4-0877-4F7E-BF8E-AC542363151A.png

I hope this is only for Star Wars. It’ll be a sad thing if they mess with MP!
I think they almost have to mess with MP. People will buy it to get SW rides. But they will be in the parks and using it for other things as well. I have a feeling if they don't mess with it, inventory for other rides will be depleted too quickly.

I’d guess it has something to do with the new FP tier system, the changes to the magic FP, and the eventual (probably restricted in some way) FPs to the SW:GE attractions.

Good news for you: for whatever reason, Buzz is listed under “other experiences available” so it seems to be outside whatever this “only 1” message means.

This appears to be good news (phew!). Thanks for the prompt update.

so basically the Fastpass system in Disneyland is changing to a tiered system like in Walt Disney World. This I dont like :(
Any chance anyone could list out the rides which are showing on the You May Plan Only 1 Of These Per Day section?

so basically the Fastpass system in Disneyland is changing to a tiered system like in Walt Disney World. This I dont like :(
Any chance anyone could list out the rides which are showing on the You May Plan Only 1 Of These Per Day section?
If it does change, I hope it’s not too restricting. I know when maxpass was first introduced there was a lot of uneasiness, since both parks became linked. Then in the end it worked out very well.

As of right now: ALL of the FP attractions are under “only 1” except Buzz. That’s why I’m guessing they’re just testing something because it doesn’t make sense as is.

Also, they already announced they are changing to a tiered system for the magic fast passes, but they haven’t said whether that same tiering is going to apply to getting passes normally, although that certainly may be the case.

If it does change, I hope it’s not too restricting. I know when maxpass was first introduced there was a lot of uneasiness, since both parks became linked. Then in the end it worked out very well.

but according to the screenshot up thread, it already is restricting to me, as in the past I have got multiple free Fastpasses from the kiosks in one day for Haunted Mansion and Star Tours. I dont ride Space Mountain or Splash Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain, or Its A Small World

A tiered system makes far less sense when you’re not dealing with advance reservations. And even for SWGE, does anyone actually think that FP will even be left for grabbing by the time someone would be eligible to grab a second?

The new system is currently the same as it was before.

After Reservation Only Weeks the word is it's for Galaxy Edge. You will be able to get 1 FP per day to enter the land. Later it can expand to the Star Wars Land attractions.

Other Experiences Available will be where the other FPs will be.

This came from one Service CM. Other CMs were deer in headlights.

A tiered system makes far less sense when you’re not dealing with advance reservations. And even for SWGE, does anyone actually think that FP will even be left for grabbing by the time someone would be eligible to grab a second?
Yeah. I’m not exactly sure how it would work for day to day fast passes.

But a tiered system actually does make sense, I think, when it comes to the magic passes. Because when a fast pass attraction goes down, it causes havoc at other major fast pass attractions. A tiered system wouldn’t help in every case, since all the major attractions would probably be in the same tier. But it could help for times when, say, Roger Rabbit or Buzz go down, it’ll prevent Space Mountain and Indy from getting flooded with all those people who suddenly find them selves with a free fast pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter