New MaxPass FP message?

I believe you’re thinking of a “Multiple Experiences Pass.” When a FP becomes unusable - usually because an attraction is closed during your return time - it converts automatically into an MEP. The app explains which attractions honor them and which don’t. There are only a few that won’t. Alice in Wonderland and PP, for example. But they will work on several other attractions that don’t offer FPs. For example, I used one last Sunday for Pirates. I didn’t go straight to the front of the line but I was allowed to enter through a gate close to the doors. From there, it was only about a five-minute wait. They can be very handy.
That is interesting! I didn’t know you can use those on pirates!

I wonder if this is something that will only be done on very busy days. I have been in the park a few times in the last couple weeks, and the only time I saw the message on Maxpass was on Saturday, May the Fourth be with you. Other days, i did not see it listed.

If they are only doing this on especially busy days, I completely understand.

I still have not received any response to my email from Disney, which tells me there is something to this as they usually respond pretty quickly when there is nothing to something.

We had the warning on the last day of our visit last week, too. Then, the app wouldn't let us book Incredicaoster again that day. It was frustrating because we had two FastPasses for the same ride the day before.

We had the warning on the last day of our visit last week, too. Then, the app wouldn't let us book Incredicaoster again that day. It was frustrating because we had two FastPasses for the same ride the day before.
I would go to guest relations on that one, that is not what you agreed to when you purchased your ticket after all, unless you bought that day and they clearly indicated this before buying.

That is interesting! I didn’t know you can use those on pirates!
When they used to give out paper FP for ride break downs the tickets said they could be used at any ride except for a short list and that list always included Peter Pan and RSR. If you got one for a ride on that list it would say you could use it on any ride, so that meant you could use it for Peter Pan.

It seems the ME passes are incorporating some of these old rules and will only let you use them on rides of similar "value." This makes sense as rides like RSR sellout of FP much earlier in the day than others.

I would go to guest relations on that one, that is not what you agreed to when you purchased your ticket after all, unless you bought that day and they clearly indicated this before buying.
Yes this is the interesting question here...
If I buy tickets with maxpass included today for later this year I would expect to be able to book every ride as often as I want to ride/book it like I was able last summer... but what exactly did I agree on?
It says on the website...FP “selections are limited and availability is not guaranteed“ ... they didn’t clearly state „how“ they limit availability... so I think they could limit you to booking popular rides just once a day...(at least that’s how I understand it but legal terms are always pretty confusing...)

That’s why I am a bit hesitant to buy them now because if I can’t book a ride twice or more a day maxpass wouldn’t have much value for me actually...(definitively not enough value for the new price...)

Are they opening the door for a Maxpass Plus? Basic one with these restrictions and a more expensive one without restrictions?

Yes this is the interesting question here...
If I buy tickets with maxpass included today for later this year I would expect to be able to book every ride as often as I want to ride/book it like I was able last summer... but what exactly did I agree on?
It says on the website...FP “selections are limited and availability is not guaranteed“ ... they didn’t clearly state „how“ they limit availability... so I think they could limit you to booking popular rides just once a day...(at least that’s how I understand it but legal terms are always pretty confusing...)

That’s why I am a bit hesitant to buy them now because if I can’t book a ride twice or more a day maxpass wouldn’t have much value for me actually...(definitively not enough value for the new price...)
I have an annual pass with Maxpass and if this happens to me, you can bet I will say something, as it isn't what I agreed to when purchasing my pass.

I believe you’re thinking of a “Multiple Experiences Pass.” When a FP becomes unusable - usually because an attraction is closed during your return time - it converts automatically into an MEP.

I noticed though on our last trip (Sunday) they changed the name to 'replacement' fast pass. It happened to us after Indiana Jones broke down during our return window.

I noticed though on our last trip (Sunday) they changed the name to 'replacement' fast pass. It happened to us after Indiana Jones broke down during our return window.
I noticed this 2 weekends ago. Soarin broke down and we got a replacement fastpass. I didn’t check what rides it said it was valid for though. So I am not sure if it excluded certain rides.

That is not okay. Even at WDW, you can book the same ride again AFTER you use your initial 3 FPs (not that there is much left by that time in some of the parks). I know you can't have 2 for the same ride at the time time, but after you have used the first one, there is no reason that you should not be able to FP that ride again if it is available and if that is what you want to use your FP on.

I know you can't have 2 for the same ride at the time time, but after you have used the first one, there is no reason that you should not be able to FP that ride again if it is available and if that is what you want to use your FP on.

Yeah, that would save us money on our June trip - I'm not paying for Maxpass to go on rides once via fastpass. I can pull fastpasses manually for that.

There are some rides I wouldn't care about (I don't ride Incredicoaster in the first place) but as a general rule, it's a non-starter. With luck, this was just a glitch and MaxPass will continue as usual.

Last edited:
Yeah, that would save us money on our June trip - I'm not paying for Maxpass to go on rides once via fastpass. I can pull fastpasses manually for that.

There are some rides I wouldn't care about (I don't ride Incredicoaster in the first place) but as a general rule, it's a non-starter. With luck, this was just a glitch and MaxPass will continue as usual.
The problem is I believe the rule would also apply to paper FPs, not just Maxpass, it is just more obvious because the app mentions it.

Are you sure you weren’t holding Incredicoaster at the same time already? Everyone I’ve talked to about this (guests and CMs alike) say it was just a fluke message (likely testing for something in the future, but with no changes to the FP system at this time). Friends confirmed that they rode several rides twice with FP on Saturday, when the message appeared, including one friend who rode RSR twice with a FP. It seems likely that your Incredicoaster experience was a separate issue/error.

Yeah, with Maxpass you’ve never been allowed to have 2 Fastpasses for the same ride at one time, but it’s ok to get a Fastpass for a ride, use it, and then after that get another Fastpass for that ride.

Yeah, with Maxpass you’ve never been allowed to have 2 Fastpasses for the same ride at one time, but it’s ok to get a Fastpass for a ride, use it, and then after that get another Fastpass for that ride.
Yep, I have even done this while standing in the FP return line for said attraction before without issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!