MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

We are going next week. I have four tickets purchased from LMT Club.

For clarification -
1. Before getting to Disneyland, I scan the four tickets into the app and name them.
2. Use the paper tickets at the turnstile to get into the park. At this point, we would get the small tickets.
3. Then when we enter either park, I can purchase MaxPass through the app.
4. I can use either the small tickets or the app in order to use the MaxPass for the rides. I have read that the tickets seem to work a bit better.

Question -
I know that PhotoPass is included, so do I just use my phone to scan with the photographers?

Please let me know if I have anything wrong or other tips. Thanks in advance!

We are going next week. I have four tickets purchased from LMT Club.

For clarification -
1. Before getting to Disneyland, I scan the four tickets into the app and name them.
2. Use the paper tickets at the turnstile to get into the park. At this point, we would get the small tickets.
3. Then when we enter either park, I can purchase MaxPass through the app.
4. I can use either the small tickets or the app in order to use the MaxPass for the rides. I have read that the tickets seem to work a bit better.

Question -
I know that PhotoPass is included, so do I just use my phone to scan with the photographers?

Please let me know if I have anything wrong or other tips. Thanks in advance!
For photopass on your phone in the app in the photos section when your scroll down on the app homepage there is a button that says show photopass code. When you click on it that will display the QR code. You can also get a photopass plastic card from the photopass photographer and add the number into your app. You will have to enter the numbers for all ride attraction photos.

I’m usually a pretty big proponent of digital, but it takes a few clicks to get to the QR code in the app. Not the best UX in my opinion. When I did a multi day ticket, I found it was easier to link a photopass card and just keep that in my pocket. We’re back on AP’s now and with that the photographer can just scan the pass.

I’m usually a pretty big proponent of digital, but it takes a few clicks to get to the QR code in the app. Not the best UX in my opinion. When I did a multi day ticket, I found it was easier to link a photopass card and just keep that in my pocket. We’re back on AP’s now and with that the photographer can just scan the pass.
If I use the park tickets, it might be easier to use a photopass card too.

We just used a Photopass card linked to our PP account. It was very easy. Sometimes the photographer was faster than us and just handed us a new card. Just scan that one in too, or enter the number, and you can use either.

At character meals, just tell them you have MP for the day. They will ask to see it in your app, or your confirmation email for the day, and they will give you a card with the number and QR code to add to your account.

At character meals, just tell them you have MP for the day. They will ask to see it in your app, or your confirmation email for the day, and they will give you a card with the number and QR code to add to your account.
I don't think I knew this. Good info. Thanks.

I've read the first page of this thread & the last 6 pages and Im not sure if this has been covered already but anyways....I think Maxpass is a good option for me & Dh going for 3days (Mar 13-15) but I'm not going to have data added to my phone plan (Im from Canada). Is the wifi @ DLR strong enough (like in WDW) to use MaxPass and the app. effectively? I am going to use my own backup plan of taking pictures of the app. FP to be scanned or just using my paper ticket at the return scanners. but will I be able to make new FP's on MP without data over DLR wifi?

I've read the first page of this thread & the last 6 pages and Im not sure if this has been covered already but anyways....I think Maxpass is a good option for me & Dh going for 3days (Mar 13-15) but I'm not going to have data added to my phone plan (Im from Canada). Is the wifi @ DLR strong enough (like in WDW) to use MaxPass and the app. effectively? I am going to use my own backup plan of taking pictures of the app. FP to be scanned or just using my paper ticket at the return scanners. but will I be able to make new FP's on MP without data over DLR wifi?
It’s pretty bad for me, I have an iPhone 8 Plus and don’t usually get anything useful from it, even if I’m right in front of a hotspot. I usually turn my WiFi off to save battery for that reason, because it is constantly scanning and trying to connect when I pass near one.

It is not park-wide coverage, there are hotspots you can connect to when close but it does not cover the entire park.

Last edited:
I think that if you're not going to have mobile data then a big part of the advantage of MaxPass is lost. You will have to walk to a hotspot to book your FP, so the benefit of not having to run around collecting FP is diminished. You might not have to walk as far, but you won't be able to do it wherever you happen to be. If you're going to make use of MaxPass's other features (photopass, reduced wait time between FP) it might still be worth it, but personally I would either get a data plan or skip it.

I think that if you're not going to have mobile data then a big part of the advantage of MaxPass is lost. You will have to walk to a hotspot to book your FP, so the benefit of not having to run around collecting FP is diminished. You might not have to walk as far, but you won't be able to do it wherever you happen to be. If you're going to make use of MaxPass's other features (photopass, reduced wait time between FP) it might still be worth it, but personally I would either get a data plan or skip it.
Not the good news I wanted to hear but thank you for letting me know. I think I will add mobile data so I can use MP.

I’m from Canada as well (BC) and Telus has a pretty reasonable travel pass plan that I got. No way I’d try to use MP with only the hotspots in DLR. Honestly, the wifi was practically nonexistent and I wound up using my data for everything.

I've searched a bit but couldn't see..if I get max pass can I use it to get world of color fast passes or do I still need to go to kiosk? I know it is on a separate system as far as ride fast passes but I am trying to decide on max pass and honestly not having to go to the kiosk first thing would be partially worth it.

I've searched a bit but couldn't see..if I get max pass can I use it to get world of color fast passes or do I still need to go to kiosk? I know it is on a separate system as far as ride fast passes but I am trying to decide on max pass and honestly not having to go to the kiosk first thing would be partially worth it.
No, the shows (WOC, F!) are not bookable via MP.

I have two quick questions. My family has maxpass for free as part of our premier annual passes. They are loaded and named on my digital account.
1) In order to book the fastpasses, do all of us have to be through the turnstiles or am I able to book them once I am through?
2) if I am in DL and some of my family is in DCA, can I still book all of us as long as we all made it through the various turnstiles?

Thanks!

I have two quick questions. My family has maxpass for free as part of our premier annual passes. They are loaded and named on my digital account.
1) In order to book the fastpasses, do all of us have to be through the turnstiles or am I able to book them once I am through?
2) if I am in DL and some of my family is in DCA, can I still book all of us as long as we all made it through the various turnstiles?

Thanks!
1) Everyone has to enter through a park turnstile.

2) Yes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter