New MaxPass FP message?

I was just thinking/ hoping they would restrict the rides in SWGE to one ride per day (which would make sense) but not all the FO rides...

Right now the other rides with FP work pretty good. You can easily get the rides you want to ride with FP... it is a good system actually and maxpass enhances everything quite a bit...

If they would limit FP for most of the rides for one ride per day there wouldn’t be much use for maxpass actually...(I certainly wouldn’t buy it then) there aren’t „that“ many FP rides in general and if you can only ride those once a day I wouldn’t need maxpass.
I really don’t like that perspective... I think the system that’s in place now is pretty great...why change it?

I hope we soon find out what that means because I was just about to buy tickets with maxpass (I was worried they might raise the prices)... but if they change the whole maxpass system and it becomes useless I could easily save that money for something else...
I was pretty exited the last days about everything concerning DL but now this for me worried quite a bit... (I loved maxpass on our last trip and already planned how to use it for our next...)

Yeah. I’m not exactly sure how it would work for day to day fast passes.

But a tiered system actually does make sense, I think, when it comes to the magic passes. Because when a fast pass attraction goes down, it causes havoc at other major fast pass attractions. A tiered system wouldn’t help in every case, since all the major attractions would probably be in the same tier. But it could help for times when, say, Roger Rabbit or Buzz go down, it’ll prevent Space Mountain and Indy from getting flooded with all those people who suddenly find them selves with a free fast pass.

Yes - I didn't realize that was what was meant by "Magic Pass". Definitely makes sense in that respect.

As of right now: ALL of the FP attractions are under “only 1” except Buzz. That’s why I’m guessing they’re just testing something because it doesn’t make sense as is.

Also, they already announced they are changing to a tiered system for the magic fast passes, but they haven’t said whether that same tiering is going to apply to getting passes normally, although that certainly may be the case.
Can you link me to the announcement? I must have missed this! Are they changing the name to magic pass?

Can you link me to the announcement? I must have missed this! Are they changing the name to magic pass?
I don’t remember where this was announced. But it was quite awhile ago. I did think it was official. I’ll see if I can find it somewhere. I think Space Mtn, Matterhorn, and Indy were tier 1. Everything else was tier 2.

Also, I’m saying “magic pass” because I thought that’s what the any attraction/make-good FP was called. Maybe that’s not the actual name.

Last edited:

But a tiered system actually does make sense, I think, when it comes to the magic passes. Because when a fast pass attraction goes down, it causes havoc at other major fast pass attractions. A tiered system wouldn’t help in every case, since all the major attractions would probably be in the same tier. But it could help for times when, say, Roger Rabbit or Buzz go down, it’ll prevent Space Mountain and Indy from getting flooded with all those people who suddenly find them selves with a free fast pass.

We often go to DL for dinner and a walk and more than once, we noticed that Buzz was down, but still issuing FPs, so we would get one (that was usually instant or within 10 minutes) and go straight to Space. I'm sad it's no longer an option, but I don't blame them at all!

We often go to DL for dinner and a walk and more than once, we noticed that Buzz was down, but still issuing FPs, so we would get one (that was usually instant or within 10 minutes) and go straight to Space. I'm sad it's no longer an option, but I don't blame them at all!

So you could use the Buzz FP on Space, since Buzz was down?

So you could use the Buzz FP on Space, since Buzz was down?
When you have a fast pass on the app, if the ride goes down during your return hour, it automatically converts to pass that allows you to go on any other fast pass attraction at that park at any time.

It’s kind of a known trick to go ahead and grab a pass for Buzz in the evening, hoping that it will go down, if you are trying to ride Space Mountain or Indy and weren’t able to get a pass to them earlier.

Switching to a tiered system would prevent people from doing this. It was a fun little trick for people in the know, but it’s probably for the best to eliminate it.

This morning I only had that message on the app for DL and then my app crashed and when I restarted it was there for DCA too. None of the CM’s I asked about it knew what it meant. Luckily it hasn’t changed the way max pass has worked for me today!

Keeping in mind that it’s late in the day, so not all the FP attractions are available, that message is currently appearing for IASW, HM, BTMRR and Splash. I hope this doesn’t stick!

So you can only ride a ride once during the day? No repeats? Even if you aren’t currently holding a fastpass for that ride currently? I wouldn’t like that. An awesome part of the fastpass system is that you can repeat rides.

I wonder if they are getting ready to change the fastpass system again?
No, you would still be able to use standby, but you wouldn't be able to get another for for that attraction

I would be shocked if they change the system so that you can only get one fast pass for a ride in a day. That would be a major, major change.

I guess this would make sense for the new Star Wars rides at first, but for everything else that seems excessive.

Although, how’s this for some totally unsubstantiated wild speculation: what if they go to a “pay more to book more“ system? Kind of like WDW where you can pay more to book more fast passes? That would be super scummy, and honestly in my opinion, they have been very good about not doing “pay for access“ stuff at Disneyland recently (like, no way to pay your way into SW:GE, for example). But who knows!

NOOOOOO- the advance FP and tiered system at WDW is awful in our opinion. It takes so much flexibiity away. DLR is so much easier, so much more laid back, and so much less stressful. We alternate between the parks. We are long time WDW vets, but outside from missing world Showcase and now Pandora, we prefer DLR because it doesn't require planning every bit of your day in advance, and it is easier to get FPs as your day goes on. I understand that the new Star Wars rides may be a problem and that if they put FP for them, they may need to limit it to one a day for a while, but it would be awful if the other rides wind up tiered or with limitations.

Although, how’s this for some totally unsubstantiated wild speculation: what if they go to a “pay more to book more“ system? Kind of like WDW where you can pay more to book more fast passes? That would be super scummy, and honestly in my opinion, they have been very good about not doing “pay for access“ stuff at Disneyland recently (like, no way to pay your way into SW:GE, for example). But who knows!

Unless things have changed since last fall when we were at WDW, the only way you can pay more to book more fast passes is if you are staying club level at one of their resorts. So, it first requires you to shell out the extra for club level, and then it is crazy expensive to get the extra passes with a 3 day minimum. There are 3 of us, so for less than half our trip it was going to cost us $450 to get 3 extra FPs each day-- we didn't do it. Club level is expensive enough as it is, I couldn't justify paying that much extra for the FPs.

Unless things have changed since last fall when we were at WDW, the only way you can pay more to book more fast passes is if you are staying club level at one of their resorts. So, it first requires you to shell out the extra for club level, and then it is crazy expensive to get the extra passes with a 3 day minimum. There are 3 of us, so for less than half our trip it was going to cost us $450 to get 3 extra FPs each day-- we didn't do it. Club level is expensive enough as it is, I couldn't justify paying that much extra for the FPs.
Yes. That’s what I was talking about. Pay more to get more! Didn’t say it was cheap!

I wouldn't like that. The best part about the fastpass system is that you can repeat rides with fastpasses. For example, using one fastpass for Matterhorn during the day, and another at night.
I agree completely, hopefully they are just setting the system up for reserving for SWGE which will be limited to once per day after the reservation period ends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter