MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

I am sure the answer to my question is somewhere in this thread but I cannot find it. I hope someone is able to clarify if you can book MaxPass at the same time in both parks if you have hoppers. Or if you book a MaxPass in DL do you need to wait the 90 minutes (or ride entry) to book one in CA?

I am sure the answer to my question is somewhere in this thread but I cannot find it. I hope someone is able to clarify if you can book MaxPass at the same time in both parks if you have hoppers. Or if you book a MaxPass in DL do you need to wait the 90 minutes (or ride entry) to book one in CA?
Your later statement is correct, you need to wait to book your next FP regardless of which park it's for. For the purposes of FP they are now treating DL and DCA as one big park. This is true even if you don't have MaxPass, it's a change they made shortly before introducing MaxPass.

Your later statement is correct, you need to wait to book your next FP regardless of which park it's for. For the purposes of FP they are now treating DL and DCA as one big park. This is true even if you don't have MaxPass, it's a change they made shortly before introducing MaxPass.
Thank you for this clarification. I will plan accordingly.

MaxPass by itself should not use much data. It’s just sending small data packets between the phone and Disney’s servers. Think of it like sending a text message. However, other features within the app may use large amounts of data such as downloading pictures or refreshing the map data.

How far down Harbor Blvd have people been able to book MP? I heard on the DL podcast that someone booked from the Grand Legacy. We will be staying at the Hojo, but that may be too far.

Thanks for all of the great info guys. Will be using MP for the first time in July.

We could from the Hojo!

So what are people’s predictions on the incredicoaster and maxpass? Will it be available opening day you think?

How far down Harbor Blvd have people been able to book MP? I heard on the DL podcast that someone booked from the Grand Legacy. We will be staying at the Hojo, but that may be too far.

Thanks for all of the great info guys. Will be using MP for the first time in July.
It’s not based on proximity to the parks. You could fly home and book one if you’d been in the park that morning.

We could from the Hojo!

So what are people’s predictions on the incredicoaster and maxpass? Will it be available opening day you think?
Were you able to book initial MaxPasses or was this after you going to the park once? Because my understanding is after you entered the park for the day, it didn't matter where you booked.

We grab them from the Homewood Suites down near the convention center, but if you have been to the park already, you should be fine. I don’t believe there is any location tracking used to determine if you can pull FP’s with MaxPass.

Were you able to book initial MaxPasses or was this after you going to the park once? Because my understanding is after you entered the park for the day, it didn't matter where you booked.
Oh yeah deff has been in the park already that day. I thought it used your location too! Guess I was wrong. Makes more sense the other way lol

Well, Arizona isn't anywhere near Harbor, but it still works! You should be just fine.

ETA: We've booked a lot of MP from Homewood Suites just south of the Toy Story parking lot. It is great to take an afternoon break and come back with FP lined up for the evening.

Last edited:
We're going to be at DLR for 2 days on 3/22 and 3/23. Is it worth getting this during spring break? I'm thinking FP availability may not make it worth purchasing,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter