MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

Is Max Pass worth it if you have a 3 day/1 park per day tickets(can't upgrade bc we won them in a contest :/)? We will be using them in the summer at the end of July beginning of August so I'm assuming it will be busy but we've never been then! Also we are a family of 10--4 adults & 6 kids(ages 4-16) who pretty much love all rides & my youngest is finally 40 inches--Is Max Pass effective for groups that big?!? Any advice you could give would be so helpful!
Personally I think MaxPass is less valuable for large groups with multiple adults. A big benefit of MaxPass in my mind is being able to keep your group together rather than sending someone off for FP runs. But with a large group, you could take turns being the FP runner and maybe only have to go once in a day, or you can send two or three people as the runners so they're not alone, and maybe they can sneak in a kid-free activity along the way.

On the other hand, MP has other benefits. You can pull FP more frequently, which will help if you want to ride a lot of headliners efficiently. You get the photos (although if you only want the photos, you could just buy MP for one person). Cutting out the need to physically go to the FP kiosks means you can pull your next FP more quickly, even if you're in line for another ride or eating a sit down meal. If your group splits up but you still want to coordinate getting a FP together, there's no need to meet up and gather everyone's tickets - as long as everyone is eligible for a FP one person can just go on their phone and pull the FP for everyone. So if you'll make optimal use of it, riding as many FP rides as you can, it may be worth it.

Yes it was awful on Thursday. The whole system failed and we got our confirmation at 7pm after we had left. It really threw the staff as they were trying to deal with the standard fast pass ways. We saw them setting up other fast pass stations around the park trying to cope with the system failure of max pass. I have to say it rally did effect our day and ability to get asmany rides in as a family.

Yes it was awful on Thursday. The whole system failed and we got our confirmation at 7pm after we had left. It really threw the staff as they were trying to deal with the standard fast pass ways. We saw them setting up other fast pass stations around the park trying to cope with the system failure of max pass. I have to say it rally did effect our day and ability to get asmany rides in as a family.

I wonder if that was why the lines and return times were exceptionally long Thursday? We didn't get max pass Thursday but I wasn't able to access any of my dining reservations for the whole day - this was a problem as I wanted to cancel the Fantasmic package we had for the following day. No one at the park was able to help - guest relations were clueless and told us that there were no cancellations at all (hmmm...). We weren't able to get through at all on the dine line - just kept getting a busy signal the whole time. We finally went to the RBT and spoke to an amazing cast member at the front. Although she was unable to pull up our reservation, she did take our names and promised to get it cancelled. She told us to ask for her when we got to the park next morning and she would confirm it when the system was back. Thankfully, it came back up before we left that evening and I was able to cancel from the app and made a trip back to RBT to let her know!

We did purchase maxpass the following day and it really helped us for the "must do" rides that we had missed out on the previous days. We had no idea how or where to look for photos from the rides (or even which rides offered them) so we didn't use that feature of the pass at all. However, it was the best $40 we spent at the parks considering the huge crowds and long wait times! I really wish Disney would fix the wifi, though - data roaming on my plan from Canada is extortionate!

Yes it was a cluster on Thursday. We did find a guest relations persons by the whale mouth in Fantasyland who called the Max Pass Person who was trying to fix the issue so we knew it was being worked on. It seems most people could still see dining reservations but that was it. I have to say te other 4 days max pass worked great aside from the spotty wifi access in the park.

Thank you, that's very helpful! This will be my first trip with my toddler...well, any kids in general!...so the Rider Swap is new for me also. I definitely don't want to cheat the system, I just want to be as efficient as possible! I think Maxpass will save us a lot of time, I just need to figure out how best to utilize it.
IMO, if the system allows it, it isn't cheating. Doing rider swap takes twice as long to do each ride, so I don't consider that an advantage. My only experience with rider swap was about 5 years ago when we used it on IAJ. The big kids would get to ride twice, once with each parent. It still took a long time. I think you could definitely plan to use rider swap in conjunction with MP, but I don't have any advice on how to make it work. MP is awesome though.

I’ve read through here and skimmed the Disneyland website and can’t find information on MaxPass for non AP holders. I’m going to be there for half a day next month by myself and figured I could use this to hopefully ride Space Mountain, Star Tours, and Guardians as much as possible plus get pictures from the rides as a bonus. Is it available to non AP holders and what is the cost? Thanks.

... Is it available to non AP holders and what is the cost? Thanks.

As far as I know, MP is currently available to all ticket holders for the cost of $10 per person per day. The cost includes one day of MP with PhotoPass. You can prepurchase MP through the DLR website if you buy your ticket that way. If you buy your ticket through another vendor, you must wait until you go through the turnstiles before purchasing MP on the DLR app. You can also buy MP at the ticket booths, but with your limited time in the parks, I would avoid that if at all possible. No matter how you purchase MP, it will not activate until you actually clear the turnstiles. Keep track of the app before you get to the parks to see whether FPs are still available for the rides you want. If there aren't any FPs available by the time you arrive at the gates, it might not be worth it to buy MP.

I’ve been meaning to post this here as a question. All my reading before our trip I didn’t come across this.

So it was very very busy when we were there. We had maxpass and has a fastpass for RSR (luckily we had rode it earlier in our trip too) anyway it breaks down and the fastpass converts.

So we decide to go to guardians and I didn’t even think to look but we were denied at guardians and told the multiple expirence wasn’t good there. We got “blue” when we tried. No big deal we went and road soarin again, but make sure to pay attention to which attractions it tell you you can use them at.

I’ve been meaning to post this here as a question. All my reading before our trip I didn’t come across this.

So it was very very busy when we were there. We had maxpass and has a fastpass for RSR (luckily we had rode it earlier in our trip too) anyway it breaks down and the fastpass converts.

So we decide to go to guardians and I didn’t even think to look but we were denied at guardians and told the multiple expirence wasn’t good there. We got “blue” when we tried. No big deal we went and road soarin again, but make sure to pay attention to which attractions it tell you you can use them at.

Yes, the multiple experience pass has exceptions listed. If you get a multiple experience pass for any ride in DCA except Guardians or RSR, then it lists Guardians and RSR as the exceptions. If you get a multiple experience pass because RSR goes down, Guardians is the exception. Honestly I don't know if RSR is listed as an exception on the Guardians multiple experience fastpass, but I wouldn't be surprised. In DL, I think the exception listed is Space Mountain on the multiple experience passes.

Yes, the multiple experience pass has exceptions listed. If you get a multiple experience pass for any ride in DCA except Guardians or RSR, then it lists Guardians and RSR as the exceptions. If you get a multiple experience pass because RSR goes down, Guardians is the exception. Honestly I don't know if RSR is listed as an exception on the Guardians multiple experience fastpass, but I wouldn't be surprised. In DL, I think the exception listed is Space Mountain on the multiple experience passes.
I think which big rides are on the list depends on several factors that only Disney knows, so it is important to check your app for the list you were given. We had a ME pass from Goofy Sky School going down. RSR was not on the list. I can't remember if Guardians was because we don't ride that. When we had a ME pass from Roger Rabbit going down, Space Mountain was on the list. The funny thing is we were all tired and the kids were ready to go back to the hotel so we didn't even use that one! I don't think my kids realize how golden ME passes are, but sometimes sleep is more important than going on one more ride.

I just came back from the parks last week. We were there from the 27- 31. We used max pass on two days and we did every single ride we wanted to do. We could easily have done MP just one day and hit everything but i wanted a more relaxed pace. We would do Fantasy and tomorrow land during EMH and book MP while we did those rides. I would definitely use it again. And if it worked this great with the number of people I can only imagine on a bit slower days.

I’ve read through here and skimmed the Disneyland website and can’t find information on MaxPass for non AP holders. I’m going to be there for half a day next month by myself and figured I could use this to hopefully ride Space Mountain, Star Tours, and Guardians as much as possible plus get pictures from the rides as a bonus. Is it available to non AP holders and what is the cost? Thanks.
It’s definitely available to non AP holders! I don’t have an AP and I used it last August. It was fabulous and I plan to use it again when we go this year! Have a great trip!

I'm looking for the best maxpass/fast pass blog/website to see all the tips? There are SOOOO many blogs/websites out there with tips, just wondering what people here read/use?

I'm looking for the best maxpass/fast pass blog/website to see all the tips? There are SOOOO many blogs/websites out there with tips, just wondering what people here read/use?
My favourite is always Casey at Disneyland Daily!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!